Sea of Thieves API For Developers

• Hello! I Started, for hobby, to write on JavaScript (already learned a bit on school), in order to create small Discord Bots for fun and for my community.
    So my question is: Is there a possibility that you will introduce a Sea of Thieves API? (There is an Xbox API but it can be used only with Microsoft Apps with the Pro License of WIndows, and only the achivement of xbox can be registered).

For exemple, the possibility to see the statistics, levels, in-game factions achivements, and above all, now that you will introduce The Arena, with and PvP Mode, there can be implemented some kind of statistics, that for exemple can be seen directly from a Discord Bot, or other programs. This can be so funny for Developers who likes Sea of Thieves, and helpful to Improve the SoT Communities in the various platforms.

Thank you for consideration and Good Game Pirates!! :)
    (I 'm almost sure that there wasn't an other thread about this, i think)

Views
  • @romans96 On the whole, most people seem to think that such statistical comparisons would poison the game. They are all the same, says the Codex. Alas.

• @goedecke-michel it has no sense with my idea. What's wrong in to see the own statistics by his favourite platform. And the poison for this game are the useless heaters and the cheaters.
    But ok, it was only an idea to improve the communities, the opposite of the "poison idea".

• @romans96 said in Sea of Thieves API For Developers:

@goedecke-michel it has no sense with my idea. What's wrong in to see the own statistics by his favourite platform. And the poison for this game are the useless heaters and the cheaters.
    But ok, it was only an idea to improve the communities, the opposite of the "poison idea".

It harms the solo player who wants to solo Q into a group. Ships will all become closed and it will become some kind of ridiculous PST, pirate legend achievement to join preform crew.

The game will develop into having an official "meta", and worse a large majority of the community will be turned off by the toxicity and then quit permanently.

Just so you're aware I have been down that development path long ago.

Views
1 out of 4