piracys a crime, and crime doesnt pay

• Ello all. I am of the super rarest breeds of pirates; the benevolent pirate. I only sail solo being that I have no mic and no friends who play SoT. I don't see that ever changing but I am totally fine with that. Been playing for around a month and a half and I do believe that ill be playing for quite some time (=

This game has proven to me to be all sorts of fun. I enjoy the fact that I have to ALWAYS be on the lookout for other ships, as annoying as that is. Anywhos, that's my two cents of information that nobody asked for but I wanted to share anyway.

btw: if you see the name "asstnt2regmngr" on these seas, have no fear. For he is but a humble pirate, and wants to cause no harm. But if you show that you are hostile, he will show himself be gone =p

Views
  • @asstnt2regmngr
    Hello Sir .... i can't even start to copy such a hard gamertag... ( * Don't worry , sir , he's just a moron)...You play purely solo and you already love the game ...My my , imagine what this will give to you if you dive on one day into a Galleon or Brigantina , if you find the Pirates where you feel a connection with , then a whole new dimension of SOT will open up for you.

Nothing can beat the comaraderie of crewmates , on the condition that they aren't trollers of course , but really , you should try to go for a random or one of those looking for Group announcements on the Xbox Clubs or....Why don't you make an announcement of your own where you set the terms to wich kind of Pirate you want to meet?...

Maybe you are a bit like me , when i started here , a bit holding back but if i have learned one thing about SOT is that it will only completely open up to you ,if yourself is opening up to the game and it's players as well...

Oh, i'm more than aware that sometimes it will be a dud , since there can be a few Trolls or people that don't want to communicate , but if you act a bit like me and keep talking to them , even for long minutes , than half of them will grab the microphone in order to start a conversation with you...

The world is for people who dare ....What was that old SAS saying again? " Who dares win"? Go for it , Sir ...Throw yourself amongst us and become amazed how many Gems of personalities you will uncover...

• could not agree more with Captain C.George here.
    Give it a try, now that you can perfectly handle and maneuver your ship and join a bigger ship, even randomly. You WILL (I promise it) meet new and great people, and if you fit in, you can form friendships and sail again together.
    SoT is a whole different experience that way :D

We welcome you with open arms (Ok, watch out for my hook maybe) :D

• I personally play passive aggressive, I will roam about and do my thing and alliance or make friends with anyone, but the second you show hostile intentions it’s on!! 😂

• @asstnt2regmngr Who stealing from pirates is a crime XD

• piracy is a crime and it pays very well. :)

• Glad your having fun solo because i know it’s tough!

Some people just cannot use mics. Like myself i play in a house full of people in bed when i play. Have tried to play woth others many a time but so far only managed to find a decent player twice in about 30 attempts

For instance last night i joined a duo sloop, found the guy in the tavern. said hello, he shows an athena to me then just messed around looking at stores and just running around. So i gather boards, bananas etc and fill the ship. Then i wait , and wait ... 15 mins later i give up

Sharp reminder why mostly solo myself

However, new job means get to play evenings with mike so might see ya around !

• I definitely enjoy a wide range of playstyles in this game... but, if I'm being honest, I spend a ton of time (likely the majority) sailing solo. And I do love it.

Early on, I decided solo play was the best way for me to learn, hands-on, and be a greater crewman and pirate for full crew shenanigans, and I definitely believe that worked out for me. However, as much as I love playing with full crews, and sailing the galleon, there is that element of the hermit now having to deal with a crowd of other people with their own ("stupid, annoying, inefficient, not-as-good...") ways of doing things, LOL. =)

One day, I'll find the right crew... but solo sailing will always be a special enjoyment for me.

Still, there are other pirates out there who are fine with a crewman that doesn't use a mic (not everyone, but I've played with my fair share and know of a few more that welcome any such player as well) - in case you ever want to explore that side of things (definitely worth exploring, in my opinion - and I used to claim I preferred that type of play, as well... currently, I'm just resigned to the fact that I've been doing some late-night soloing and enjoying myself with it again).

Views
1 out of 8