Hello

• Hello my name is lord coley and I am new to sea of thieves still learning the game

Views
  • Welcome to the Seas!

Good luck on yer voyages mi' lord.

As your new, you will get sunk quite a lot by various in-world perils along with other pirates that roam the sea and end up with nothing to show from your gaming session.

This is what gives this game an edge other other titles. The excitement of never knowing if you will get to cash in your loot!

Have fun out on the seas!

• @lordcoley
    Hello Lordcoley , welcome to Sea of Thieves , Sir. There is nothing wrong with being new , don't let you tell otherwise...How are you going to sail , Sir ? i hope you don't go Solo Slooping from the very beginning because you could lose yer Heart for the game pretty fast...
    Maybe a few more hints and tips , gather alot of resources on every island or outpost or abandoned Fortress you come across. Human Pirates and the many AI encounters cost heaps of cannonballs and planks...Don't get greedy with building massive Hoards of treasure , cash in often , even if you feel it's only a little profit ...Better a little profit in your pocket than a profit into the pocket of an enemy pirate...

i could give more tips and hints but i want you to do me a favor...Don't see this game as a "treasure gatherer game", set out sail and meet Pirates , you will find all sorts of personalities , from hostile to docile , oooh that rhimes...Sometime you may think that only trolls are ruling the servers but don't let them get to you , change server and you may be suprised on how many Gems of personalities you may come across...You will be playing in the same world over and over again but still , no adventure will be repeated ...Sounds feces of horse to you , well Sir , take it from someone who plays all the time he can , a lot longer than release...i still need to play a copy of an adventure , because this game is endless in it's stories , circumstances and people you will meet...And if you should feel that the learning curve is steep then jump back to this Forum and ask a more experienced Pirate to join you for a while....This game is not learned from a massive manual , this game is learned by falling and getting up again , but never be to shy to ask someone to help pick you up if things would feel too dificult for you...The" silent" are not heard , the "verbal ones " get help....Have fun at the Sea , LordColey, may the wind be in yer Favour and all that shines on the beaches , may be gold for you...Take care and enjoy yer adventures...

• Welcome Lord Coley!

• Welcome to the seas!

If you run into any trouble there is much knowledge to be found around here, or simply just ask.

Happy sailing.

• Welcome mate!

So, i need to post this gif:

alt text

• Hello dear mate.
    Hope your voyages are and will always be nice and rich of chests :D

• @lordcoley

Welcome aboard Matey!
    If you haven't seen it already we have a great community thread for new pirates... take a look... it's full of very handy info for the brave adventurer.

https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/78199/guide-for-new-pirates/53

• Ahoy @LordColey

Welcome to the Sea of Seas and let us know if you have any questions.
    If you sail solo prepare yourself to learn the game the hard way.
    It's allways recommended to sign in on a ship with some others.
    But of course sailing solo ist possible and fun, if you know how to do it.
    And whatever happens, sinking and loosing all is nothing special but needed to fill the seas with the salt of your tears :)

have fun!!!

• Ahoy @LordColey!

Welcome about mate! Many pirates here to help survive and enjoy the sea. Like others said if you have questions just let’s know. If you want to sail along with a crew let me know. Will be happy to have you aboard and help you get more familiar with the sea.

Looking forward to hearing about your voyages. Happy sailing!

• @targasbr

Going to have to pull that movie off the shelf now and watch it again. :)

• Ahoy there fellow sea dogs,
    I too have been playing for about a week, I got the game off the xbox store as it was arf price arrghh. I jumped straight in and sailed a sloop by myself, I encouraged two friends to play on the week friends play free and now they're in. I still sail alone and avoid any sails I see if I can, but today whilst treasure hunting another sloop sailed in. I got the mega phone out and hailed them telling the crew I had nothing worth taking. To my shock and horror they answered back ! They said thanks for letting them know and could they have some nana's, I said sure help yourselves and they did. AND I DIDN'T DIE !!! low and behold they made an alliance with me and left. Whilst I spent an hour killing a skelly pirate (he was tough), I was sailing away to make some coin, and I earned nearly a 1,000 gold off them guys CHEERS!! I thought I was gonna help them as I was less than a mile from an outpost.....then came the Kraken and ate me and my spoils. It's been a very long time since a game has ever done this to me, made me feel danger and comradery at the same time, I'm Captain Hooked now and will play this for a good long while, so if you see me on the high seas, I wont shoot first...Promise.

Views
11 out of 12