Patch Notes Discussion 1.4.4

• Thanks for the update, I can't wait to earn those ship cosmetics !

• @shaetanno said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.4.4:

@piratecraggy said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.4.4:

@opticalmatrix said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.4.4:

Merchant Alliance Improvements

• Merchant Animal Payouts - The value of successfully handing in animal cargo has been significantly increased.
    • Cargo Run Payouts - The value of successfully handing in Cargo has been significantly increased.
    • Cargo Run Robustness - Cargo is much more robust and significantly easier to get to its destination in good condition
    • Cargo Run Sailing Distance  - The average delivery distance for Cargo Runs have been reduced, and are now a shorter sailing distance.

Wow there is so much in this... but to single out the above ... thankyou RARE.
    On the chase to Legend... I'm sure this is going to help a lot..

Wow, just did a cargo run, payout has DOUBLED for pristine goods, as well as increased rep payout.

You Sir are a Legend... that's the info I needed.... thankyou so much!!!!
    Going to make my struggle a little easier hopefully!

• Xbox one X download size is 6.13 gigs.
    Thanks for finally starting to fix a few of the stuck spots!
    Now we just need a complete combat system overhaul.

• @sshteeve said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.4.4:

@opticalmatrix said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.4.4:

@sshteeve Information is coming very soon on that front.

But does that mean Today? Tomorrow? A week from now?

Will we hear it here? Twitter? YouTube? Facebook? Joe Neate's personal blog on some random backwater website somewhere that only randomBob visits because it's hidden on the web somewhere??! :D

It's hard not to be frustrated when we have been teased with this since October matey...

They dont have a #SeaOfTease hashtag for nothing haha
    https://gph.is/1kY7SOX

• Awesome patch notes this week! Lots of great things in there. Can't wait to try out these new Mercenary Voyages!

• Hahahahahahahaha.

I have a saved gilded cargo run voyage.

• @d3adst1ck said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.4.4:

Hahahahahahahaha.

I have a saved gilded cargo run voyage.

Very clever mate.

• @monkeychow01 said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.4.4:

Ok have to ask the question. What if you don't have doubloons and have already done most of the achievements? How are you supposed to take part in these mercenary voyages when the only way to get the doubloons right now is to do achievements?

Play with friends, and let them spend their dubloons on your behalf. 😉

• @d3adst1ck i picture you saying this IRL out loud like a evil pirate :P
    https://gph.is/15xtZBJ

• @jangles87 It was pretty close.

• Yay my thoughts are cargo runs were heeded! (maybe) and they are viable once again!

I may even steal some rum from another pirate if the chance arises! It was kinda funny when you would go to a pick up and drop all the cargo off right next to him just to get the voyage off the wheel. You were sure to see another pile of abandoned cargo already there. It would be funny for the NPC dialogue to reflect so many failed "deliveries"

So many good changes and that new ship livery is SIIICCK!

• Knowing how competitive that Reaper's Run is going to be, I'm not even going to worry about the gold - I'm going to be doing a lot of dig and drops just to complete the legendary commendations to get the Reaper ship cosmetics - so keep your eyes open for random loot if you happen to be in the area. It's my gift to you (and will allow me time to sneak away while you get robbed by others)! Getting attacked? No problem - voyage complete! Getting sunk? No problem - voyage complete! Perma-black loading screen during the 5-dubloon cost, solo Reaper's Run? Son of a b....!

• Hit markers are still off. Watched XshumbaX kill a guy with zero hit markers with pistol shot underwater.

• @sprungnickel427 I think there are multiple problems with the hitmarkers and they only fixed one specific case, so I imagine they are still not very reliable.

• @mr-dragon-raaar

Gameplay Fix

Shipwreck Chests rewarded by Skeleton Ships or found emergently on beaches will now correctly count towards the Hoarder of Barnacled Gold commendation.

Think we were talking about this? GG.

• Excited about some of these updates, though super curious what combat is going to become with the fixed swordplay. Does anyone who has popped in yet know if it makes things better for people on console/controller?

• Guess those are the new and improved ghost sails ..lol

• @opticalmatrix

No piggie shall be safe after this update!
    Thanks for that huge list of fixes as well!

http://i.imgur.com/4jMKrJU.gif

• I'm glad to see Rare attempting to make the Merchant alliance more viable, but the main issue is that these missions aren't very enjoyable. Even with a doubled payout, Skull Forts still have them beat by a nice margin. Just Bone Dust and the Mega Barrel will net you 7-11k. And that's not even counting the other merchant loot you get from each stronghold.

It seems to me that fort loot needs some adjusting. Because in my experience it's about 60-70% merchant alliance items (in terms of turn in gold) almost every time. I don't see why Skull Forts wouldn't net a majority of Order of Souls... or even Gold Hoarders considering they're protecting their loot. But Merchant alliance somehow made it to the top here? Lolwut?

• @opticalmatrix Why is this update 4-5 GB? a ship skin, food barrels, and some fixes should not be this massive...

• I’d like to see cargo payouts dependent on the distance to destination with very long distances giving out big time payouts.

• Hi folks!

Sorry to be a pain, but can someone explain how "Reaper's Run of the Wanderer's Refuge" works? Is it just a case of putting on the flag and sailing the island? Or is there treasure to dig up? Or is it time-based for how long you survive with the flag up etc..?

I cant play till Friday, and it has me really curious. Thank you!

• @kaloudz a dit dans Patch Notes Discussion 1.4.4 :

Hi folks!

Sorry to be a pain, but can someone explain how "Reaper's Run of the Wanderer's Refuge" works? Is it just a case of putting on the flag and sailing the island? Or is there treasure to dig up? Or is it time-based for how long you survive with the flag up etc..?

Put your reaper flag (for the commendation), vote the voyage then you'll have plenty of captain chests to dig back and forth between Wanderer's Refuge and islands around (5 chapters).

• @jetorchidee97 said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.4.4:

@kaloudz a dit dans Patch Notes Discussion 1.4.4 :

Hi folks!

Put your reaper flag (for the commendation), vote the voyage then you'll have plenty of captain chests to dig back and forth between Wanderer's Refuge and islands around (5 chapters).

How many maps per chapter? I hope it doesn’t take as long as an Athena’s

• @cyberguardian77 a dit dans Patch Notes Discussion 1.4.4 :

@jetorchidee97 said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.4.4:

@kaloudz a dit dans Patch Notes Discussion 1.4.4 :

Hi folks!

How many maps per chapter? I hope it doesn’t take as long as an Athena’s

I think it's 1 map per chapter, alternating between X maps and Riddles.

• @betsill said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.4.4:

@opticalmatrix Why is this update 4-5 GB? a ship skin, food barrels, and some fixes should not be this massive...

Could possibly be more there then meets the eye.. Or perhaps other stuff thats going to be added already installed for future updates to make them not as big.. This is rare after all. Lol

• Fantastic patch! Really excited to dive in as soon as I'm updated!

• Any word on the Opt-In for Pioneers?

I'd love our crewmate to join us.

• Hey guys, can some one please confirm this issue?

Yesterday, prior to today's v1.4.4 patch, cursed cannon balls were glitching for me.

With no ball loaded on the cannon:

1. Use cannon;
    2. Select a cursed cannonball from the radial menu (when using the cannon);
    3. The "Load type of cursed cannonball" message appears;
    4. Load it;
    5. After loading the cursed cannonball, message "Unload cannonball" appears and if you fire the cannon, a normal cannonball is fired;
    6. The "Load type of cursed cannonball" message appears again;
    7. Load it;
    8. Cursed cannonball is FINALLY loaded and can be fired.

Still haven't played the game today with the new patch. Has some one else had this issue and can confirm it? If so, was it fixed with the today's patch?

• @juggalosmokez said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.4.4:

@betsill said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.4.4:

@opticalmatrix Why is this update 4-5 GB? a ship skin, food barrels, and some fixes should not be this massive...

Could possibly be more there then meets the eye.. Or perhaps other stuff thats going to be added already installed for future updates to make them not as big.. This is rare after all. Lol

Exactly this. They use feature flags to enable/disable content. The build that they have deployed can have much more in it than what is enabled.

• @d3adst1ck Haha, playing the long game! I held my Gilded Athena's until last week when no one was looking.

I like that new hull. I like it a lot.

It will be mine...

• the cosmetics for completing the legendary voyage look awesome

• Floating Treasure - Significantly increased time loot floats for at the water surface before it begins to sink.

I don't like this. Nothing needed to be changed here except for loot floating in the Kraken Ink.

More specifically... All items except the following should have the default timer which was roughly 5m.

Pig Crate (10m)
    Chicken Coop (10m)
    Snake Basket (10m)
    Gunpowder (15m)

Any item in the Kraken Ink should not have its timer start until the ink clears.

• why are these Merc quests limited only to buried chests. why can't we dig up skulls merchant items, gems, Athena's and stronghold items. how about a new chest type. so sad.. . come on rare... where is the innovation... the creativity.. just reskinning and renaming quests that already exist in game isn't new content.... if this is a snip it of arena coming. I'm going to so disappointed....

Views
1 out of 147