A legendary accomplishment

• Not long ago I read the story of @Straw-Hat-Blake and how he became a true Legend of the Sea of Thieves. I learned how he worked at taking down fleet after fleet by himself. At the time I had wild ambitions of taking down a skeleton fleet solo, but it involved a rowboat to be sneaky and a chest of sorrow. I never put that strategy into full swing though.

Eventually I had developed the bucket strategy. Slam into the side of their ship and bucket water from yours to theirs. Still very tricky when solo but effective. After mopping up a few left over captain ships and random spawns, I finally decided to see if I was up to the task and went to take on a full fleet.

Four attempts in the last week. Three sunken sloops. Three loads of treasure. And one flawless victory.

My first attempt was the battle for the shores of plenty. Everything was going great. I was on my final ship when I tried to raise my sails and the game glitched. Instead of grabbing the sails, I stopped and lost all control until the instant my ship sank. I finished up the captain ship from my rowboat and hauled the treasure off but I considered it a failed attempt because I sank.

My second try was in the devils roar. I miscalculated how much water was in my ship while trying to position myself against another, and I sank. By the time I returned with a new ship from the other side of the world, the final wave had been taken out by the volcano. No treasure. Total failure.

Attempt three took me back to the shores of plenty and this was my best. First wave was two sloops. However, before I sank either of them, a third spawned. Once those three were taken out, a single galleon spawned. He was easy to deal with. Finally the captain's galleon and a sloop spawned. Normally I would concentrate on the galleon first but always save the captain ship for last. After hitting them with a cannonball a piece, I started to bucket as much water onto them as fast as I could. Sloop first, then the skelleon. Once it chimed that it was sunk, I could let out a sigh of relief and I started to repair all my holes. This was the victory I was after. Every ship taken down solo without sinking. A true legendary feat.

The last attempt I made was in the devils roar again. I sank when the last two skelleons were up, but I managed to make it back to finish them off. The interesting part is the sinking captain ship launched my sloop into the air with me inside. I didn't land very far away but I flew very high. I saved a clip but it seems it hasn't had a chance to upload yet. Another failure in my eyes but I still got the treasure and got to take a nice flight.

I'm still working towards the 500 but I earned a personal accomplishment by soloing an entire fleet flawlessly. The kraken on a sloop is a breeze now. Megs are predictable and easily taken out if you have the supplies. Skeleton ships are the true challenge for a solo slooper. Taking out six consecutively is an act of a true Legend.

Views
  • This is awesome. I commend you in your truly legendary accomplishment!! People don’t realize how difficult it can be. It takes a certain level of tenacity to not just defeat the fleet, but to do it without going down! The “Skeleton Ship Challenge.” You’re a changed pirate after you pass haha. Congrats!!

Views
1 out of 2