Noobology guide to yer-pirate-way

• At first, i thougth this game missed some content, and a way to play by myself. Youtubers and Twitchers alike all said that SoT had the most amazing community of players, but my very first run - and actually a lot more after - was like Sea of Fortnite.

Posting something here and there, to get the grief over the overcoming feel of having spent a bunch of money for a beta testing software, I found precious advices from decent people, and in no-time my gameplay level raised.

Long story short, what REALLY is missing in-game is a "cool it, noob" guide, to answer the most common unanswered simple question: "what a pirate would do, if it where me?" Be wise, read beneath the words, not the opposite sentence. First rule to master them all: this is a roleplay game, ACTING, in bone,flesh and mind, as the pirate you would like to be is the way to gain the trust of even those bloodthirsty PvPers, and have fun, as to die means nothing to the progression made and treasures spam everywhere.

Couldn't be more clear than with an exemple: today things led to things, and skellys sunken my sloop near their Fort, not far from Plunder Outpost. Swimming and hiding from a shark in the shipwreck of the Wrath of Ares, i jumped over a skellys watchtower. Late night, a galleon approached slowly with sails set. From my position, i saw skellys getting (very slowly, imho) the tower cannon ready. Flashed my lanter like there was no tomorrow to warn them, but this crazy people on the galleon kept nearing their fate. And so i saw the powder barrel, lit it, and bumped into the cannon-crew skellys as skellys do. Would have seen the boom from the galleon! I accomplished nothing, but SoT is not SoFamilyPicNic, SoApex, SoFarmville and so on. It's a sandbox experience in which you have fun only unleashing your pirate way, ACTING as you really intend a pirate to be, with the tools given and a world of possibilities.

Devs should have written in-game books, diaries, messages and so on from the common knoweledge of expert players, maybe already being PLs, as tips for the newbies. Something you can find while searching outposts for supplies, to let them know the stories of the SoT pirates community beforehand, as inspiration to their deeds.

This is what the game is really missing to attract and keep people glued, with the will to be part of something and not only a lone sea wolf.

My opinion. Yet, a parrot would also do the trick! :-)

Views
1 out of 1