Merchant lost

Hey all, had a question. I solo at times and today i had 7 chickens. As i left the outpost a kraken spawned and sunk my vessel. Ofcouse the ship sank and i lost all the chicken crates. I wish we could just go back the merchant gal and pick up more crates. What do you do in these situations? Thanks for any input.

Cancel voyage and start new one then pick up crates and buy new voyage.

Keep canceling and pickung up crates until you get a new good voyage with 7 chickens :)

Wish we could just buy empty crates..

@richiearizona Hi.

Well, there is not really that much you can do if that happens.
    The way I see it you have two options. You either cancel your current voyage and start a new one or you try to finish your initial voyage.
    If you need it I could help you if you don't know how to cancel a voyage.
    If you are determined to finish it you have to sail to a lot of islands and hope that you find some, fitting, cages on there. Problem with that is that they are not that common so you might not make it in time.
    If you want to know how I would handle that scenario. Depends on how I feel that day and how many cages I would have to find on islands. If it's just two or three I might try it. Sadly you don't get any special reward for completing it the hard way but if I feel like it I try to finish the voyage.

Cheers!

@shurthugal Now that you mention it, I think the last time I saw a pig/chicken/snake crate/basket was before the changes to the spawn rate of resource crates....

@richiearizona there does need to be an option in case you get sunk in pvp or a storm or a kraken or something to get more crates. its wouldnt be a difficult thing to add.

@xcalypt0x

Hmm... they might be even rarer than before that but they are 100% still around.

Cheers!

They should add a feature where you can get the crates back from an outpost but at the moment the best way is to keep canceling voyages until you get one with more creates.