Options for microtransactions

• Obviously they have stated pets will be an option.
    What other things do you think should, or should not be available?

For me, I wonder about the following:

Product Based cosmetics

Controller, Hard Drive, Chips Ahoy!, etc all had cosmetic codes. These were limited time offerings, that cost real, additional $. Why couldn't they be re-released for $ without the product attached? The $ for the controller still yields the controller (and I love it!).
    What about the people who didn't get into the game until the limited runs of controller were sold out, and the chips ahoy were all eaten.. that would have wanted to? They already missed out on the product, but the cosmetic too?

Former Timed Exclusives

Players that didn't have play time, or started after Duke had some limited time cosmetics, could purchase what they missed out on. They can still do all the commendations for the events, but can't get the cosmetics?

These types of "missed out" I feel can be a conversation creator, like they said 2 weeks ago on weekly stream, but I also don't like elitism based on time.
    Skill? Dedication? Sure. Beat the super difficult mega kraken?
    But people who are deployed for service, have medical emergencies, family obligations, school, should people miss out?

I'm not sure how I feel about that.
    You want to reward players for their involvement in the game, but also give opportunity for those to "complete" their pirate.

Shanties

What if they have certain shanties purchasable? Of course we want more shanties in game, like at least 425 more, some earned from doing a full quest line, or whatnot. But what about after that, having some, perhaps real life popular songs that could be purchased? Or artists in the community that put together a pirate sounding song that they get a share of the profits from? (like the clothing deal)

How do you feel?

(Not about the addition of microtrans, but about the options above, or your own ideas!)
    Views
  • I’m happy with pets being a microtransaction honestly. They’re something different, a bit of fun to add to the game.
    However I don’t think cosmetics or shanties should be a part of the MTX shop. The game desperately needs more of those before they start charging us additional real world money for.
    Shanties are one of my favourite parts of the game and I wish we would have had more by now (including the banjo!)
    Cosmetics are one of our only goals to work towards in game so it seems a bit silly asking us to buy those, especially seeing as they would probably look like some of the best cosmetics in game.

I’m sure timed cosmetics will all eventually make their way in to the game, just like the banjo and Joanna dark figureheads for example. I’m also happy for exclusive cosmetics linked to controllers, hard drives etc to remain exclusive, especially seeing as this are continuing to be sold for the foreseeable future.

• @dyfrin disse em Options for microtransactions:

Product Based cosmetics

I see this as a problem because the chips, for example, did not come to my country, and the purchase of the codes ended up becoming a problem due to the high cost.

Former Timed Exclusives

I am particularly against it, as it is one of the few things that makes our account unique.

Shanties

I really like this idea!

I also think that everything that can be bought should be able to be acquired in the game with effort.

• Besides Pets I think MTX should be unique and easily identifiable. So no MTX weapon skins or ship sails for example.

One idea I would spend $20 on easily is a new cosmetic race. For example you can become a Merperson hybrid. Your skin is blue/light blue, you have gills, fins on arms etc like the ones in game. On land you walk around with 2 legs, so you are more like Aquaman than a Mermaid.

Another idea is licensed cosmetics where suitable. For example Rare could partner with Ubisoft and get Connor Kenway’s outfit from Black Flag in game as a hood, jacket and pants etc.

• Totally agree on more shanties, I love the tunes in the game. I would even pay $ to get more, though I would prefer if they were somehow earned in game (such as quests as you suggest).

Views
4 out of 5