New Weapon and Animal/Pet System

• I think it would be cool to give us another weapon type. Perhaps a harpoon/spear that you can use as a melee weapon that hits harder than a sword but slower as well. Perhaps you could throw it with the drop mechanics of a cannon ball but have to pick it back up to use it again.

EDIT: Two handed Axes based on boarding axes or a maul or mace could be a different slow but powerful melee weapon.
    Also stinkpots has a throwable would be good. They caused confusion and panic during pirate battles.

If we can free animals from cages, we’d kill less animals but also would have the ability to release them on our ships. It’d be a simple pet system technically. Imagine freeing several snakes on enemy ships. Why not?

Views
  • I like they way you think the other way around for animals.
    I think it's a cool idea and incentive to pvp to free willy :-)
    Also a thrown weapon you can throw one time and can be picked up again is a cool idea.
    Throwing Axes and Spears come to my mind.

• @bugaboo-bill Exactly! You catch my drift. (Pun intended)

• @thevolta89 We could repopulate chicken island this way... LOL

• @nofears-fun Haha. I could see some YouTube videos now with people chasing dozens of chickens around a tiny island.

• @thevolta89 I remember @knifelife and @Tartansnake tried to repopulate Chicken Isle. Sadly it did not take, I have always suspected it was because they were still locked in cages. LOL

• @thevolta89 Thank you! I appreciate it and respect you much more.
    And thank you for hearing me out without pointless argument.

• @nofears-fun lol yeah I imagine it was like a chicken Alcatraz.

• @faceyourdemon For sure! :)

• Spears are tools that dosent feel right in a meelee fight when i think about pirates but we can use boarding axes as heavier but slower weapons.
    And i would to bring an insane amount of chickens to my ship or snakes to my foes ^^".

• @faceyourdemon Perhaps something blunt too like a mace or maul.

• @faceyourdemon Based on that feedback I added an Edited section in the middle.

• @nofears-fun said in New Weapon and Animal/Pet System:

@thevolta89 I remember @knifelife and @Tartansnake tried to repopulate Chicken Isle. Sadly it did not take, I have always suspected it was because they were still locked in cages. LOL

Yes, didn’t really think it through that much, but how was I to know you couldn’t release them! 🥴

• @knifelife haha, my thoughts exactly!

Views
16 out of 17