[Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.

• @fast-bike94 said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@cokney-charmer so is the mixed pool pc players using controller and xbox players using controller?

No as Joe clarified in his reply, the "preference" will put Xbox and Controller only against Xbox and Controller players....which is how the opt out was described in January.

The other pool will have those who do not tick the preference, xbox K&M, PC Controller and PC K&M.

Two pools 1) Xbox Controller only 2) Everybody else

• @xultanis-dragon

they have muddled about and ignored the request to not force crossplay with PC, from the beta, to launch and till Janaury when they first announced opting out was happening till now, end of July when we got the first real update on it actually happening.

The experiment failed because SoT was the first to try it, Crackdown 3 was supposed to launch with it but was delayed into oblivion and now all this time since launch RARE have been unable to get true parity between the platforms so the need for the "preference" is happening.

If it worked it wouldnt be needed and as for prejudice against PC players, you arent a race of people, just a platform with natural advantages over another platform. You can mock and dismiss it however you wish, the factits finally happening just means I get what I want and you dont have to deal with anyone who doesnt want to play against PC.

Everybody gets what they want.

• Also, as a quick PSA of sorts...

It is redundant now to complain about it happening, it will go into testing before full role out and hopefully quickly to Adventure right after.

It is happening....complaining about it now will just be sour grapes, it is a preference and there for optional, if you don't want it and you play on Xbox just leave it un-ticked, and if you play on PC you will still have people to play with/against in both Arena and Adventure.

This just removes the genuine worry Xbox players had that it was never going to happen, but now its landing in Insiders...the path is finally laid out.

Happy gaming all

• @cokney-charmer
    This isn't the first game with forced Crossplay. It succeeded for minecraft (servers, not single player), and I don't know how good it's done on ff14, but that came out before sea of thieves

• @blazedrake100

Minecraft isn't Sea of Thieves
    FF XIV isn't Sea of Thieves

Simply listing games with crossplay does not prove "crossplay" can work for SoT, it does for them but doesn't for this game..if RARE had manage to achieve true parity and balance then it would be a different story, but they didn't and this is the solution they have to win back the Xbox playerbase that binned this game out of frustration.

Crossplay across platforms can work....it failed here.

• @blazedrake100 said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@cokney-charmer
    This isn't the first game with forced Crossplay. It succeeded for minecraft (servers, not single player), and I don't know how good it's done on ff14, but that came out before sea of thieves

FF 14 ARR is now 6 years old and a last gen game, and I'm pleased to say it works 100% fine, just as it does in Minecraft & Gears of war 4.

It's already worked fine before SOT. It's not some kind of mad scientists experiment.

I'm willing to put money on the table and say that when Xbox users get their hands on Scarlett with that SSD and improved graphics/fps, all the other complaints that aren't input based suddenly aren't a issue anymore.

Despite still playing with users on Xbox one.

I'm calling it now.

• @troubled-cells you do see the flaw in that logic though right....it means to get it to be more balanced, Microsoft had to build an entirely new generational console in order to bring SoT for Xbox in line with PC version......

• @cokney-charmer said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@troubled-cells you do see the flaw in that logic though right....it means to get it to be more balanced, Microsoft had to build an entirely new generational console in order to bring SoT for Xbox in line with PC version......

No flaw in logic here, I seriously doubt they are making Scarlett purely for the point you tried to make, if anything it points out the flaws in the logic of people arguing for opt out.

Console already has disparity in performance when you take PC out the picture. This will only increase with Scarlett.

I'm just saying if the opt out crowd want to argue performance, then at least be prepared to fall on your sword lol.

Microsoft are producing Scarlett due to the rest of the industry moving on, thus needing to compete with the likes of Sony Nintendo & Google, not to bring sea of thieves on par with PC, the suggestion is ludicrous.

It's a fact and just how it is.

• @troubled-cells no its more a case of you and others unhappy this is happening just trying to keep the argument going with flawed and imprecise logic.

1. those who wanted to not play against PC platform will now have the option.....so, that is that.
    2. PC Players unhappy with this decision go persuade your friends on Xbox, if you have too that is, to not use it.
    3. Examples of crossplay working on old, current or future games is redundant because it failed with SoT hence the move to make this "preference" happen finally
    4. Xbox Scarlett is well over 12 months away....this is a solution to an issue the game has had since launch and more so in the last 6 months alone. Saying "when Scarlet is there a lot of these issues wont matter" is again, redundant because a lot of these issues will be fixed once the preference to not play against PC and Xbox with K&M goes live for Arena and Adventure.
    5. No one here even suggested that Scarlett was being developed just to make Sea of Thieves balanced on console and PC......my reply to you was to try and make the light switch on in your head that when you mentioned Scarlet wiping out some of the issues for Opting out of Crossplay was to show that if it takes a new generational console to fix the parity issue RARE failed to resolve from the game's launch till now, it only shows why the gap in performance of both platforms requires an optional crossplay opt out option....but guessing that went over your head as you just want to keep the argument going.

The option to finally opt out of crossplay with PC for Xbox players on controller is looking more and more likely to happen, finally sooner rather than later.

Accept it, and happy gaming to you and all whatever their chosen platform is.

• @cokney-charmer said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@troubled-cells no its more a case of you and others unhappy this is happening just trying to keep the argument going with flawed and imprecise logic.

1. those who wanted to not play against PC platform will now have the option.....so, that is that.
    2. PC Players unhappy with this decision go persuade your friends on Xbox, if you have too that is, to not use it.
    3. Examples of crossplay working on old, current or future games is redundant because it failed with SoT hence the move to make this "preference" happen finally
    4. Xbox Scarlett is well over 12 months away....this is a solution to an issue the game has had since launch and more so in the last 6 months alone. Saying "when Scarlet is there a lot of these issues wont matter" is again, redundant because a lot of these issues will be fixed once the preference to not play against PC and Xbox with K&M goes live for Arena and Adventure.
    5. No one here even suggested that Scarlett was being developed just to make Sea of Thieves balanced on console and PC......my reply to you was to try and make the light switch on in your head that when you mentioned Scarlet wiping out some of the issues for Opting out of Crossplay was to show that if it takes a new generational console to fix the parity issue RARE failed to resolve from the game's launch till now, it only shows why the gap in performance of both platforms requires an optional crossplay opt out option....but guessing that went over your head as you just want to keep the argument going.

The option to finally opt out of crossplay with PC for Xbox players on controller is looking more and more likely to happen, finally sooner rather than later.

Accept it, and happy gaming to you and all whatever their chosen platform is.

Nah sorry mate, doesn't wash with me.

Answer me this, do you think that disparity of any kind is unacceptable on the Xbox console platforms ? Without a PC crossplay implementation scenario.

Yes or no?

• @troubled-cells it doesn't matter if it washes with you or not...its happening, accept it.

As for disparity between Xbox Consoles...as long as there are multiple versions or "tiered" consoles there always will be a disparity between playing on an OG Xbox One, Xbox One S or the Xbox One X. Visually, performance wise etc there is an accepted disparity in that regard.

But you are trying to make a point based on something that doesn't matter because this entire topic is about the disparity between Xbox One/S/X vs PC....always has been and always will be in terms of Crossplay between Xbox and PC.

Again you are desperately attempting to be "right" about something and it just simply no longer matters.

Crossplay is not dead on Sea of Thieves, but those on Xbox using a controller who do not want to play against K&M on either platform or against anything remotely PC related and all that comes with that, will and should be able too once this is implemented in the main game of Arena and then Adventure, both modes have PvP and both require a true parity to make it fair and balanced which has not happened since SoT launched and has only gotten so much worse in 2019.

You wont accept it, you wont ever like it and frankly, as I have said before, Im happy to give [mod edit] that you wont.

• @xultanis-dragon
    Uhhh...the outcry has been there since before release. There's been multiple mega threads, and 100's of individual threads. Testers were even talking about it before release. Many forum users were banned for getting too emotional on the topic. I myself have been advocating for crossplay for well over a year. Trying to suggest that the outcry is only recent is dishonest.

@Troubled-Cells
    Im not interested in waiting another 12 months to see if Rare can balance SoT on Scarlett. I'd like a solution now please.

When I buy my Scarlett, I will see what Rare does with SoT crossplay. If I can play a stock Xbox version running 30fps and 4k, I'll keep playing in the xbox controller pool. If rare decide to update the graphics, fps, etc, and force me into the open pool, i'll just plug the old Xbox in, and opt out.

Maybe @NatiRedGals was right, and the 'xbox live gold' being forced to play with 'non-gold' players was an issue? Either way, whatever criteria Rare wants to use for opt-out, I'm happy to meet the criteria. Anyone that wants to opt-out without meeting the criteria...
    ...Pound Silica Particles.

Unless Rare decides to backtrack, this will be my last post, happy saline sailing all.

@troubled-cells it doesn't matter if it washes with you or not...its happening, accept it.

As for disparity between Xbox Consoles...as long as there are multiple versions or "tiered" consoles there always will be a disparity between playing on an OG Xbox One, Xbox One S or the Xbox One X. Visually, performance wise etc there is an accepted disparity in that regard.

But you are trying to make a point based on something that doesn't matter because this entire topic is about the disparity between Xbox One/S/X vs PC....always has been and always will be in terms of Crossplay between Xbox and PC.

Again you are desperately attempting to be "right" about something and it just simply no longer matters.

Crossplay is not dead on Sea of Thieves, but those on Xbox using a controller who do not want to play against K&M on either platform or against anything remotely PC related and all that comes with that, will and should be able too once this is implemented in the main game of Arena and then Adventure, both modes have PvP and both require a true parity to make it fair and balanced which has not happened since SoT launched and has only gotten so much worse in 2019.

You wont accept it, you wont ever like it and frankly, as I have said before, Im happy [mod edit] that you wont.

So you do think any disparity on the console Eco system is acceptable.

That's what I got from it, correct me if I'm wrong on your opinion please.

Do you think SSD'S is a part of this advantage for PC? If so then why & how?

@blazedrake100

Simply listing games with crossplay does not prove "crossplay" can work for SoT, it does for them but doesn't for this game..if RARE had manage to achieve true parity and balance then it would be a different story, but they didn't and this is the solution they have to win back the Xbox playerbase that binned this game out of frustration.

But you said sea of thieves was the first forced Crossplay game. I was just disproving that

• @troubled-cells and you keep battling on....

god its tiring watching you and your ilk continue to grasp at straws to win a pointless game of rock paper Scissors, desperately trying to find something to dismiss the need for an opt out.

Current hardware and the currently planned solution of a crossplay opting out preference is what is relevant right now and in this discussion topic.

Xbox will not be changing the current hardware.......the next console will address that in around 14 months....so what you are trying to do has nothing to with the current situation that needs to be resolved and is being done so finally.

In my time playing this game since the alpha, beta, launch, pioneers to insiders and right now...my experience playing this game via crossplay has been frustrating. I have championed the need for optional crossplay since the beta and launch when it became obvious how imbalanced it was. I put the game down for months when the double gunning/hackers and modders ruined my time with this game after I hit PL.

I have been in this thread since it was made back in January and my point of view has not changed and in fact has only hardened that i do not want to play my Xbox games against those on PC. You can continue to try and find ways to justify your own opinion by bringing up tired arguments of hardware not making a difference, loading times not making a difference, framerates not making a difference, "just buy and use a K&M on your xbox and all will be well".......so much yawn.

My opinion is this and will always be this, Crossplay should ALWAYS be optional from console to PC, it is how every other game does it which features crossplay and the experiment in this case failed.

I do not care if you choose not to read fully what I posted here or previously, [mod edit] about why you feel so hurt by this decision to finally implement the "preference" and really bored with the need of several PC players continuously posting why this option is not required or may damage YOUR experience simply because you never [mod edit] about MY experience when that was spoiled constantly from a failed crossplay experiment.

It is happening, it is finally happening and I will be helping to make sure it is tested and implemented as quickly as possible.

• @blazedrake100 said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@cokney-charmer said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@blazedrake100

But you said sea of thieves was the first forced Crossplay game. I was just disproving that

First of the Xbox forced crossplay titles to bring an Xbox game to Windows 10 naturally in the hopes other Xbox games will follow suit......your examples are still not SoT and the comparison ends there and then my friend.

@blazedrake100 said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@cokney-charmer said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@blazedrake100

First of the Xbox forced crossplay titles to bring an Xbox game to Windows 10 naturally in the hopes other Xbox games will follow suit......your examples are still not SoT and the comparison ends there and then my friend.

Gears of war 4 in all modes with the exception of ranked.

@troubled-cells and you keep battling on....

god its tiring watching you and your ilk continue to grasp at straws to win a pointless game of rock paper Scissors, desperately trying to find something to dismiss the need for an opt out.

Current hardware and the currently planned solution of a crossplay opting out preference is what is relevant right now and in this discussion topic.

Xbox will not be changing the current hardware.......the next console will address that in around 14 months....so what you are trying to do has nothing to with the current situation that needs to be resolved and is being done so finally.

In my time playing this game since the alpha, beta, launch, pioneers to insiders and right now...my experience playing this game via crossplay has been frustrating. I have championed the need for optional crossplay since the beta and launch when it became obvious how imbalanced it was. I put the game down for months when the double gunning/hackers and modders ruined my time with this game after I hit PL.

I have been in this thread since it was made back in January and my point of view has not changed and in fact has only hardened that i do not want to play my Xbox games against those on PC. You can continue to try and find ways to justify your own opinion by bringing up tired arguments of hardware not making a difference, loading times not making a difference, framerates not making a difference, "just buy and use a K&M on your xbox and all will be well".......so much yawn.

My opinion is this and will always be this, Crossplay should ALWAYS be optional from console to PC, it is how every other game does it which features crossplay and the experiment in this case failed.

I do not care if you choose not to read fully what I posted here or previously, [mod edit] about why you feel so hurt by this decision to finally implement the "preference" and really bored with the need of several PC players continuously posting why this option is not required or may damage YOUR experience simply because you never [mod edit] about MY experience when that was spoiled constantly from a failed crossplay experiment.

It is happening, it is finally happening and I will be helping to make sure it is tested and implemented as quickly as possible.

That wasn't what I asked my friend.

What I am asking is ..

• @troubled-cells with the exception of ranked....cant imagine why that would have been....can you? ;)

Still doesn't mean the current SoT crossplay is working for everyone as hope now does it.

This is why you keep failing in putting your point across, using examples outside of SoT that neither help or change the current situation now does it?

What will, is the Xbox player ability to select the preference of opting out of plaing with/against PC payers and Xbox K&M......good job RARE are finally doing that then eh my friend.

Toodles and happy gaming....again....let it go.

@troubled-cells with the exception of ranked....cant imagine why that would have been....can you? ;)

Still doesn't mean the current SoT crossplay is working for everyone as hope now does it.

This is why you keep failing in putting your point across, using examples outside of SoT that neither help or change the current situation now does it?

What will, is the Xbox player ability to select the preference of opting out of plaing with/against PC payers and Xbox K&M......good job RARE are finally doing that then eh my friend.

Toodles and happy gaming....again....let it go.

The thing is you'll most likely be ranting again in 14 months time, or not depending on your console of choice.

But if you upgrade and have advantages over Xbox one players it's all good and fair in guessing ?

• @troubled-cells
    I often wonder if most players have seen xbox and xbox one x side by side.....

Its like night and day.
    My friend was playin on an og xbox1.
    I was on my xbox 1x with external.
    I can load into the game, get a full inventory, change the ship cosmetics, get on the boat and turn the lights off, and load the cannons before he gets into the game. Every time.

Im not even gonna mention the loading times from dying. Its insane what the difference is......

How come noone complains or wants a opt out from THIS situatuon. And its only gonna get worse with Scarlett.

• @troubled-cells said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

What I am asking is ..

Dog chasing it's tail.......

The current Xbox One architecture in all 3 versions can be seen as inferior to an average to high end PC rig. So if I said yes....that I believe SSD's are an advantage for PC.....what would your reply be, that loading times do not influence Player to Player or ship to ship combat. If I said no....would that somehow strengthen your resolve to champion that loading times make no difference to the platform divide?

Which answer would you prefer to have in this instance, when both answers ultimately make no difference with the implementation of the preference to opt out of crossplay actually starting.

I have given my reasons why I do not want to play with and against PC players in SoT, you either didn't read them, ignored them or didn't understand them and again and certainly for the last time....I do not care that you wont read or accept them.

• @troubled-cells I honestly do not expect SoT to even matter by the end of 2020, it is barely treading water and being noticed as it is.

Yes I will have the Scarlet and I still wont want to play with or against PC players. The imparity between consoles by the end of 2020 is something that MS and developers like RARE will have to take into account....but AGAIN...that is an issue for 2020, not 2019 and right now the problem is Xbox Vs PC, a solution right now has been offered and is being delivered so people NOW on Xbox can enjoy SoT the way they should always have been able to.

But you aint getting it, as expected, you just want to row and fight and act like your view is the only one that matters and all I am saying is...accept this is happening, what will happen 14 months away might actually learn from this moment of a "preference" to opt out of crossplay and as far as it goes for Xbox Scarlet vs 'Last Gen Xbox" well...that is Xbox and its developer studios to ratify between now and holidays 2020

@troubled-cells said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

What I am asking is ..

Dog chasing it's tail.......

The current Xbox One architecture in all 3 versions can be seen as inferior to an average to high end PC rig. So if I said yes....that I believe SSD's are an advantage for PC.....what would your reply be, that loading times do not influence Player to Player or ship to ship combat. If I said no....would that somehow strengthen your resolve to champion that loading times make no difference to the platform divide?

Which answer would you prefer to have in this instance, when both answers ultimately make no difference with the implementation of the preference to opt out of crossplay actually starting.

I have given my reasons why I do not want to play with and against PC players in SoT, you either didn't read them, ignored them or didn't understand them and again and certainly for the last time....I do not care that you wont read or accept them.

So on SSD'S...

For the current Xbox consoles, the effect isn't as great as PC, why ?

Only one, the limitation of the Bus speed you are connected to, USB.

PC the bus is either SATA or
    M.2, faster bus speeds.

Scarlett in my estimation is very likely to have a soldered on M.2 bus.

PC users have been told constantly they always 100% load in faster,In Theory yes this is the case I personally have had experiences sometimes that go against it, but for arguement sake let's say it is and it's nothing to do with back end programming.

What's suddenly going to happen to the Xbox only pool in 14 odd months time?

• @troubled-cells I refer you to my answer below your last post :)

@troubled-cells I refer you to my answer below your last post :)

And I refer you to mine my friend.

I will take it I can rely on the same complaints in 14 months then regarding load times, spawn camping etc?

Next time though you won't have the PC player base to point at, I can assure you.

It's basic hardware knowledge at the end of the day, there's no if's or but's about it.

Unless of course there was credence to my suspicion of the back end not being optimal , shock horror lol.

• @troubled-cells knowledge is one thing, implementing it is another...which is why we are in this mess into year 2 of SoT.

You can ramble off connection types and component specs all you like....doesn't change current situation. Looking ahead 14 months also doesn't help the current situation.

The bottom line is and this is genuinely the last reply cos going round in circles is boring......some people on Xbox just do not want to play their games with/against PC players which is something that will probably not change this or next generation of hardware.

PC Players in this thread really need to accept that, it is a reality that if RARE had been able to get everything balanced and lets face it, they have had MORE than enough time to do it, at this stage the sensible option to bring Xbox players who have already dropped the game or just intimidated by playing against PC players with natural advantages over them, back to the game...better to do it now and see if the game can be more than just something buried in the Xbox Game Pass.

on that note...Im out till the next update on this "preference"

@troubled-cells knowledge is one thing, implementing it is another...which is why we are in this mess into year 2 of SoT.

You can ramble off connection types and component specs all you like....doesn't change current situation. Looking ahead 14 months also doesn't help the current situation.

I ain't trying to change your mind, but just explain to you the inevitable and why, from a IT technicians perspective.

And this is my point, it comes down to one of two things, either it was the specs all along, and you are right, if that's the case you will 100% see differences again just like you currently do when Scarlett hits the shelves, as this isn't actually coded in the game In the way people think, and will just happen ( this is why I suggest respawn timers by the lowest common hardware denominator) many many other Xbox games already prove this with loading times etc on different xbox's The only parameters that would be is some graphics settings to a extent, depending if they themselves are locked or variable, like FPS resolution etc this is possible.

Or secondly there is credence to my suggestion of poor back end coding,servers and other optimisation, which is needed for ALL platforms.

One of the above is the correct answer according to most opt out users here. I actually think it's a bit of both, but the bottom line is you will never be free from disparity in some form. With the exception of the end user just having a poor internet connection.

But I'm certain the same crowd won't be rallying for seperate Scarlett servers, choosing to dig their heads In the sand ...

Seeing as some here love sand so much.

• @troubled-cells please do not assume yours is the only one based on IT experience, the only difference is you are so wildly trying to find anything to show why this preference shouldn't happen.

As someone in IT, you will know that dealing with a problem as it right now is very important and if you can find and use a solution to protect the issue from happening again you would use it.

Also, looking to the future as you are is all hypothetical right now as we do not know what plans MS have for new to last gen gaming over Xbox LIVE via consoles nor do we know what RARE has planned for this game going towards the end of 2020.

So for now, do that...focus on the here and now and this decision which is finally happening solves a problem for many Xbox players...which is crucial to the survival of this game. You as a PC player will still play the game as you are, players like me on Xbox who cant...will be given the chance to do so..hopefully.

Do kindly accept that and not break off into "what may or may not happen 14 months from now" or overthink the hardware issue that cannot be changed at this moment in time across any current Xbox Consoles.....the Preference is needed, been asked for, been begged for and is happening.

What I will agree with you on, is that the problem is certainly a case of hardware limitations on console compared to PC an inadequate coding in many areas of the game which cause multiple problems including the widely abused double gunning on PC to the "tucking" that emote animations can place your body in where you almost become invisible leading to imo a very toxic way some people choose to play SoT

• If the crossplay system works the way they designed it to I am more than satisfied with this system.

• @fast-bike94 It does give you the warning I suspect enough people will use the function that the failsafe wont be much of an issue

@troubled-cells please do not assume yours is the only one based on IT experience, the only difference is you are so wildly trying to find anything to show why this preference shouldn't happen.

As someone in IT, you will know that dealing with a problem as it right now is very important and if you can find and use a solution to protect the issue from happening again you would use it.

Also, looking to the future as you are is all hypothetical right now as we do not know what plans MS have for new to last gen gaming over Xbox LIVE via consoles nor do we know what RARE has planned for this game going towards the end of 2020.

So for now, do that...focus on the here and now and this decision which is finally happening solves a problem for many Xbox players...which is crucial to the survival of this game. You as a PC player will still play the game as you are, players like me on Xbox who cant...will be given the chance to do so..hopefully.

Do kindly accept that and not break off into "what may or may not happen 14 months from now" or overthink the hardware issue that cannot be changed at this moment in time across any current Xbox Consoles.....the Preference is needed, been asked for, been begged for and is happening.

What I will agree with you on, is that the problem is certainly a case of hardware limitations on console compared to PC an inadequate coding in many areas of the game which cause multiple problems including the widely abused double gunning on PC to the "tucking" that emote animations can place your body in where you almost become invisible leading to imo a very toxic way some people choose to play SoT

I agree wholeheartedly that changes should be made to remedy the situation now, I just personally think there is other ways to make the experience better for more people that could potentially future proof some issues regardless of hardware that haven't been tried and are achievable using the insider environment.

I've listed many of them in these pages with several Xbox players who have agreed with some.

All it comes down to is that I think rare can do much much better.

If people want to ignore foresight be my guest, but it's been confirmed the next Xbox is using a SSD which will double as virtual ram like a page file for example, and will be fully backwards compatible.

If people won't think it makes a difference as is I think they are In for a suprise personally.

Especially when the competition is touting tech demos showing where they wish to take load times for last gen games on next gen hardware, Microsoft won't ignore that and are highly likely to respond.

• @troubled-cells

If Scarlett is far superior when it launches, I'm sure Microsoft will have a plan for it with Xbox live as they want to still sell previous models at cheaper cost to users..

But all this is well over a year away and pointless speculating about in this thread.

Opt is is getting closer and I can't wait to put the ridiculous X-Play experiment behind me and tick that box.

• @needsmokes said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@troubled-cells

If Scarlett is far superior when it launches, I'm sure Microsoft will have a plan for it with Xbox live as they want to still sell previous models at cheaper cost to users..

At that point they will probably reduce the price of the one x. Especially with a influx of trade ins.

Sales are already down by 48% I think overall compared to last year on overall Xbox sales. This info was released in the last few weeks.

Forbes article

People already know to wait.

I really don't see this gens Xbox models picking up in sales again even if it is cheap, I can already get a one s for £130 with at least 12 months warranty.

If the previous gens are anything to go by there won't be any downgrades to how games work on Xbox live via backwards compatibility because of outdated hardware, they've already shown they prefer to improve games via backwards compatibility instead, including loading.

• @Cokney-Charmer it doesn't look good when you avoid questions. Makes you look like a crooked politician.

Like @Troubled-Cells said, if you guys are fighting over disparity then why aren't you guys falling on your swords? All 3 consoles have disparity. If its negligible then why cant PC players play with controllers. Not everyone has a high end PC first off. No one i know has one. Console community tells PC not to generalize but you guys always generalize PC players as having $20000000 rigs or god level skill. That's just weak sauce

Views
3005 out of 3601