Starting the Fool's Errand of hitting PL by the 20th

• I have decided to chase the legend. As the title says I am looking to push out to Pirate Legend in a week. I am looking to double check my plan on the best method. I have a pirate legend who will be putting down DR athenas and that will be main method of leveling. When he's not on, i will be in the DR doing merchant voyages, as the are the hardest to grind. Worst case, i use some doubloons to but the last few levels that I need.

In your opinion, is this the best method? Is there anything I am over looking? I am a 41, 37, 36. So please feel free to crush my dreams if it's in now way realistic. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Oh, i forgot to mention, my son is 7 weeks old. :D

Second EDIT: I made it to 47, 41,47. I have decided to not use the doubloons to buy the level, it just seems like a waste. Congrats to everyone who was able to grind it out. I am happy for you guys.

Also thanks to the random strangers i found online that helped me along the way. Overall , this weekend was one of the best periods for me as a player. Thanks again.

Views
  • @demonichedgehog

Well I'm not here to crush any dreams.
    But as you know you have a lot of work ahead of you.
    There is recent thread on this, & I think this weekend event is really going to help you
    https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/82809/can-i-make-to-pl-in-time

Keep the faith Pirate.... and good luck!

Craggy ( PL for 2 days, yip I made the push )

• Double gold an XP event 15 - 18th so you will have to put the hours in but it is probably do able, save doubloons to buy the last few levels, prioritise OoS, MA, GH when buying levels (GH should be the easiest)

• @demonichedgehog Ooooh! Tall order matey. I'd say get yourself a crew and hit as many forts as possible. Also try to befriend a PL who will be able to drop level 50 voyages for better payouts.

Good luck to you, pirate!

• @piratecraggy

Thanks for the link. It had a bunch of good info. I know it's gonna be a long haul and not easy. But easy is not the Pirate way. :D

• @octopus-lime

DUDE!!!

I had no idea about the event going on. That's fricking awesome news. Thanks so much for the tip. That means a LOT of ships on, but maybe we can work together and all hit our goals.

I appreciate the insight.

• you got this and if you need any extra help you can add me. ill help with whatever you need help with:) good luck hedgehog!

• @demonichedgehog said in Starting the Fool's Errand of hitting PL by the 20th:

@piratecraggy

Easy is not the Pirate way. :D

Got it in One!
    Keep that in mind & you might just do it!!!!

• @luciansanchez82

I've got one willing to help. When he's not available, it's the Devil's Roar for me.

• @demonichedgehog doing DR athenas is good for the goldhoarder and OoS...but not for merchants...Forts arr probably the best way to grind to PL

• @schwammlgott

So even with the new prices of 1400, and the DR being so small, Forts are still the best way to go for the merchants?

• @demonichedgehog Possibly, I'm not sure of the rep payout for things like kegs and ancient bone dust so can't comment on that. But if you have a quiet server, you can smash forts out without being troubled by other pirates.

EDIT: And try to join alliances but keep your whits about you. No need to be in the same area as the other crews once you have allied up so just keep grinding and watch the horizon.

• @demonichedgehog after you finished one a new fort spawns in a few minutes
    You get the fort barrel and the other merchant thing...that's allmost 10k for 15 minutes work only for merchants

• @demonichedgehog Depends on the crew. If you can clear a fort quickly and deal with other players easily, then forts are the best way to level MA. The problem comes with having to do multiples - especially when they get contested... or having to wait for a Ship Battle cloud to disappear, or wait for another Fort Cloud to show up... it seems to be cyclical with a pause at the end of the cycle - usually after the Ship Battle (based on my observations). DR Cargo runs would be less contested and with the changes run roughly 6-7k max per voyage and you can stack them getting 18-21k per voyage for MA alone.

• @yardlurker47

Thanks for that. That's super cool of you. I will add you and hopefully we can make this happen.

• @bran-the-ent

That is exactly my thought. I know the fort is the better overall reward, but i was thinking in straight time to rep ratio, the runs might be better. ESPECIALLY with how crowded the forts will be on the boosted weekend. I guess we will see.

It's gonna be fun one way or the other.

• @piratecraggy just like rare gave out the overacheiver sails to the ppl who got the lower goal of cash ins . they are making it easy to get PL before the 20th look at the event they are putting out this weekend. I think the PL's from back in the day should get something different just as I think the overachiever sails should have had a number above the trophies 360 for the ppl who got the sails last minute and a 1k for the true fans that did 1k of everything .. everyone ant their mom is goign to have whatever this pl gift is .. I'm guessing it's just a skin as they keep the game as fair as possible ,. besides teh broken aoe on the sword haha

• @p0pc0rnh3mer01d

You are not wrong Sir!
    RARE have their reasons for sure.
    I wouldn't worry about it too much, the more Legends on the Seas the more RARE is going to have to focus on PL stuff. It still a relatively small section of the overall player community but they are going to have to do more. The road to PL is a long one, no matter where you start the push, but what I can say is it has been for me one of the most rewarding experiences.

• @demonichedgehog
    Hello Mr Demonichedgehog; damn, you have one of the hardest Gamertags i ever wrote ( * That's no suprize , moron, ya can't write , fool). Sir, at first congratulations with yer little pirate ( * Excuse me , are you mocking this person? - Sunshine, calm down, he means congratulations with yer newborn Son...* Oops, i made a boo boo - Like usual * Shut it ,Captain Tearface)...but don't neglect yer fatherly duties , Hold on , i have a solution , put yer television's volume up...But the baby on a plastic cradle and keep him warm in blankets ....Put him in a tub and put yer feet in that tub to create waves that will bob him into sleep , after that ,make sure you have food , milk within arms' reach , be there this weekend because everything counts double ...Then play untill you reach Pirate Legend , even if you drop down , and if you drop down then let You Tube automaticly start shouting Appollo's Creed voice, shouting " There is no Tomorrow " to you ....If that doesn't motivate you to play untill you reach Pirate Legend , then i don't know it anymore....

• @piratecraggy said in Starting the Fool's Errand of hitting PL by the 20th:

@p0pc0rnh3mer01d

You are not wrong Sir!
    RARE have their reasons for sure.
    I wouldn't worry about it too much, the more Legends on the Seas the more RARE is going to have to focus on PL stuff. It still a relatively small section of the overall player community but they are going to have to do more. The road to PL is a long one, no matter where you start the push, but what I can say is it has been for me one of the most rewarding experiences.

yes i personally was legend after about 2 weeks after launch . so I see alot of what i call fake pirate legends as the introduction of alliance plus lazy pirates makes it super easy to hit PL without knowing what you are doing at all .. Also if you start a fresh pirate and do only athena voyages ggrind you can hit 50-50-48-10 so that's athena 10 before PL and that is doable in 7 days time

• PL here planning on just doing forts whenever I get on so hit me up if you wanna speedrun them some time and good luck, you’ll need it ;)

• I'm helping my buddy to do the same he is mid 30 on rep. We will be doing DR Athena and skullforts where possible. My best recommendation for now.

• @clumsy-george

I want to thank you and your 4 personalities for all their encouragement. That was probably one of the BEST messages i have ever read on the forum, period, ever.

I may not have understood a third of it, but boy howdy am i motivated. Thank you for the vote of confidence.

• @p0pc0rnh3mer01d

For what it's worth. I somewhat agree with you, and at the same time i don't. I get being a legend and having these glory seekers pushing to get a, probably minimal, reward that is rightfully yours as month MONTHS ago. I totally get that. However, I will NEVER be able to get the dragon, bone crusher, banjo-kazooie figure heads. having those exclusive items from playing as long as you have is it's own reward.

They are things that you've had forever and have probably overlooked, but my soul dies every time i see a glowing red figurehead and know it will never be mine. Just another perspective, but i do agree that you are a separate level of Pirate Legend, and i respect the legacy.

• @demonichedgehog said in Starting the Fool's Errand of hitting PL by the 20th:

@p0pc0rnh3mer01d

For what it's worth. I somewhat agree with you, and at the same time i don't. I get being a legend and having these glory seekers pushing to get a, probably minimal, reward that is rightfully yours as month MONTHS ago. I totally get that. However, I will NEVER be able to get the dragon, bone crusher, banjo-kazooie figure heads. having those exclusive items from playing as long as you have is it's own reward.

They are things that you've had forever and have probably overlooked, but my soul dies every time i see a glowing red figurehead and know it will never be mine. Just another perspective, but i do agree that you are a separate level of Pirate Legend, and i respect the legacy.

yea im in the same boat tho .. I usually just run no skins as even though I own everything possible in the game. There is one event/set of items I missed . I missed it due to a death in the family and had no internet while I was gone travelling for funeral . meanwhile the skelly ship event happened and put out the BEST figurehead aand sails and whatnot but I got to miss it . So to this day I still just run a naked boat. i have bought every store out of thier items and I have millions of gold to do nothing with . I honestly wish they would make the limited time cosmetics show up very rarely (like white meg rare) at the seaposts for 1 mill gold per item. I would pay it and search fro the only items I missed

• @p0pc0rnh3mer01d Yeah, they should get the chicken cheese sails. A Golden chicken on an American Cheese Orange background. ;)

• @bran-the-ent said in Starting the Fool's Errand of hitting PL by the 20th:

@p0pc0rnh3mer01d Yeah, they should get the chicken cheese sails. ;)

what are the chicken cheese sails? if you are referring to the merchant exploit from launch those ppl should get their pirates reset that's all they deserve

• @p0pc0rnh3mer01d Or maybe the "It's just more grind, so why did I race to get PL?!" sails. Or the "Boy, chests were worth so much more back then!" nostalgia sails.

• @darthmaxor1991

If you have room for 2 more at any point (my wife and I), please keep us in mind. I can add you, if that's not too much too soon. ;)

• @demonichedgehog yeah man that's no problem! We have a crew we tend to sail with but I don't think they will be around this weekend. We are playing Friday night after 8pm till like 3 am (eastern time zone) and pretty much all day Sunday. We work during the week and have wife/gf/kids so we aren't on too often. But weekends are always a sure thing! We don't mind if you got kids running around in the background either as long as it isn't too noisy, but you know how kids are!

• @demonichedgehog But for future gaming past the weekend If it's a case of us having our usual crew then give us like an hour and we will get you on an alliance ship of your own! We tend to buy them out or do a same-time server spawn to get two ships on the same server. Also I forgot to mention I do go on for like an hour or so once in a while during the week, so don't hesitate to msg me and I can hop on for a bit to help out, drop Athena's, general tips and tricks.

• Your son is more important than SoT.

• @boomtownboss

Lucky for me, he's pretty understanding of Daddy's goals right now. But obviously he always comes first.

• @darthmaxor1991

That's AWESOME to hear. I am working today, but am planning on smashing the weekend as hard as i can. I should also be up until 2-3 AM (MST) Saturday and i am off Sunday. so after the morning chores are done, i am on ALL DAY.

I had always wondered about trying to load two ships at the same time to try and link up on the same server. I am happy to assist however I can. I appreciate the support from awesome legends like yourself. I've already had a few people from the forums help me out this week. It is a prime example of how the community can come together.

• @demonichedgehog no problem duders, my gamertag is my profile name on here. Add me up. I too will have morning chores to do on Sunday but after that I'm on all day. If you don't end up connecting with me then I wish you all the best! Always welcome to hit me up in the future as well.

Views
1 out of 38