Best place to drop an Athena Voyage

• Hello, as title says, does anyone have a preferred location to put an athena Voyage down to get good Islands.
    Just a thought I had. I've tried crescent Isle a few times which has been OK. Any ideas would be grand, ta

Views
  • @methetron-mkii

Personally, I'm really enjoying Devil's Roar at the moment, I realise this isn't going to be many pirates first choice, but it tends to feel less populated and I love the challenge!

• @katttruewalker yeah I'm one who is not a fan of Devil's Roar, thanks for insight though. I play with a few people who love it I may add. I think it's like marmite

• Devils Roar is the only way - 50% xp boost AND much less sailing makes it far less a grind, let alone the free skeleton kills from geysers and smaller islands for treasures and riddles... even if you have to sail away a couple times during eruptions.

• Does it matter where you are when you drop a voyage? I thought its just random

• This question has often puzzled me to some degree.

For regular Athena Voyages:
    I tend to find if i pick up an Athena voyage and use it at the outpost i got it from i'll usually be spaced around 2-3 regions of the map.
    Whereas if i pick up an Athena from say Daggertooth but drop it at say Ancient Spire in majority of cases like 96.5% (ish) it will spawn for isles in only 2 regions the one i happen to be in and another always adjacent to it diagonals included.

Also as a small side note i have found dropping an Athena voyage whilst out at sea in any region gives me a better set of smaller isles to work with. Dropping them at outposts don't seem to give as good a results for me, Ashen or Regular.

Now this is not foolproof and can often at times have me go from the NE to SW of the seas (darn diagonal connecting regions) but it is my prefered method of deploying them.

Ashen Athena Voyages:
    Albeit in truth the Devil's Roar is a much better time even as solo slooper i find with a little caution it's far more efficient.

Edit: This of course is all my findings and should not be taken as gospel, in truth it could all be a matter of RNG and it probably is.

• In my pocket ;)

• @clumsy-george Next time i feel like gifting away an Athena chest i'll holla fellow Pirate

• devils roar for sure- so much more money and such a smaller space so its quicker and more profitable.

• Devils roar if you know how to survive in there due to the increased REP-rates.

If you want to be on the "normal" side i recommend jumping servers until you spawn on Golden Sands or even Sanctuary but that's my 2nd choice.

Views
1 out of 10