COMBAT needs to be fixed before arena

1. Fix the swords
      Swords should never stun lock other players, nor get them in a vortex of death they can’t escape from.

2. Fix the blocking
      The blocking dose not work with the sword. If your hit by multiple people all hits go through, or the enemy can jump and in doing so, pass the block completely, by hitting your head.

3. Hit registration
      This is by far the most prominent issue here. Perfect shots missing, and shots that should have missed hit. Hell I’ve even been killed by sword swings in front of a player while I was behind them.

These things and many more I’m sure I haven’t touched on, need to be addressed ASP before the launch of arena. There is just no way they can be ignored.

Forgot to mention I play on xbox.

(Update as of March 6th 2019)
    Blocking still dose not work properly, characters locking up apon sword hit is still at large. New gun delay seems more like a glitch, than an improvement. Extrodanrly large loading times from the ferry of the damned, whilst crew is in combat, is still a thing. In addition the hotkeys barely work, requiring several clicks on controller to bring the item out. (No this has nothing to do with my controller.)

Views
    competition
  • @unyieldingred this is getting fixed today mate

• Until finally a decent topic that does not ask for easier difficulty, or PVE servers, submarines and things like ...

Rare needs to focus more on fixing things that impact on the gameplay rather than on reducing difficulty for a lot of people who are crying because the game is difficult on the forum.

• @closinghare208 @UnyieldingRed
    If by fixed you mean adjustments are being made to the sword attack/block, then yes... We'll just have to wait and see if it actually fixed.

However, hit registration has been a problem since release and my guess is that it will probably never be fixed unless they completely rewrite the code for how it works.

Spawns also need fixed. Spawning in already dead is still a problem.

All the PVP problems are just going to be magnified once Arena comes out. Sometimes I get the impression that no one at Rare had any experience with PVP and they just made it up as they went along designing it so that it works great on a closed network but can't handle the reality of lag/latency that is always present in online gaming.

• I also agree that combat needs to be reworked. But what bothers me most is ship combat and how cannonballs move with your ship.

• @unyieldingred said in COMBAT needs to be fixed before arena:

1. Fix the swords
      Swords should never stun lock other players, nor get them in a vortex of death they can’t escape from.

It's a 3 hit combo and it takes 5 hits to kill, if you die, it's because you was out skilled

1. Fix the blocking
      The blocking dose not work with the sword. If your hit by multiple people all hits go through, or the enemy can jump and in doing so, pass the block completely, by hitting your head.

Patch notes today says it is.

1. Hit registration
      This is by far the most prominent issue here. Perfect shots missing, and shots that should have missed hit. Hell I’ve even been killed by sword swings in front of a player while I was behind them.

Patch notes today says it is, but lag can also factor into false hit readings.

These things and many more I’m sure I haven’t touched on, need to be addressed ASP before the launch of arena. There is just no way they can be ignored.

They're not

• @zormis said in COMBAT needs to be fixed before arena:

@unyieldingred said in COMBAT needs to be fixed before arena:

1. Fix the swords

It's a 3 hit combo and it takes 5 hits to kill, if you die, it's because you was out skilled

1. Fix the blocking

Patch notes today says it is.

1. Hit registration

Patch notes today says it is, but lag can also factor into false hit readings.

They're not

Pretty much answered everything, Lock this thread please :P haha

• @Zormis I have to disagree on the "outskilled" thing. I consider myself a prominent PVP'er and I noticed a change from the last update. Usually a sword swing or two I can jump out of the way after the second slash whilst turning around to deliver a slash or two myself. But now it seems as soon as I get hit by a sword my character can't make any linear movements for a few seconds (almost like the wait time after doing a sword lunge) I can swing around with the camera but I can't move out of the way and well blocking does heck all ATM. I had to shift my strategy to getting a solid hit with the pistol or blunderbuss before engaging in swordplay immediately after the gunshot.

• @darthmaxor1991 I'm not trying to discredit your skill, but I haven't experienced any problems in sword fighting. You have a chance to recover in a 3 hit combo, you either retaliate or you run off and heal. I pvp a lot and the sword is my first weapon of choice, if someone stun locks me I recover unless I am not at full health, which is a fair kill.

• @unyieldingred

Ahoy there, Rare are currently in the process of reworking combat, you're able to hear what Joe has said about this process in the recent Dev Update videos as well as have a read of this post by Mike. Basically after fixing the double gun issue they're introducing other tweaks little by little and then monitoring the effect and feedback. Blocking and hit registration is definitely something which has been mentioned frequently as well by the community, as being a problem.

It's certainly going to help the dev team if the issues you mention are reported via Support each time you encounter them, this will raise the priority and let them know it's not an isolated incident.

https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/80556/combat-balancing-changes

• @little-squash the block of the cutlass has been fixed but aiming from one gun still sometimes don't work and if you have ocd because of spelling I'm sorry but pirates can't spell

• @zormis beforehand I had a chance to escape. Now it's as soon as I get hit my character locks up. Some of my regular crew have noticed it as well.

Views
competition
11 out of 12