Patch Notes Discussion - 1.4.3

• @raen-yrtham You are right, but an update or two ago, the red part of the screen increased so much that you have a very small purple hazed window to see through. Making it far more difficult than it used to be. That red haze increase was introduced at the same time as the can't open barrels, can't use a sword, and other things while poisoned.

• @nofears-fun I completely agree about the frequency. I think the battles should be harder, but far less frequent. As you say, encountering the kraken should feel like an epic event, not an everyday occurrence.

• @genuine-heather They increased the spawn rate for everything in Shrouded Spoils, not just the Kraken, for the commendations. They've said in a weekly stream that they developed somewhat of a world manager that manages what's happening at the same time in the world and the rate of the spawns.

• @x-crowheart-x Maybe I have an enemy ship coming in and I need to load and go. It's not an instant popup he still floats up, its just about 3x faster.

• Lots of screen tearing on X now when using high FoV. Had to crank it down to 82.

Are those bird cages new? I never noticed them if they're not.

• @genuine-heather I never said "anything should go because fantasy world" I am saying you can't use realism as an argument in a fantasy world. You can't say that wouldn't float up as fast it's not realistic! When the realistic thing is that chest full of heavy gold wouldn't float at all.

I am saying make better arguments.

Why can we shoot ourselves out of a canon? - That's not realistic!

Why can I patch a cannon hole and make it leak proof with one board? - that's not realistic!

Why can I cure all wounds with a banana? - that's not realistic!

Why does treasure float up so fast! - that's not realistic!

I hope that makes my point more clear, cheers!

• @zormis

I hear you. Still was ok though before. Some things are silly fast now. Mermaid gems shoot up like cruise missiles.

• @x-crowheart-x said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.4.3:

@zormis

I hear you. Still was ok though before. Some things are silly fast now. Mermaid gems shoot up like cruise missiles.

This is a good point. You see sinking skeletonships that go down deep it's nice, but on mermaids I was actually looking for the gem the first time because it had floated up so fast. I am on board with that. :)

• So after playing for a few hours last night, I figured I would come back and post more issues with this patch.

• We are back to freezing on loading screens. Black screen with a wheel in the bottom right.

• The game is crashing again, and the tweet from Rare said something about server hopping. We never server hopped. I crashed while alt-tabbing to change something in my music player. I crashed while fighting another pirate on their ship as soon as the ship sank. I crashed while standing on the ship rolling into a skull fort. The game is crashing and it is NOT related to anything the player is doing.

• Lots of combat, because we wanted to check the new combat out. It is pretty bad. I am fine with the change to weapon swapping, and I asked for that the month the game came out. I asked on the forum; I asked in tickets; I asked on Reddit... nothing was done. Thanks for finally fixing that. The rest of the changes to combat feel awful... some because they do not function as they were intended and have bugs and glitches, others because they are just stupid changes. Standing right at the mast looking at the bell on the ship I should be able to hit it with hip fire with a rifle... yet you only hit about 2 out of every 5 shots. You are even lucky if you hit the mast! These changes are ridiculous, and literally serve the purpose of making skill a nonfactor. The rifle already seemed to have a small spread on it for hipfire. The larger the distance to your target, the more it would miss. Now though, you can't stand in front of a wall and reliably hit it. You shoot the floor, or something beside you. Whoever is coding gunplay in this game should at least, at some point in their life, actually have seen a gun...preferably even fired one. lol.

In a couple of hours, we sank 7 ships (2 sloops, 2 brigs, and 3 galleons) and I killed 26 pirates. Most of those were people coming at us, some of those were us going at people. We were on a brig. We sank zero times, no one that we went up against was trying to "double-gun" or hot-swap. The galleon crew seemed to be experienced, but they also seemed to just have big issues with combat in the game. One of the brig crews that kept coming at us was filled with toxic teens who just couldn't keep their mouths shut... so we made a point of seeking that one out constantly ;)

In the end, combat in this game currently feels absolutely awful. I stand by the statement I made before about how I presumed it would go after testing just hip-fire changes.

Rare saw a roach in the kitchen and blew the whole house up to try and get rid of it.

The only change we needed was for Rare to debounce (throttle) weapon swapping and equipping. Instead, we got a revamped and broken combat system in every sense.

• @raen-yrtham said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.4.3:

@nunoazuldimeter said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.4.3:

Was the Kraken against the Brigantine "nerfed" ?

I'm asking this because yesterday on joining my friends Brigantine they got attacked by the Kraken and we didn't stand any chance... It even grabbed the ship with 2 tentacles at the same time. Is this intended at all?

It was nerfed against the sloop according to the patch notes (spawn rate). But what you describe sounds like a buff, not like a nerf.

Exactly! that left us confused about the supposed "nerf"...

• A Ghost on the Waves – Rumours of a pale beast in the waves have been circulating heavily, with sightings becoming slightly more frequent as it's grown in infamy.

Can someone explain me that part?

• Small 100,08 MB update today on PC. Any official info about it?

Joe said in a recent Dev Update video that the new install method/size would allow Rare to release bug fixing updates more often, without having to wait on bigger content updates. Glad to see that in practice.

@pinkerdelfin said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.4.3:

A Ghost on the Waves – Rumours of a pale beast in the waves have been circulating heavily, with sightings becoming slightly more frequent as it's grown in infamy.

Can someone explain me that part?

Pretty self explanatory. The Shrouded Ghost Meg spawn rate was increased.

• https://twitter.com/SeaOfThieves/status/1093833827141799936

• I wonder what exactly has been fixed in today’s mini patch

• @xraylexx said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.4.3:

I wonder what exactly has been fixed in today’s mini patch

maybe the small patch fixes double gun insta shot. because yesterday's patch didn't. people have found a work around on Reddit.

• @katttruewalker said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.4.3:

https://twitter.com/SeaOfThieves/status/1093833827141799936

@KattTruewalker sometimes I wonder if you are employed by Rare as you are always on top of news for SoT and share them with the community.

Thanks for investing the time you do to share all of that!

As a side note, I wonder if the loot floating to the surface has slowed down a bit or if the loading screens (via mermaid or the Ferry) have reduced in duration.

• @cyberguardian77

You're welcome! I wonder that too, it does seem to rise to the surface a bit quick at the moment lol

• @treefittymonsta said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.4.3:

@xraylexx said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.4.3:

I wonder what exactly has been fixed in today’s mini patch

maybe the small patch fixes double gun insta shot. because yesterday's patch didn't. people have found a work around on Reddit.

The quote-unquote work-around on reddit is so impractical you will NEVER see anyone using it.

• In all honesty i must say that this patch feels real lazy.

The mercenary voyages are just bad. If you are a PL they give you nothing since they are a rip of athenas. And if they are meant for new players, why do they cost doubloons.
    Also only 1 commendation this time really, it took me and my mates less then a hour to finish this.

The "new" mercenary voyages also add nothing new, they are just the same fetch quests.

I understand that people did not like double gunning and the delay does work, but why should there be a delay after sprinting? It just feels clumsy compared to before.

I must say i like the new cosmetics so good job on that one.

I really love this game but seeing a new patch after what feels like a while and getting only this feels lame. Like i said me and my mates got the mercenary set within a hour, and the only thing new after that is the new fort. (We were done with it after a few min.)

What do we do after that? We already have done everything else a dozen times before.
    I want to play this game, but i can not find a single reason to convince my mates to continue.
    Hope next patch there will be more to do.

(Srry for bad english)

• Dear Developers, is there another cave on the island"smuggler's refuge"?I only found one.Fix the quest with the riddle, I have already spent 20 doubloons in the empty

• in the "smugglers Bay" I shone a lantern,played instruments at the entrance to the cave-nothing happens!!!

• @shurthugal thank you, I will look

• Thanks for the update, most of the things I like, the other things probably will grow on me.

Especially thanks for decreasing the costs of the stuff you can buy from Duke, though one of my crew wondered why he would be selling a duck flag ...

• I got on today for the first time in a couple of weeks and I have to say that I am highly disappointed. I bought the souvergn helm when it came out because I really liked the black and gold color scheme, it mached my ship with how I usually set it up. I got on today to find it had been changed to green like the royale souvergn livery. What is the point of buying the things you like in the game if the entire color scheme of it is going to be changed altogether? I mean, its still black and gold in the shipwright's catalog! For me it's basically the straw that breaks the camal's back. I don't believe I'm going to play this game again until it is either changed back or I am reinbursed for the helm. I know I am just one player and it might seem pety. I have been folliwing the game since it was first anounced, I've been playing and loving it since the alpha tests, and I've been more than looking forward to seeing what the future holds for this game; yet I've been jipped with gear I've earned in the mixpot giveaways, commendations not being tracked, and now this. You can only toy with someone so much before they just say screw it!

• @kaboomawho said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.4.3:

I got on today for the first time in a couple of weeks and I have to say that I am highly disappointed. I bought the souvergn helm when it came out because I really liked the black and gold color scheme, it mached my ship with how I usually set it up. I got on today to find it had been changed to green like the royale souvergn livery. What is the point of buying the things you like in the game if the entire color scheme of it is going to be changed altogether? I mean, its still black and gold in the shipwright's catalog! For me it's basically the straw that breaks the camal's back. I don't believe I'm going to play this game again until it is either changed back or I am reinbursed for the helm. I know I am just one player and it might seem pety. I have been folliwing the game since it was first anounced, I've been playing and loving it since the alpha tests, and I've been more than looking forward to seeing what the future holds for this game; yet I've been jipped with gear I've earned in the mixpot giveaways, commendations not being tracked, and now this. You can only toy with someone so much before they just say screw it!

Its a bug where it is showing the wrong asset on the equipped model, not that big of a deal. I'm sure it will be switched back whenever they push the next update.

If you had logged into the Pioneer build when it was in testing, you could have caught this and notified them before it went live.

• @d3adst1ck like I said in the begining of the rant, I haven't been on in a while. You're right though, its not that big of a deal by itself, but its part of an acumulation of things that add up to get me to that point. Thank you for clarifying for me, I didn't see it anywhere in the known bugs section. It's a good good thing you know more than the devs, right?

• Does anypirate know how long we'll still be able to complete a mercenary's rum runner voyage and acquire the mercenary cosmetics?

• Something one of our crew mates encountered during our voyage, one minute she was next to us, the next minute she experienced falling right through the ship.... Stuck in the middle of the ocean. We still saw her on our ship, but her experience was that she was swimming. So the "swimmer" was playing on an XBOX ONE S. On the XBOX ONE X and XBOX ONE original, we did not experience it... yet. The "Swimmer" experienced the bug twice...

• This happened to me to. It had also nearly killed me.

• I have a problem of my own, I have reputation of about 20 on each faction and it says I still haven't even reached reputation of 5. Please Help!

• @kaiku-aika it should say what date it will expire on your voyage paper, us the hand watch to determine the current date.

• The duke quest is ZzZzzzz. Id like to up my grog commendation count..but not for dblooms.
    Loot surfaces at comical speeds and sinks super quick is a pretty weird thing to address. Who asked for that?!

When fighting the fleet...i like a challenge...but having skelly ships and megs spawn after defeating it...is a little ridiculous right now..spawn rate seems stupidly large.

Cloth Cargo gets wet for no reason at all it seems...on sloops/brigs placing it above deck is the only option so pray you dont have to sail around a storm adding 20min of sail time...rowboats are buggy as heck...

Decent fix for doublegunning...but considering all the other reviews about the combat system...i hope the next update actually enhances the game a bit.

PL ppl hardly have much to work towards too...i get to grind commendations still...but I think its about time for something besides athenas.

• @entirespace8706 Ahoy matey!

Have you purchased the item upgrades from the different merchants? This is usually one of the reasons it doesn't trigger.

• @musicmee Only in the merchant of alliance, and I bought the upgrades after this bug has been happening.

• @entirespace8706 said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.4.3:

@musicmee Only in the merchant of alliance, and I bought the upgrades after this bug has been happening.

@EntireSpace8706

I could be wrong in what Musicmee was saying but have you also purchased the promotions you get every five levels?

If you are evaluating what the game is telling you by talking to the mysterious stranger, all companies must be leveled together by increments of fives, then the promotions need to be purchased.

I.e. if you are at levels 17,12,18 for Gold Hoarders, Order of Souls, and Merchant Alliance respectfully for example, the mysterious stranger will say something about reaching reputation level 15 until you buy the promotion at level 15 for Order of Souls, then he will say something about rep 20.

Views
93 out of 187