Sea of Tease Discussion - List of all known Teases

• Ahoy there me hearties!
    Alot of teases have been added lately, so I thought I'd make a thread where we can discuss all the new discoveries in one place.
    I'll be listing any and all new discoveries that are found here.

If you discover anything that you feel is a tease for future Content then post a picture of it in the comments and I'll look into adding it to the teases master list.
    While we're on the subject of the teases master list, let's start it:

The Sea of Tease Master List:

• New Findings on the Unmarked Island of N13
      The Unmarked Island of N13 has a bunch of new items scattered around the Shipwreck and the Under water cave system looks like someone is setting up shop in it.
      alttext
      alt text
      alttext
      alttext
      alttext

I strongly suggest going over to the Unmarked Island of N13 to see all the new findings yourself!

• Streamlined Hulls
      All ships types now have 2 cutouts on the bow... what could they be for?
      Streamlined Hulls Brigantine
      Streamlined Hulls Galleon

• Ship Kichens
      Kitchen areas have been added to the Sloop and Brigantine.
      Is this a tease for Cooking coming to SoT?
      Kitchen Stove and Pot

• Royal Sovereign Helm
      As of right now if you equip the Sovereign Helm it will spawn with the Royal Sovereig colors.
      Does this mean we'll be getting color variations of the other Cannon, Capstan and Helm sets in the future?
      Royal Sovereign Helm

• Order of Souls desk
      In each Order of Souls tent you'll find a curious desk in place of where a Teapot once stood.
      What could this be for?
      Order of Souls Desk

• Lower Bells
      Each ship's bell is now lower than it used to be.
      I wonder why that is?
      Bell

• Devil's Roar Fort - Molten Sands Fortress
      There's a new Fort in the Devil's Roar, when do you think it'll be activated?
      alt text

Well mates, that's all the Teases that have been discovered for now.
    Let me know if ya find anymore!
    And what do you think of all these teases?
    Until then see ya on the seas!
    Palooggoo

Views
    news
  • @sgt-palooggoo Not on the topic but that first photo, appears to have the texture issue for the mast? What platform are you on?

• @infiltrartor12 said in Sea of Tease Discussion (Plus List of all known Teases):

@sgt-palooggoo Not on the topic but that first photo, appears to have the texture issue for the mast? What platform are you on?

I'm on xbox one original if that helps.

• @sgt-palooggoo Soo glad you made this! I’ve grown very fond of your keen eye(s) and posts, so it’s great to see a master list! Going to be watching this thread very closely :D

I’ll throw down my wild theories with what you have so far:

Streamlined hulls:

• My personal theory on this is pretty much the common guess if chase cannons, although I am interested to see what the black squares will be utilised for on the deck near each opening. I don’t believe they are there by accident..* 🧐

Kitchen Areas:

Well this one is a given, it’s so I can fulfill my dreams of being the pirate equivalent of Gordon Ramsey! 😂👌

https://media.makeameme.org/created/why-are-pirates.jpg

Sovereign Color Change:

This one is one of my biggest hopes 🤞 I personally am hoping that we will soon be able to pick from a variety of colours to decorate our various ship pieces and paint jobs to suit our personal preference. I believe it will add a lot of uniqueness and variety into the game and really give every crew the chance to personalise there own experience with more depth

Order of souls/Lower bell stand:

It’s my guess that these two items have been added/modified ahead of the addition of pets. To stand or rest on.

• @knifelife
    I can try to delete my post if possible.

• @major-bones I’ll delete mine aswell. Just thought I would prewarn you in case you wasn’t aware. It happens from time to time. :)

• @knifelife
    Thanks mate, I figured we need a thread where we can discuss all the new teases in one place!

Those theories ya got there are pretty solid if ya ask me!
    However those 2 cut outs on the front have me very intrigued as well.
    Maybe we'll be able to move Cannons in the future?

• @sgt-palooggoo the streamlined hulls could be a QoL change for sword lunging off your boat or it could be a hint towards cannon layout customization which would be pretty cool!

• @lord-pharqwad or fishing

• @wevuss or fishing 👍

• @sgt-palooggoo Yeah I'm on xbox one x here have you also had issues with textures not loading?

• I really hope the hull change is for fishing and not for chase cannons! I hate being chased, so I'd rather not have even stronger enemies following me. :p

• @sgt-palooggoo

You forgot the most important, Molten Sands Fortress! :P

• I would say the cut outs are either for chase cannons or fishing. I would prefer they will have a purpose for fishing. Maybe even areas for harpoons.

I think chase cannons would change the game too much. There needs to be a good chase and a possibility of escape. Chase cannons would change the ship dance too much. Maybe if only in Arena or if there was also a rear cannon to balance out the fight in a chase.

The stove is for cooking of course! Means we will need fishing as well to catch something to cook.

The OoS little desk is interesting. Maybe it will be a small alchemy table.

There are a few new visual glitches in the game due to the update. Like floating rivits on the bone crusher wheel and burning rugs on the XBOX.

• @skulliah said in Sea of Tease Discussion (Plus List of all known Teases):

@sgt-palooggoo

You forgot the most important, Molten Sands Fortress! :P

Oh, well I think everyone can assume it'll be activated.
    But if you insist I'll add it!

• @sgt-palooggoo the bell was lower in shrouded spoils

• @infiltrartor12 that's not a texture issue that came with the new update three days ago

• @closinghare208 said in Sea of Tease Discussion (Plus List of all known Teases):

@sgt-palooggoo the bell was lower in shrouded spoils

Aye, it's an older tease but they all count mate.

• I've added the new findings at the Unmarked Island of N13 to the list!

• @sgt-palooggoo ok the new tease I know of is the pirate lord doesn't have he's reapers mark necklace

• @sgt-palooggoo on N13 chase cannons confirmed

• @closinghare208 said in Sea of Tease Discussion - Plus List of all known Teases (Updated):

@sgt-palooggoo ok the new tease I know of is the pirate lord doesn't have he's reapers mark necklace

Hmmmmmm, I'll have to investigate that.
    Thanks for letting me know mate!

• I love the hidden secretes at N13! It's really cool that Rare introduces teases into Sea of Thieves this way. It really does look like we'll get some sort of chase cannon. Perhaps we'll have the option to further customize our ships and decide if we want a chase cannon or a harpoon on the front. Looking forward to seeing where this tease leads.

• @je0rgie-p0rgie
    I know I'd love more variety in ships!

Though why a banana peel on top of one the scaffoldings?
    Maybe a monkey?
    I heard one of Rare's earily concepts was a monkey in a shop who would sell stuff.
    Maybe that's why the Banana peel is there?

• Gosh I hope the ship change isn't for tiny cannons. I think that's a red herring :)

• @lethality1
    Well, all I know is that Rare will make the best decision for the Game's future.
    If front facing ruins the game than I don't think they'll be added.

• I think the front facing cannons will function more like swivel guns and not be able to output the same damage as normal cannons.

Or it could also double function as a harpoon mounting area.

Either way, more tools in the sandbox to play with = more fun.

• @sgt-palooggoo How do you even notice some of these things? Lol, nice eyes :)

• @sgt-palooggoo Ah the new desk in the Order of Souls huts has had me placing each type of skull on it in the hopes of the cupboard door unlocking.
    Alas to no avail... I'll keep trying mind you... maybe multiple skulls are needed...or a certain combination...
    (sets sail in search of more "for science")

• @xcalypt0x said in Sea of Tease Discussion - List of all known Teases (Updated):

@sgt-palooggoo How do you even notice some of these things? Lol, nice eyes :)

Thanks mate, some of theses findings were by a guy named Thor Von Blitz, he discovered the new assets on N13.
    He's got some keen eyes as well.

@ixxolos said in Sea of Tease Discussion - List of all known Teases (Updated):

@sgt-palooggoo Ah the new desk in the Order of Souls huts has had me placing each type of skull on it in the hopes of the cupboard door unlocking.
    Alas to no avail... I'll keep trying mind you... maybe multiple skulls are needed...or a certain combination...
    (sets sail in search of more "for science")

Hmmmmmmmm, you can put Skulls on it?
    I'll have to test it.
    Keep up the research matie!

Views
news
29 out of 32