Huge Content Update Suggestions List [UPDATED DAILY ]

• Hey Pirates! It’s a new year, and a new list of feedback from myself and some Community Members I have played most versions of the game: Technical Alpha, Pioneers Sessions, Insider Sessions, Closed Beta, Scale Tests, Final Beta. So I've played this game a lot, prior to release. I've got a massive list of feedback/ideas from both myself and people in this thread. So take a look, if you don't like an idea/ have an idea/ like an idea, reply to the thread! All feedback, on this feedback thread, is much appreciated. I will be checking back daily.

New Content Additions

New foods:
    (All can be sold to the Merchant Alliance in Crates, in exchange for Gold, during Merchant Voyages)

• Coconut- Obtained only from palm trees (Using Blunderbuss, Flintlock, Eye of Reach, etc.) and Crates. Not barrels.

• Pineapple- Obtained only from the Player picking off the bush, and Crates.

• Watermelon- Obtained by Player picking, also found in Crates. Not barrels.

• Grape Bunches- Obtained by Player picking, also found in Crates. These grapes can vary in colour, for example, green, purple, etc. The colour variation could depend on the location you're in (The Ancient Isles, The Wilds, The Shores of Plenty, etc.). The grapes are also used to refill The Ship's Grog.

• Water- For any pirates that aren't wanting to drink the good stuff, can be found on the second layer of the ship, next to The Grog. Or you can drink it directly from the bucket, although that will make you sick, and tired out. Eww... Salty!

New Land Creatures (Friendly)

• Tortoise- Hides in shell once provoked, can eat fruits on the ground, used in Merchant Trading.
    • Turtle- Can eat dropped fruits in the sea.
    • Parrot- Can mimic sounds, for example, gunshots, skeletons, pirate chatter, can be sold to the Merchant Alliance, for Gold.
    • Chicks- Found in Chicken nests, placed in a basket, can be sold to the Merchant Alliance, for Gold.
    • Lizards- Can kill and eat Chicks, move fast, can be sold to the Merchant Alliance, for Gold.
    • Monkeys- Can be lured into a cage using Bananas, can be sold to the Merchant Alliance, for Gold.
    • Land Crabs- Can kill Lizards and Chicks, can be sold to the Merchant Alliance, for Gold.

New Sea Creatures (Friendly)

• Whales- Can be seen squirting water out of the sea, and jumping. Also can bump into ships causing some hull damage.
    • Dolphins- Can travel in pods of 4-6. Can be seen jumping out of the water occasionally, used to add more friendly sea creatures to the game. Also can scare off any sharks that are close to your ship.
    • New Fish- Different fish types that can be implemented with the Merchant Alliance.
    • Sea Crabs- These are bigger than the usual Land Crabs, they are slower, but if the player gets too close they will try to attack. Causing low damage.

New Land Creatures (Hostile)

• Poison Dart Frogs- These are very small frogs, that can spit small amounts of poison at the player. They are found in tropical areas, but can leap away if the player comes too close and looks at it. This meaning it's very hard to kill with a weapon. But the player shouldn't worry, it can't deal lots of damage. It's only there to make the game more colourful and thriving with life, and of course to make the Pirate's life harder.
    • Rats- These rodents can infest your Ship, stealing food... what a pest... Arghh!

(Any others you'd like to see? Comment them!)

New Sea Creatures (Hostile)

• Sea Serpents- Have the ability to wrap around a Player's body, dragging them under. Can be killed and drop Sea Serpent's tooth (Rare). Most commonly found in underwater caves.

(Please comment on any others in the comment section!)

New Enemies:

• Skeleton King- Large Skeleton, with increased health and damage. Haven’t you ever wondered what Skeleton sits on the Skeleton Throne?

Random Events:

• Giant Crab- These are hidden under sand, close to islands and grab the ship with both pincers, causing hull damage. To kill it the Player must use the Cannons/Guns to crack the shell of the pincers, then use the Cutlass to slice the exposed flesh, for the most effective way. This is a random event and will trigger once a ship has come into the area. This can attack sloops, not just galleons.

• The Skeleton King’s Hideout- The Skeleton King’s hideout is similar to a Skeleton Fort, but this time the island isn't on the map, hence why it is a hideout. The whole island can only be seen when active. Pirate Captains, Pirate Ships, etc. will be patrolling in and around the Hideout. Multiple crews will have to come together to take this one down. This Hideout can be taken down like the Skeleton Fort when the Captains, Skeletons, and The Skeleton King is dead.

• Whirlpools- Open up randomly across the sea, causing any nearby Player Ships to be pulled in! Can be escaped from by going fast enough, however, this causes hull damage. (What’s funnier than being swirled around while frantically trying to escape?)

• Castaways- Can be found on an island, big or small. Just as rare as a 'Message in a Bottle' or 'Golden Artefact', once found, he can either be captured for some money, or the player can drop him off at their desired outpost. Dropping the Castaway off may result in more or less money than capturing them, it’s a gamble. (This will link into the ‘Wanted Pirate’ posters around outposts).

• Rogue Pirate Raid- NPC Pirates take over an outpost, like the Skeleton Fort, however, the Outpost cannot be used properly until all the Rogues are killed. After they are, you can go around to all the shops and the Inn, to claim a reward, for being a good sport. The three traders will also give you Reputation for your help.

Ship Ideas

New Ships

• Players could have the choice of selecting a different ship, depending on what voyages they are wanting to do. For example, a Merchant Ship would have a small crane on, to lift supplies and fewer cannons, but move faster. While a Gold Hauder's Ship would have lots of cannons but move slower. (Credit: El Roadkillo)

Ship Customisability:
    (All can be bought from the Ship Market)

• New Lantern designs. [Shape]

• New Map designs.

• New Barrel designs.

• New Mast designs.

• Modular Ship Interiors- Such as lower decks being swapped out from the regular barrels to maybe a crew area full of beds and furniture, a stockpile of gold/skulls or even a hay-filled pig-pen, depending on what Voyages you are wanting to do. (Credit: @El Roadkillo)

New Ship Features

• Ship Name engraved above the entrance to Captain's Quarters, and on the sides of the ship/rear.
    • Walk The Plank-Players who have to leave the game, whistle on the ship has the option to 'Walk the Plank'. This would make the plank have an actual use, and would be fun to watch a scurvy pirate jump to his long-awaited fate. Even the sharks would love this feature! Free Snacks!
    • Gambling- Long voyage ahead? Why don't you stand around a barrel and gamble away all that gold! This would make long voyages more entertaining, and create panic moments when there's an enemy ship coming your way!
    • Barrels Spawn- When a ship sinks, the Cannonballs/Planks/Banana barrels spawn above the wreck in the sea.
    • Closing doors- Doors should be able to be closed on the Galleon.

New Character Content

Character Customizability:
    (All can be bought from the Clothes Shop)

• Glasses
    • Commendations should be able to be worn as badges on clothing.

New Equiptable Items:

Musical Instruments:

• Harmonica
    • Guitar
    • Flute
    • Bell
    • The Music Box- Used to keep snakes calm during voyages, can be placed and activated on the ship. (The one in Taverns and Shops)

Weapons:

• Blowgun- Shoots a dart from a small tube, can be tipped with Snake Poison to cause nausea and poison to the enemy. (Similar to cursed cannon balls, tipped arrows are rare).

• Boarding axe- (Tool type weapon) Can pry off boards used to plug hull damage (Takes roughly as long as to place a Plank) and chop rigging to weaken or even disable a sail (requiring an interaction on the chopped line to repair it).

• Boarding hook- (Tool type weapon) The real reason to take this weapon is for quickly climbing ships! Charge attacks will jab and hook it into the wood, to climb up. Can also be used to climb terrain.

• Throwing Knives- (Throwing weapon) Quicker than a flintlock, lower damage, has an arc and CANNOT be retrieved to avoid unlimited ammo during battles. Can be restocked at the ammo chest.

• Coconuts- These can be placed into cannons and fired at ships to cause some damage, and if hit near a player will fill their screen with milk!

Trading Companies Updates:

Order of Souls

New Loot:

Skulls:

• Gilded Skull: Dropped by Golden Skeleton Captains, this skull is immensely heavy and the carrier is slowed down due to the weight.
    • Ivy Skull: Dropped by Wild Skeleton Captains, this skull blends in very well with bushes, grass, etc. Can poison the carrier, occasionally.
    • Ghastly Skull- Dropped by Shadow Skeleton Captains, cannot be seen well in the night, however, with a lantern, it can be uncovered.

Rogue Pirate Marks
    These marks can be exchanged to Duke, for doubloons, and some rare customisation options. They are a patch of cloth, think of them as ‘Dog-Tags’, the more experienced Rogue Pirate you kill, the rarer the Mark will be.

• Mark of the _____ (Common – like Castaway)
    • Mark of the _____ (Uncommon- like Seafarers)
    • Mark of the _____ (Rare- like Marauders)
    • Mark of the _____ (Rare...er- like Captain’s)
    • Mark of the _____ (Rarest- like Chest of Sorrow, Chest of a thousand grogs, etc.)
      (Spaces left for the tier of the Rogue Pirate)

Gold Hoarders

New Loot:

New Normal Chests:
    Check out @Cows-n-Muffins Chest Designs here

• Legendary Chest- Golden, with diamonds engraved. 2000-2700 Gold.

New Cursed Chests

• King Chest- Only found after the Skeleton King’s Hideout has been taken down, it is held shut with skeleton arms, imagine a skeleton embedded within the chest. However, as this chest is cursed, it may only be exchanged in the Order of Souls. 28000-3200Gold.

• Hermit Chest- Ruby red glow, with a pair of pincers sealing the chest down. It houses a crab in it..? Yeah... also I forgot to mention it's going to be really hard to keep this chest still! So make sure you keep an eye on it! 1000-1600 Gold.

• Kraken Chest: Found floating in the ocean after defeating a Kraken, or, is held by one of the tentacles and make the Kraken drop it by shooting it with cannons. It's best to keep this chest somewhere secure, you'll often see a tentacle come out of the chest and try to damage anything around it. Even the ship hull. Can be exchanged at the Gold Hoarders for gold.

Merchant Alliance

Merchant Items:

• Crate o' Feathers
    • Jar o' Venom (Also used to tip darts with poison)
    • Pig Skin
    • Barrel O' Rum- Barrel full of grog, different rarities.
    • Parrots – Can be captured in the bird cages we see throughout the world.

The Fishing Guild:

With Sea of Thieves having so much water, I was quite surprised to not see any fishing related markets or activities. A new Fishing Market could be added to the game, where players go fishing in a certain area, to catch a certain type of fish. The Player could store the Fish in barrels of water with the lid off, near the Character Customisation area of the lower deck. This could then be brought back to the Fish Market, located on the pier of an outpost, and then exchanged for Gold. This will add the option for a new food source, fish. Which the Player could buy from the Fish Market. I won't list all the possible fish types, I'll leave that for Rare to come up with! :D [COMPLETED]

Outpost Ideas:

• Gambling games- Located in the Tavern, players can play games such as Card games, Dice games, etc. To win Gold! This gives players a reason to not be too hostile towards others on the Outpost, well not during the game anyway!
    • Barber Store- This would make the game more realistic, having an NPC stand behind you, while you're sitting on a barrel. This could also make it so the NPC may not do the correct haircut every time, which adds some humour to it.

New Gameplay Additions

• Daily Voyages- Add in Daily Voyages for each Trader that you can pick up from the Vendors on the Outposts. Daily Voyages would provide more reputation than your average voyage, possibly a set percentage of a level. It would provide a more reliable way to progress for more casual players.
    • Weekly Voyage- This Weekly Voyage could be a big voyage, which happens at the end of every week. This could be a high number of Chapters Voyage and even have a mix up of the 3 Traders in there. The Voyage would be just as rewarding as taking on a Skeleton Fort.

Character Improvements

• Players should be able to carry two small items, such as Goblets, Skulls, etc. Instead of only carrying one at a time.

If you have any other ideas, comment them below and I'll add them to the list. This isn't complete yet, and I will be updating it again daily. So far, I feel like the whole Sea of Thieves Community has been quiet, I'd be happy with a weekly content update, even if it just adds small things, like parrots.

Views
  • alt text

AWESOME!

• @ENF0RCER

• @targasbr this is now my 3rd draft of it, my old thread (over a year old) had 252 upvotes, some ideas are still here today, some were completed in game and some where scrapped. If you have any feedback on the suggestions just let me know:)

• @gamingboy177 great work, you weren't joking when you said updated daily... Did you actually mean minutely lol?

Every time I refresh I'm sure more just keeps appearing!

• @captain-kyi I'm pretty cean on making sure the feedback is up to date with what developers have said, and community feedback in my discord servers, etc.

• @gamingboy177 I've enjoyed combining some of my ideas (which I know others have also had already) into fake content updates. Some things I see on this list as well a couple things which I've planned on my 4th / 5th updates, coconuts for example.

Do you mind if I see anything on your list that I think may fit in one of my posts I add it (with credit given of course).

(without trying to self plug here's my previous posts, if you want me to edit out this part of this reply I'll be happy to;)
    Scholar’s of Curses - New Trading Company / New Loot Types
    The Fractured Isles - New Tool / Encounter / World Event
    Trial of Fools - New Gameplay / Enemies / Vanity Items

• @captain-kyi yeah sure thing, I'd love to get as many of our suggestions out there as possible.

• @gamingboy177

Ahoy there matey, Thats a fine list you got there. You know i run a list myself called the Community Ideas Master List. If you would like you this post can be a part of it as a sub list that detail the most common idea's proposed or you can make this post into a Community inspired update.

BTW i especially like that Rogue pirate tag idea. I wonder where you got such a great from.

• @targasbr said in Possible Additions - Huge Feedback/Suggestions List [UPDATED DAILY]:

@ENF0RCER

Thanks for the mention. I'm glad i got to see this post. Good looking out matey.

• @enf0rcer I only came up with the rogue pirates at the last minute, after updating it from the "Phantom Pirates" in my old thread. The phantom pirates would drop soul boxes, but the idea was quite a stretch, so I just changed it to that.

• @enf0rcer I've just had a look on your thread, seems to be a great list! I would mind if you added this to it. :)

• i like the idea of different skulls. it is something i have wondered myself

• Next list update will be at 5pm GMT. If you have any ideas you'd like to add, comment them here. I'll be giving full credit to those who ideas are included.

• @anthony1138 it would be a nice addition, as there's really no point in different skeletons of they drop the same loot.

• @gamingboy177

Your post has been added to the Master List. I think your post would benifit from a better title and it's so larger it should be considered a content update. Perhaps you could come up with a story and some lore. I would focus it around the skelliton king.

• @enf0rcer Yeah I'll try my best :) any other feedback just let me know

• lMore animal life Idea I like

• Whirlpool is is good and I thought of it as well

• boarding axes would be cool but I think they should be loud or else it would be OP. I would be ok with 4 players trying to board my ship with axes this would make boarding interesting but might be a pain as well... so not sure if I like it as much xD.

• everyone wants nameplates on there ships why isn't it a thing

• the rest I don't think would fit in SoT or just wouldn't make a huge enough difference in bettering ones experience

• Regarding the whirlpool I have thought that would be a great addition as well. But even tho I’m not that knowledgeable on game design. I feel like rare would have to entirely re code and re design the water in the game to allow that to even happen and I doubt they would go through the complete redesign of the water code. But that being said it would be a amazing addition if it ever happened.

• I would like to add to my last reply. Even tho I doubt we will ever get whirlpools I feel like a good alternative that would require a lot less re design and coding to be water spouts they are like tornados that appear over the ocean. And it would be cool if you sailed to close to one it would pick up your ship and throw it a little distance.

• The next update should include:

New species of pets.

1. Cats: Tabby and Siamese.
    2. Bats: Vampire and Fruit.
    3. Reptiles: Chameleon and Iguana.
    4. Arachnids: Tarantula and Scorpion.
    5. Snakes: Cobra and Rattlesnake.

Jewelry

1. Rings
    2. Earrings
    3. Necklaces
    4. Facial Piercings

Eastern Weapons

1. Katana
    2. Chakram
    3. Mace
    4. Crossbows

New Ice Region

• I also have a suggestion for the curses players can equip. It's a weaker version of the curse that turned Wanda into a skeleton captain, only it affects certain parts than the whole body. The right arm and left leg are permanently skeletalized, while the head and upper torso fade to reveal the skeleton for 10 seconds before shifting back to normal before starting again. I call it "The Ferryman's Scorn", unless anyone has something better.

• @atherza

• Coconut- Obtained only from palm trees (Using Blunderbuss, Flintlock, Eye of Reach, etc.) and Crates. Not barrels.
    • Pineapple- Obtained only from the Player picking off the bush, and Crates.
    • Watermelon- Obtained by Player picking, also found in Crates. Not barrels.
    • Grape Bunches- Obtained by Player picking, also found in Crates. These grapes can vary in colour, for example, green, purple, etc. The colour variation could depend on the location you're in (The Ancient Isles, The Wilds, The Shores of Plenty, etc.). The grapes are also used to refill The Ship's Grog.

I think coconuts are fine in barrels, and the occasional pineapple wouldn't hurt to remain in one. Just as rare, though. The melon would be... 3-4 bites of full health, I guess? And the grapes not giving more health per color, for fairness in spawns.

• Water- For any pirates that aren't wanting to drink the good stuff, can be found on the second layer of the ship, next to The Grog. Or you can drink it directly from the bucket, although that will make you sick, and tired out. Eww... Salty!

Drinking boiling water from volcanic eruptions should be addressed as well, a small detail would be making it do immense damage. An easy way to the ferry, perhaps?

• Sea Serpents- Have the ability to wrap around a Player's body, dragging them under. Can be killed and drop Sea Serpent's tooth (Rare). Most commonly found in underwater caves.

I'd also like to see that phoenix that's in some cave paintings, as the crab is (though a notable lack of sea serpents, too).

• Skeleton King- Large Skeleton, with increased health and damage. Haven’t you ever wondered what Skeleton sits on the Skeleton Throne?

I think this is what skeleton lords represent pretty well. Perhaps a skeleton lord with the title of The Skeleton King would be a good compromise, unless this is the mysterious entity known as the 'Captain' that outranks skeleton lords in power...

Random Events:

• Giant Crab- These are hidden under sand, close to islands and grab the ship with both pincers, causing hull damage. To kill it the Player must use the Cannons/Guns to crack the shell of the pincers, then use the Cutlass to slice the exposed flesh, for the most effective way. This is a random event and will trigger once a ship has come into the area. This can attack sloops, not just galleons.

Good to see this, and perhaps something similar to the Old Mother or Hungering One could be seen with it, with a giant version of the 'normal' giant crabs, capable of lifting ships out of the water and leaving with them should it decide to.

• The Skeleton King’s Hideout- The Skeleton King’s hideout is similar to a Skeleton Fort, but this time the island isn't on the map, hence why it is a hideout. The whole island can only be seen when active. Pirate Captains, Pirate Ships, etc. will be patrolling in and around the Hideout. Multiple crews will have to come together to take this one down. This Hideout can be taken down like the Skeleton Fort when the Captains, Skeletons, and The Skeleton King is dead.

I do feel that the Fort of the Damned, or something similar, fits this theme. A huge stronghold-like event, only really notable when active, and a stronghold system of skeleton waves followed by the captain at the end, though this may just be me comparing the Skeleton King to a skeleton lord again.

• Whirlpools- Open up randomly across the sea, causing any nearby Player Ships to be pulled in! Can be escaped from by going fast enough, however, this causes hull damage. (What’s funnier than being swirled around while frantically trying to escape?)

The long-awaited maelstrom, I hope to see it be done around an island for an Arena match too. Digging chests among deep forgotten shipwrecks brought back to the surface, or rather that the surface has been brought back to.

• Rogue Pirate Raid- NPC Pirates take over an outpost, like the Skeleton Fort, however, the Outpost cannot be used properly until all the Rogues are killed. After they are, you can go around to all the shops and the Inn, to claim a reward, for being a good sport. The three traders will also give you Reputation for your help.

I feel like this isn't really needed. The outposts can defend themselves fairly well, the only real threat so far was the entire skeleton armada upon its formation, and that was mostly the shopkeeps being afraid of the skeletons being capable of traversing from island to island with tactics. Plus, anything an NPC pirate is required to do can be done by player pirates, though a feature to allow blockading of an outpost wouldn't be bad either, it might mess with the balance of having six spawnable outposts for the six ships in a server.

• Players could have the choice of selecting a different ship, depending on what voyages they are wanting to do. For example, a Merchant Ship would have a small crane on, to lift supplies and fewer cannons, but move faster. While a Gold Hauder's Ship would have lots of cannons but move slower. (Credit: El Roadkillo)

-A fishing vessel, with the harpoons and some cannons replaced by large, ship-mounted fishing rods with built-in winches
    -A skeleton hunter, with immense firepower for blasting skeletons and their ships alike, but slower.
    I feel like the gold hauler would have decent speed and decent firepower, built for defence rather than offence. A ship is a ship and it can still chase you down, but it can be outrun by most and outgunned by others.

Ship Customizability:

• New Lantern designs. [Shape]
    • New Map designs.
    • New Barrel designs.
    • New Mast designs.

Figures. Also you spelled customizability wrong.

• Modular Ship Interiors- Such as lower decks being swapped out from the regular barrels to maybe a crew area full of beds and furniture, a stockpile of gold/skulls or even a hay-filled pig-pen, depending on what Voyages you are wanting to do. (Credit: @El Roadkillo)

If they're done wrong one could be used to prevent players from attempting to stow away on ships. That said, Rare hasn't steered us wrong yet in PvP balance. insert crossplay argument here

• Barrels Spawn- When a ship sinks, the Cannonballs/Planks/Banana barrels spawn above the wreck in the sea.

No. Resources used to be able to be taken from a ship all the way until the sinking wreck despawned, but it was changed. Now you must decide whether you should sink the threat or take temporary control of it while trying to drain it. Put your things in crates if you want to come back and retrieve them.

• Boarding axe- (Tool type weapon) Can pry off boards used to plug hull damage (Takes roughly as long as to place a Plank) and chop rigging to weaken or even disable a sail (requiring an interaction on the chopped line to repair it).

Alongside this, cloth for the sail itself should someone equipped with one of these make it onto the spars and chop the sails off of them.

• Coconuts- These can be placed into cannons and fired at ships to cause some damage, and if hit near a player will fill their screen with milk!

Heh. That's a good idea, much better than that 'homing pineapples' joke from a bit ago.

Order of Souls

New Loot:

Cursed skulls, perhaps, like one that causes hallucinations of skeletons to those who hold it, and another that spawns the occasional skeleton around it, even on board (very slowly, of course).

Skulls:

• Gilded Skull: Dropped by Golden Skeleton Captains, this skull is immensely heavy and the carrier is slowed down due to the weight.
    • Ivy Skull: Dropped by Wild Skeleton Captains, this skull blends in very well with bushes, grass, etc. Can poison the carrier, occasionally.
    • Ghastly Skull- Dropped by Shadow Skeleton Captains, cannot be seen well in the night, however, with a lantern, it can be uncovered.

These'd be dropped in villainous, hateful, etc varieties as well, then? And bone skeletons would drop the standard ones, I'd assume.

We could see new voyages, such as one to track down a skeleton ship near an island, which spawns on the ship with the voyage down. It'd have OoS commendations for completing these ship bounty voyages, and one for selling skeleton captains' skulls.

Rogue Pirate Marks
    These marks can be exchanged to Duke, for doubloons, and some rare customisation options. They are a patch of cloth, think of them as ‘Dog-Tags’, the more experienced Rogue Pirate you kill, the rarer the Mark will be.

• Mark of the _____ (Common – like Castaway)
    • Mark of the _____ (Uncommon- like Seafarers)
    • Mark of the _____ (Rare- like Marauders)
    • Mark of the _____ (Rare...er- like Captain’s)
    • Mark of the _____ (Rarest- like Chest of Sorrow, Chest of a thousand grogs, etc.)
      (Spaces left for the tier of the Rogue Pirate)

I'm going to say no to this, on the account of it giving pirates reason to attack other than treasure on board. This is also why suggestions of pirates dropping gold on death don't work, and dropping their voyages. We don't want pirates going around killing everyone for no reason, unless that's what they want to do for fun, there needs to be some reason to be friendly every now and then.

Gold Hoarders

New Loot:

New Normal Chests:
    Check out @Cows-n-Muffins Chest Designs here

• Legendary Chest- Golden, with diamonds engraved. 2000-2700 Gold.

New Cursed Chests

• King Chest- Only found after the Skeleton King’s Hideout has been taken down, it is held shut with skeleton arms, imagine a skeleton embedded within the chest. However, as this chest is cursed, it may only be exchanged in the Order of Souls. 28000-3200Gold.

• Hermit Chest- Ruby red glow, with a pair of pincers sealing the chest down. It houses a crab in it..? Yeah... also I forgot to mention it's going to be really hard to keep this chest still! So make sure you keep an eye on it! 1000-1600 Gold.

• Kraken Chest: Found floating in the ocean after defeating a Kraken, or, is held by one of the tentacles and make the Kraken drop it by shooting it with cannons. It's best to keep this chest somewhere secure, you'll often see a tentacle come out of the chest and try to damage anything around it. Even the ship hull. Can be exchanged at the Gold Hoarders for gold.

I'd also like to point out the ashen chests of sorrow, which pours boiling water rather than the regular stuff.

Merchant Alliance

Merchant Items:

• Crate o' Feathers
    • Jar o' Venom (Also used to tip darts with poison)

Let's not have crafting like that. Constant snake poison is very difficult to fight, as the Black Viper (venomball skeleton ship) proves.

• Pig Skin
    • Barrel O' Rum- Barrel full of grog, different rarities.
    • Parrots – Can be captured in the bird cages we see throughout the world.

What about the crab traps we see? Let's have those, too.

The Fishing Guild:

With Sea of Thieves having so much water, I was quite surprised to not see any fishing related markets or activities. A new Fishing Market could be added to the game, where players go fishing in a certain area, to catch a certain type of fish. The Player could store the Fish in barrels of water with the lid off, near the Character Customisation area of the lower deck. This could then be brought back to the Fish Market, located on the pier of an outpost, and then exchanged for Gold. This will add the option for a new food source, fish. Which the Player could buy from the Fish Market. I won't list all the possible fish types, I'll leave that for Rare to come up with! :D [COMPLETED]

Like they said, "highly requested".

Outpost Ideas:

• Gambling games- Located in the Tavern, players can play games such as Card games, Dice games, etc. To win Gold! This gives players a reason to not be too hostile towards others on the Outpost, well not during the game anyway!
    • Barber Store- This would make the game more realistic, having an NPC stand behind you, while you're sitting on a barrel. This could also make it so the NPC may not do the correct haircut every time, which adds some humour to it.

I want to see something for the Bilge Rats too, like a black market hidden away on each outpost. In the shadow of the tavern for some places, or in the tunnels on other places. It'd be better than our magically teleporting friend, Duke.

Another suggestion: More curses.
    -Bone crusher curse: A partial transformation into a skeleton, like Wanda before Cursed Sails. Only cosmetic.
    -Curse of the Wailing Barnicle: A light sprinkling of barnacles, starfish, and other sea debris and life stuck to your pirate. Can't be comfortable, that.
    -Pirate Legend curse: Glowing eyes, like the Mysterious Stranger.
    -Ghost curse: The AF/PL 10 reward, making your pirate appear like the ghosts of the crew of the Athena's Fortune, or the Ferryman. Not recommended for stealth.

Views
16 out of 23