Bring back the Bottle Sniper Rifle!

• Ahoy Mates!
    Remember the launch Crew Eye of Reach?
    alttext

Ah, that was a great Gun... though I'm always hearing sailors say:
    "Where do ya get the Bottle Sniper Rifle, Mr. Palooggoo? It's so Neate, I must have it."

And I always have to respond with:

"Well lad, it was a 'launch' thing."

These sort of incidents sadden me, so you know what I think should be done?

It should be brought back!

👊☺💥

"You can't bring back time limited stuff Mr. Palooggoo! That's a badge of recognition! When I see someone holding it, I know he was here on launch!"

Oh, I forgot about that, seems we have a dilemma, what can be done then?

Hmmmmmmm, maybe they could bring it back with a different color pattern?
    So like the Bottle on the Riffle could be Brown or something?
    And the label on the bottle could say something different aside from "Launch Crew".

This way the people who don't have the Launch Crew EoR could still get a "Bottle Sniper Rifle", and the people who already have it wouldn't feel unspecial anymore.
    alttext

Anyways mates, what do ya think of this suggestion?
    Let me know if you want the "Bottle Sniper Rifle" back?
    Until then see ya on the seas!
    alttext

Views
  • Well im gonna be one of those who says strictly no, if you missed it you missed it.
    If it was exlusive on a event or something like that like that Perfect Dark thingy then i can understand if they take it back for others to get somehow but not this one mate. Not this one....no!

Same goes out if you bought things from the shop....if they're gone they should be gone.

• This is a sore spot with me. When I joined the game, the Launch Crew Eye of Reach was available in the shop for 1 gold. I didn't know it was a special reward for early players. I didn't buy it right away because I figured there would be time to get it, and for 1 gold it must not be anything special. Nobody told me it was limited. I can't believe I missed out on this. Wah!

• I wouldn't be surprised if another rifle came out similar to the launch crew (but not) but like the day-one patch, the launch crew should never return. They were implemented for those who supported the game in the first couple of months, to have it available now will cheapen it.

• @sgt-palooggoo I think some people should have it

• I have to agree that time sensitive items need to remain exclusive. Every time they undermine this it makes future “limited” items a joke. The comicon etc items would be the only exception. They were free handouts for a specific location event and should be open to all at some point.

Personally I would be livid if I had spent money getting the mercenary set only to see them launch it as a gold purchased item (or even a friends play free item).

• @sgt-palooggoo said in Bring back the Bottle Sniper Rifle!:

...These sort of incidents sadden me...

This does NOT sadden me. Rather it gives me a bit of pride knowing I have something that I got because I've been playing since the first month. To make it available again, even a variant, would cheapen it. In a game where cosmetics are the primary thing you acquire, having limited time cosmetics adds value to the cosmetics and encourages people to play the game. Bringing them back makes them not limited and destroys their value.

• Time limited is what it says , bring it back and it has no value.

• No. But maybe they should make a re skin of a new limited time EoR.

• Yea. Wouldn't mind a reskin but no way should you get the Launch Crew Eye of Reach, that's like demanding the Day 1 eye-patch without actually being here since day 1

• @sgt-palooggoo I've got this sniper rifle and I actually don't use it...I think it's a really neat rifle because of how it looks and it's different, but I prefer a different one that goes with my outfit. I don't think they should give it out again because it's an exclusive sniper rifle, sorry folks just my opinion... Happy sailing⛵🚣🏼⚓

• @sgt-palooggoo I'll advocate for this as soon as they make the Black Sea Dog cosmetics available to everyone. I do like that the view is green when scoped.

• Not the day one patch more launch crew eye of reach.
    I’m up for any other exclusive items being added but those two are a hundred percent no no for me.
    And my opinion will be the same for the anniversary items also.

• @sgt-palooggoo it's called "Launch Crew Eye of Reach"
    That should say all...you were not here on launch or you didn't buy it then? Especially in the first case you just don't deserve it then

Same with the "Day 1 Patch"...

• "No! It's mine! I had it 1st! You can't have it! Go use that 1 over there!"

An actual exact quote from 1 of my 5-year-old students today that perfectly represents how I feel about the OP's request...

• @galactic-geek He must have a launch crew eye of reach to then ;)

• @knifelife Well, that much was obvious. What's more obvious is how the OP wants 2 of them... 😅

• I would have to agree that the gun should be brought back but in a different type of “variant”. This should be done with other items in the game, unless the rare item is a “variant”.

• @zachthebeazt I want less variants and just more unique items. Retreads arent as interesting and the cosmetic trickle has been so very slow. Not everyone has to have the same items especially if they werent here. If you dont limit events then they lose value. I will just wait until the item comes back around in a few months. That's boring. They should just add in a big drop of permanent items soon as well as time limited stuff.

• @sgt-palooggoo You know I've been using that rifle for the past year I never realized it said launch crew on it until you mentioned it.

• @galactic-geek said in Bring back the Bottle Sniper Rifle!:

@knifelife Well, that much was obvious. What's more obvious is how the OP wants 2 of them... 😅

Can always use more!

• I personally don't mind recolored options, provided we also get a lot of unique variety among the items.

• I would throw the 3 variants of figureheads that were removed to the list of items i dont want back along with the LCEOR and Day-1 patch. Their lack of interest at the time made them a rare limited time item. I personally have 2 out of 3 of them and the ruffian seadog is one of my favorites in the game.

• As a beta player and day one player, i'm sorry but no. They may give away our Mercenary outfits, but they better not hand out our Launch Crew Eye of Reach or Day 1 Patches.

• I disagree, this should remain limited and not be brought back. If they start bringing back limited items then they need to do it for all exclusive items ie: obtained from watching streams, buying cookies, atrending real world events, etc..

• @starquest
    You do make a good point. I think it would be better if only a few items had multiple variants. They should still keep most rare items from coming back into the game.

• More unique items, much more.

No variants or retreads of past items. Time moves on.

Keep creating new items, both unique and mundane.

• yea and bring back the day 1 eye patch for all the players who have joined since! (insert eye roll)

Come on seriously?

• @zachthebeazt With unique skins in mind, imagine that if/when fishing gets added we could get either a sword-fish head to use as a sword or an entire fish! Wacky, yet unique.

• @tim-static said in Bring back the Bottle Sniper Rifle!:

yea and bring back the day 1 eye patch for all the players who have joined since! (insert eye roll)

Come on seriously?

I never said the Day one eyepatch or the Launch Crew EoR should be made available again.
    What I did say was add a new Bottle Sniper Rifle that's noticeably different from the launch crew EoR.

• @zachthebeazt Yeah, it's already a bit disappointing that all pirate legends get one outfit. While gold and royal purple is fine, what if my version of a pirate legend is more dark and menacing. Currently there just isnt many options for what's currently the highest rank. Same with athena, why not many different ghost sets or other things. The current ghost jacket doesnt even look menacing.

• @starquest plus, it doesn’t help that the clothes are so bright😂

• @derteenaimz said in Bring back the Bottle Sniper Rifle!:

I would throw the 3 variants of figureheads that were removed to the list of items i dont want back along with the LCEOR and Day-1 patch. Their lack of interest at the time made them a rare limited time item. I personally have 2 out of 3 of them and the ruffian seadog is one of my favorites in the game.

If I ever see you on the waves with that which I don't have, I'll jealously and mercilessly hunt you down like the ruffian sea dog you are! 😈

Seriously though, I'm still livid that they took them out at all. They were perfectly fine where they were.

• @sargent-sully said in Bring back the Bottle Sniper Rifle!:

As a beta player and day one player, i'm sorry but no. They may give away our Mercenary outfits, but they better not hand out our Launch Crew Eye of Reach or Day 1 Patches.

They could easily change the texture an create a "new" First Anniversary Eye of Reach. You can keep your Launch Crew EoR and people could get a bottle sniper rifle.

• I agree with your sentiment! This game is all about cosmetics, yet it still doesn't have many. I don't understand why they don't let you dye your clothes for example. That would be easy for them to make, and would create so much variation for the players!

I'm also a little upset about the pirate legend reward on the 20th. I've been playing this game sooo much but I'm still 6 levels away from legend (for both merchants and order or souls). It's frustrating because there is already such a lack of cosmetics in my opinion. And when they finally add new things, they are unavailable to me or tied to a specific DLC like Arena.

I think it's nice that the legends get something special, but why not just add a detail to their items? Like the "launch crew" that's on the sniper. I have the sniper, but I would be totally okay if other players got to buy it without the "launch crew" detail on it. That way, everyone gets to enjoy the cosmetics!

Views
3 out of 42