Celebrate Ongoing Player Immortalisations in Sea of Thieves

• Ahoy lovely forumites!

As Rare still don't care about their forum community, here is the little game they shared on Twitter for this celebration week:

Sadly, the forum is not the place to try to win the codes but don't hesitate to share your pictures in this thread and your love for the forum community :)

monday

tuesday

wednesday

thursday

friday

Let's celebrate the arrival of this anniversary on the forum too!

Views
  • @skulliah I agree, the abandonment by Rare for their official forum is quite sad to see. I realize you can get a larger audience through other social media sources, but I don't subscribe to most of them. You would think they would make a better effort to try and centralize all of that here on the official forums.

I did see that contest thanks to a friend sharing it with me. It looks like a fun little side bar adventure.

• @nofears-fun Especially since the Forum was the place where it began and shouldn't be so much forgotten in this celebration!

• Cosmetic codes of what

• @skulliah Saw it earlier but thanks for sharing it here as well!

• @nofears-fun said in Celebrate Ongoing Player Immortalisations in Sea of Thieves:

@skulliah I agree, the abandonment by Rare for their official forum is quite sad to see. I realize you can get a larger audience through other social media sources, but I don't subscribe to most of them. You would think they would make a better effort to try and centralize all of that here on the official forums.

I did see that contest thanks to a friend sharing it with me. It looks like a fun little side bar adventure.

It is not just Rare that is guilty of this, many other companies have done this same thing. I had many times chided Harmonix for similar behavior, posting things on Reddit or social media instead of their official forums. I also hate that the Xbox insiders have now gone to that cess-pool of Reddit for their forum instead of the ones they had at Xbox.com which were perfectly fine (and where the majority of people would look for that information to begin with). Since the Insider program changed to Reddit, it seems that traffic and posts there have dropped off significantly.

A company with a web site and forum should be using those as the first means of communication with the public; Reddit, Twitter and Facebook should be supplementary to that.

• This reminds me, the player monuments in game, have been kinda weird post launch. It'd be one thing if they were honoring dedicated players and in game accomplishments, as well as adding silly stuff, but its been 95% silly stuff.

• @tre-oni said in Celebrate Ongoing Player Immortalisations in Sea of Thieves:

Cosmetic codes of what

Probably the Obsidian 6 pack.
    alt text

• @skulliah Mate I’ve been complaining about there abandonment for months and months now, then I realised who am I complaining to!!! They abandoned us 😂

#UnFerryTheForums!

Also when they say player immortal-however you spell it, do they mean new Easter eggs or already known ones? I’m confused..

• So, here's mine for the picture perfect :D

• Agree 100%! Everyone that posts at least one thing or reads these forums should as well. The abandonment by Rare for their official forums is more than quite sad. It is a major snub at the SoT community at large. It is not acceptable and should not be tolerated.

Not because I do not use social media for all the right reasons and never will. It is because this is the birthplace and home of the game. Rare deserves to constantly be called out for not appropriately using the medium of their own game’s forums to interact with the SoT community. This should be the first place of any interaction and information shared by them. They are too busy showing their "face" on social media to care it seems.

Guess mates we celebrate here without them.

• @skulliah @Skulliah Maybe we should make a separate thread about it so members new and old can share there experiences and wishes.

I for one have stories from when they was around and active and engaged to compare to what we have now.

However, a few threads have attempted it in the past and nothing has ever really come from it. :(

• @knifelife I have already thought about it several times but a few Boatswains and others have tried and well yeah there was no answer. If the forum is abandonned, I guess they won't see it 😅

All the employees who participated on the forum have left Rare in the recent months unfortunately, I'll miss Christina :(

• Here's mine if anyone is interested:
    alt text
    (Mr. Palooggoo and "Picture Perfect")

I wonder how many codes they'll be handing out?

• @sardukar1234

Content?

• alt text

• Click here for my GIF submission

• Time is now up....

I wonder where the next one will be?!?!

• @musicmee Indeed! Maybe the next one will be 3 lil monkeys or a pew pew poster... haha

And for those who are wondering who are these 4 pirates on the picture:

EDIT: Never mind, the next one is live and I edited the original post with it! :D

• @skulliah Aye but it's on Instagram I believe, which I don't have, and it's the @SayHeyRocco mural on Chicken Island that was added a few weeks back, so it's pretty recent :D

Edit: They posted it on Twitter as well so here I go!

• @skulliah this is sad to see aye agree but I hope I get a immortalisation mate

• I don't believe this is as much an abandonment of the forums by Rare, as much as them using a "social media poster/scheduler."

What you probably have is a service such as Loomly being used by Rare to make sure as much as easily possible, you post content that will reach people on multiple outlets. Since the forums are a customized impelementation of nodebb, such services can't also post on the forums.

I believe Rare does check the forums, but I agree, it is more common to see them reply on twitter or reddit than here, and that is disheartening.
    With the microsoft login integration, your discussion is as the player you will find on the seas.
    That is amazing! You can "read up" on many people and meet out on the seas. No mapping a character to a user on a note pad by your controller.

I will participate in some reddit discussions, barely ever on facebook except to tag people, never twitter. Maybe that's just backwards to some people.
    I understand why they post there, so it reaches people that wouldn't come check a forum.
    But I don't understand why the devs choose to post out there more.

So anyways back to the topic at hand, I kind of don't want to participate because they haven't announced what the cosmetics winners will win.
    Not that I am picky, but the only DLC I don't have is the midnight blunderbuss and that mercenary pack which is just black dog anyways. I would hate to win an obsidian 6 or ferryman or something and already have it, instead of someone else who would love it.

• Here's mine for the Cat & Chicken :D

• Presenting one of the worst photos in SoT history:
    alt text

Really messed up on this one, the pizza had just arrived when I took this so I didn't have time to take another.

• @sgt-palooggoo

Pizza takes precedence over anything!

https://giphy.com/gifs/pizza-the-little-mermaid-ariel-wqHXbOcynM7Oo

• tbf, alot more people follow rare on twitter then use these forums. Pretty sure anyone posting here is a hardcore fan and likely also follows them on twitter.

Still wouldn't hurt to post to the forums too I guess, but I can see why they prefer to use twitter.

• @mr-dragon-raaar said in Celebrate Ongoing Player Immortalisations in Sea of Thieves:

Capt. Dragon Raaar and "Cat amongst the ... chickens"

Capt. Dragon Raaar and "Cat amongst the ... chickens"

Ah-ha! Now I know what you were doing!!!
    I'm off stage left looking at a cannon ball crate :)

• So the chicken rave was on Chicken Isle and I edited the original post for the new easter egg to find :D

• @iduskk said in Celebrate Ongoing Player Immortalisations in Sea of Thieves:

Pretty sure anyone posting here is a hardcore fan and likely also follows them on twitter.

No! Never!

Unclean!! Unclean!!

• After a few Mercenary Voyages and stealing some shinies, it was time to take this picture for one of today's immortalisation :D

• ssssss.... for today's immortalisation!

• @skulliah I'm SsssssssSSsssssSSSsshure I have seen this one before!

• @musicmee @Skulliah
    Of all the Easter eggs they had to pick that one!! 😂

Don’t worry I got this...

• Aye! Here's mine. Had to take it quick because there were 2 unfriendly brigantines there!

alt text

• @knifelife I'm SSsSsSsurprised he hasn't popped by yet!

Views
1 out of 47