Patch Notes Discussion 1.4.4

• Nice update! I love it the new changes

• @disabledsh00ter Yes, I saw this in the dev update. I think they are already making changes, as the forum login is having issues and they are migrating Pioneers into the Insider Programme.

I just checked my account and it no longer shows the Insider Programme status either, they are definitely making changes.

• Reproducability for black screen: it seems that when I go into a loading screen and then I alt-tab and open or close OBS Studio (latest version, and it also opens/closes my USB connected webcam) it triggers the extended black screen.
    Figured I'd comment this just in case it helps figure this bug out.

• @friedwilly Mine doesn't say that either......man....so will we have the option to join again you think?

• @drunn1974 this is weird....but it still says that on here....i'm a bit confused lol

• @drunn1974 My guess is that it was removed for a new function that will force all users to re-enroll in the Insider Programme, even though your profile says you are still and Insider.

• @friedwilly i guess it's getting close to the 12th so maybe changes are trickilng through a bit

• Good evening, basically my coworkers and I have heard that one of the updates won't let you continuously sword swing, like after you lunge you get stuck and cant swing. I went through the effort of getting on this forum for the first time and signing up to tell you that this is 20/10 and terrible idea. Please do not do this. It's hard enough to make them choose sea of thieves over appex now as it is, but this is legit making them not want to play. I love sea of thieves because it's super chill and we all just hang out. This is starting to turn them off of the game. The sword play as it was originally was good enough. If anything, it would actually be nicer for continuous swings without any pause. But I just wanted to throw in my two cents

• @opticalmatrix Thanks for keeping us informed and the consistent improvements!

You can check out our thoughts here:

• My crew and I experienced where our game chat quit working after jumping into Party chat and jumping back into game chat. In an earlier server my game chat worked fine but once I was invited to a party, joined another server, then jumped into game chat, I no longer received the chat indicator icon and my crew could not hear me. My settings were not changed inbetween server changes with the new crew and my hardware worked fine in Party chat. Is anyone else seeing this? Is this a bug when jumping back and forth between party chat and game chat?

• Until they give gold an actual use so that you aren't just hoarding it, these kinds of missions are going to just be doubloon chases where most people will just ignore the chests until they have it done. That's what I'm doing, because otherwise it just takes way too long.

• Here are a few issues that are still in-game:

• Infinite Music from Grog Chest still an issue (even after turn-in)
    • Eye of Reach Sniper Rifle - scoped animation after shooting still see through (graphic missing)
    • I've noticed a few times now of treasure is clipped into the ground and not retrievable (example: at an outpost, a skelly stronghold chest was stuck on the beach and could not pick up, the spine of the chest was visible and moving up and down like it was in the water??)
    • Treasure is EXTREMELY bright in water when group 3+ more together (kinda blinding - maybe this is intended)
    • Skelly ships if stuck on an island do not un-spawn which causes extreme snapping into the sky and back to the ground where they are stuck over and over. (funny)
    • Looking out the captains quarters window on the galleon while in fog removes the fog completely giving an advantage during a chase
    • Holding Right Click, then left clicking to place a piece of wood over a hole removes the sound of wood being patched up
    • Sword Lunge - When the user does the sword lunge, you can not interact with anything (grab onto a boat's ladder, etc..) until the lunge is fully completed. [ANNOYING]
    • GAME CRASH - Before getting on the ladder to go to the crow's nest, there is a game crashing bug that happens every time with a set of key presses / combination of events. [don't remember off the top of my head the exact way to cause it but had something to due with looking at the hull and ladder at the same time and trying to climb the ladder crashes the game]
  • @goedecke-michel said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.4.4:

I'm seriously wondering who's going to enjoy these new Mercenary Voyages. Everybody drives the same mission, at staggered times, on the same paths, so they have to meet each other. After several hours of fighting yesterday without making much progress, we decided to progress by continuously ignoring and dying. We have only found chests, not salvaged them. We didn't care about attackers from then on, time was too short for us.

Such a fun. Not.

I loved it. Made an alliance with 4 ships we all did the quest together and turned in like 100 captains chests....

• Sword combat is clunky and terrible now.

Edit:

I should elaborate. I liked the patch notes and there are a lot of things fixed that needed work, but Rare, if it ain't broke, don't "fix" it.

The missed swing penalty on the cutlass is ridiculously long. And aiming down to hit the ground on a miss is a dumb workaround and shouldn't be a tactic. Make a penalty yes but let the combat flow still. The delay on the swing and the block seems ludicrous to me now and I used to LOVE sword play. I know you're trying to make it more strategic and intentional but when you're outnumbered you have no chance at all now because of the stagger when microseconds count.

And I really don't know why the banana barrel was moved on the sloop or why we need two of them. One barrel literally holds over a thousand bananas.

I thought with Arena coming it would mean you wanted the combat faster and more fluid. This seems like a step backwards.

• @xcalypt0x Agree

• @m1sterpunch said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.4.4:

Sword combat is clunky and terrible now.

THIS. It is unbelievably bad now. It makes pirate forts and even general combat a nightmare. One miss and you're sitting there for an enormous amount of time unable to do anything while you get torn apart by skeletons.

I have no idea why they felt the need to nerf swords even harder, the massive wait between swings was already too high, now with the absolute loss of control after a missed swing, it is unbearable.

Previously easily defeated skeletons are now very menacing, it makes it extremely challenging compared to before.

PLEASE roll this back.

• The new sword delay absolutely sucks. It's a giant step backwards from the "fluid combat" they were supposedly striving towards. I thought they had it about right with the previous update. I can't for the life of me imagine who thought this was a good idea. Seriously, don't they test this stuff? Ugh! Please make it the way it was.

• The Reaper's Run has been a mixed bag for me so far. My other half and I had a great run the morning of the release. A brigantine tried to badger us but we kept sinking them until they went away. We ultimately finished the voyage and had a lot of fun without too much trouble.

The next run was just the opposite. I had my whole crew with me on a brigantine, and it was just the most frustrating night. Ships were camping near Wanderer's Refuge, waiting to swoop in and give players grief. It wasn't about the treasure because they didn't even wait for us to dig anything up. All they were doing was stopping others from doing the voyages.

We were off our game and couldn't make any headway. At one point we tried to communicate with another ship doing the voyage, but they attacked like everyone else. It's senseless because it takes us all far longer to complete the voyage that way. But okay...whatever. We wasted so much time on all the empty PvP that we had no choice but to quit without completing the voyage. What a waste.

The other mercenary voyages are simple enough and fairly enjoyable, like mini Athena quests. We focused on those tonight and had a good time. No complaints there.

Not too sure about the Reaper's Run, though.

EDIT: I did a Reaper's Run solo this morning and it went pretty well. I had to evade a brigantine, sink a skellie ship and kill a kraken...all of which slowed me down a bit. I had intended to just "tap and go" but decided to horde all the loot after all. Hey, I'm a pirate. There was a galleon prowling around Golden Sands, but I threw them off my trail and they never became an issue. (I'd tell you how, but then I'd have to shoot you.) Eventually I completed my voyage and turned in almost all my loot. Not bad at all.

• Devs still didn't fix the sword spamming gameplay that has become the meta of swordplay. The attack speed penalty but not movement is usless as you can just look downwards and hit you ship to keep the attack speed penalty from happening. The movement penalty for missing needs to come back it wasn't broke it didn't need fixing. You guys took steps backwards in gameplay not forwards.

• My buddies are complaining about the ampljfed noise from skull treasure. We actually quit after the merchant sails quest due to this. He couldnt take the wispy noise coming from them any long while on the ship.

I know the thought is to make it easier to find treasure, but could we cut the sound down when on the ship?

We are essentially going to stop doing skull missions because of this.

• @pk-r0ckin Put them further away from you and the crew, crows nest them.

• @drunn1974 That's actually what I was wondering, since it looks like /insider still redirects to the home page.

• Dear Neate, please give pirate legends who reach the level before the 20th, Pet ghost chickens with a peg leg and eyepatch -sincerely, all of us.

• Its fine for those with their flags raised and the intention of fighting each other but for those of us just trying to do the mixed voyages its just inspiring alot of griefing...

• you can still move freely after a sword miss. So take that time to run. I think the sword delay on miss was needed to punish spamming sword attack over and over.

• Does anyone know how long we have to earn the Wandering Reaper Ship Cosmetics? What is the cutoff date?

• @zombie-the-fett i think 20.03. the next update is comming on this day

• @archie-medes-x There is no confirmed update on that date. That is when they are announcing details of what is in the mega update but they have not confirmed that any update is coming on that (or any other) date.

• A Skelelton Ship Despawned when it got stuck in our ship and didn’t give loot or add to the Legend of the Sea of Thieves commendation

• @atomicdane said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.4.4:

A Skelelton Ship Despawned when it got stuck in our ship and didn’t give loot or add to the Legend of the Sea of Thieves commendation

You have to at least hit a cannon shot for it to count.

• I've completed five Wanderer's Refuge Reaper voyages sporting the Reaper's flag (yes, it was up from putting down the voyage, voting up to completing it - two I put up myself, three were put up by crewmates, including the sole one that counted for me) since the patch, and only one has counted for me. Still at 1/5. :(

It's hard enough to do these, and then they usually don't count. It's frustrating as heck!

Can we please get credit for these added so we can buy the time-limited cosmetics? I doubt I'll find the time to finish four voyages in the next week to get them still!

• @cave-waverider said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.4.4:

I've completed five Wanderer's Refuge Reaper voyages sporting the Reaper's flag since the patch, and only one has counted. Still at 1/5. :(

Ahww that is terrible, Have you made sure the flag was up before you turned on the voyage (voted for it). If you activate the voyage and then put up the flag it does not count.

It's hard enough to do these, and then they usually don't count. It's frustrating as heck!

Maybe this helps.

Cheers,
    Tango

• @cave-waverider I have same issue flag was up before each vote but still 1 out of 5 not happy waste of doubloons

• There still seems to be an issue with game chat. What I have noticed is if you have a party chat going and you move over to game chat to talk with other players many times game chat is broken and does not work. This is happening in retail and insider. It isn't happening 100% of the time but more times than not. If we have a crew of 4 at least 1 member cant use game chat.

• @d3adst1ck said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.4.4:

@archie-medes-x There is no confirmed update on that date. That is when they are announcing details of what is in the mega update but they have not confirmed that any update is coming on that (or any other) date.

There is actually. Joe Neate mentioned there would be a small
    Update on 3/20/19 as well as additional information on the last developer update video on the 13th.

Views
135 out of 147