[Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.

• @troubled-cells said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@pomalotacusmk3 said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@muffinstuffingu
    If it makes no difference, then theres no problem locking everyone to og xbox/minimum pc 30fps.

I never said it makes no difference. But to rule out the option of a performance mode when you can't even back the claim up with logical comparisons is contradictory on your part.

And yet you refuse to explore performance options in the interest of consoles to achieve that sweet 60 FPS which is your complaint , but are willing to explore them for pc for 30fps, just as I have in the opposite manner to achieve 60fps on a lower setting. I lowered my water detail (which actually helps you see approaching players clearer) and my lighting detail to the lowest setting. This boosted the frame rate dramatically reaching over 60fps, but I opted for the 60 FPS cap to avoid screen tearing. Ask rare to do the same on console at 1080p or 900p and I would put money on it that they can achieve it. Unless of course you don't want 60fps on console to suit your backwards narrative ;)

So much for choice and compromise on your behalf then.

I rest my case lol

Sorry, i never said i wanted 60fps. I said you needed to be locked to 30fps to get access to my server, along with those other changes i mentioned.

If those changes cant be made, i have no interest supporting input based servers. Thanks rare for the incoming xbox controller servers ;)

Edit: The compromise has been pointed out...fix those advantages i keep pointing out, and im happy to sail the same input based servers as you. If you want to keep said advantages, i want to keep xbox controller servers.

• @pomalotacusmk3 said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@troubled-cells said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@pomalotacusmk3 said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@muffinstuffingu
    If it makes no difference, then theres no problem locking everyone to og xbox/minimum pc 30fps.

I never said it makes no difference. But to rule out the option of a performance mode when you can't even back the claim up with logical comparisons is contradictory on your part.

And yet you refuse to explore performance options in the interest of consoles to achieve that sweet 60 FPS which is your complaint , but are willing to explore them for pc for 30fps, just as I have in the opposite manner to achieve 60fps on a lower setting. I lowered my water detail (which actually helps you see approaching players clearer) and my lighting detail to the lowest setting. This boosted the frame rate dramatically reaching over 60fps, but I opted for the 60 FPS cap to avoid screen tearing. Ask rare to do the same on console at 1080p or 900p and I would put money on it that they can achieve it. Unless of course you don't want 60fps on console to suit your backwards narrative ;)

So much for choice and compromise on your behalf then.

I rest my case lol

Sorry, i never said i wanted 60fps. I said you needed to be locked to 30fps to get access to my server, along with those other changes i mentioned.

If those changes cant be made, i have no interest supporting input based servers. Thanks rare for the incoming xbox controller servers ;)

Edit: The compromise has been pointed out...fix those advantages i keep pointing out, and im happy to sail the same input based servers as you. If you want to keep said advantages, i want to keep xbox controller servers.

Some of these changes I actually agreed with you on if you care to go back and read.

Thanks for confirming exactly what I thought though.

You can't expect compromise on every complaint you have when you aren't even willing yourself, especially when it resolves one of your main complaints and gives you the choice. It's a two way street. And that's why the reasoning of your logic is contradictory. Especially after complaining about 60fps then saying you don't want it.

Cheers.

• @troubled-cells said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@muffinstuffingu said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@troubled-cells
    Yes, im driving the platform narrative. There are many small differences that all stack up to make a large difference. An xbox x player using kbm will still be at a disadvantage to a pc kbm player, just like an Xbox controller user will still be at a disadvantage to a pc controller user. If the xbox is already running at max effort, then rare has made the right decision splitting like this.

It is up to players like yourself to push rare into nerfing the pc version(points 1,2,3 and 5) and buffing the xbox version(point 4). This would remove nearly all differences, with kbm/controller servers being the only divide in players. If you cant understand that all the little things do add up to differences, we arent going to find common ground im afraid.

I would be willing to compromise and support input servers instead of platform servers, but likewise, you would have to compromise and support nerfing the pc version down to xbox level.>
    Edit: You did say to buy a kbm. If you believe hotkeys and chat are invalid points because kbm support is coming, thats your own way of saying 'buy a kbm'. Otherwise you would agree that its a valid point.

Controllers have macros they are called programmable remotes (had one for my N64 they are that old lol) it will record a series of button presses and let you play it back with 1 button press

And they can be detected, just as they can on PC , it's a bannable offense.

And rightly so.

Not true multiple people i know have been using it for 2+ years with no bans it would just send the same signal as you pressing the buttons yourself (as far as i know) and i assume why the people i mentioned have not been banned in 2 year with constant use of it m&kb support being added to console the debate should be over they fixed it.

• @muffinstuffingu said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@troubled-cells said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@muffinstuffingu said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@troubled-cells
    Yes, im driving the platform narrative. There are many small differences that all stack up to make a large difference. An xbox x player using kbm will still be at a disadvantage to a pc kbm player, just like an Xbox controller user will still be at a disadvantage to a pc controller user. If the xbox is already running at max effort, then rare has made the right decision splitting like this.

It is up to players like yourself to push rare into nerfing the pc version(points 1,2,3 and 5) and buffing the xbox version(point 4). This would remove nearly all differences, with kbm/controller servers being the only divide in players. If you cant understand that all the little things do add up to differences, we arent going to find common ground im afraid.

I would be willing to compromise and support input servers instead of platform servers, but likewise, you would have to compromise and support nerfing the pc version down to xbox level.>
    Edit: You did say to buy a kbm. If you believe hotkeys and chat are invalid points because kbm support is coming, thats your own way of saying 'buy a kbm'. Otherwise you would agree that its a valid point.

Controllers have macros they are called programmable remotes (had one for my N64 they are that old lol) it will record a series of button presses and let you play it back with 1 button press

And rightly so.

Not true multiple people i know have been using it for 2+ years with no bans it would just send the same signal as you pressing the buttons yourself (as far as i know) and i assume why the people i mentioned have not been banned with m&kb support being added to console the debate should be over they fixed it.

So then how comes macros have options to edit the timings between input? The inputs can be monitored as the server is receiving them. Suspicious activity is flagged in some games when exact patterns with identical timings occur. If rare don't have this implemented via a automated monitoring algorithm, we should provide appropriate feedback to encourage it. After all their own rules state that it is a offense punishable via a ban.

If you suspect macro usage I would also encourage people to raise a support ticket with rare, I get the feeling not enough people do this and instead come to the forums to rant. They can definitely investigate manually.

All you have to do is provide the users gamertag and the approximate time the incident occured, video footage can also help as they accept this.

• @troubled-cells macros don't provide a substantial advantage -- Barrel 2.0, weapon wield animations, and more have all significantly reduced their use cases until now they basically can't do anything that a player can't do just as fast. I'm not concerned about them, and I don't know many informed xbox players who are concerned either. PomalotacusMk3 didn't reference them (though I'm not quite sure what he meant by "hotkeys").

• @vorondil1 said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@troubled-cells macros don't provide a substantial advantage -- Barrel 2.0, weapon wield animations, and more have all significantly reduced their use cases until now they basically can't do anything that a player can't do just as fast. I'm not concerned about them, and I don't know many informed xbox players who are concerned either. PomalotacusMk3 didn't reference them (though I'm not quite sure what he meant by "hotkeys").

I disagree with macros, personally I think users should be banned as per the rules.

His reference to hotkeys is that for example with a keyboard you can push a single button for access to a inventory item instead of using the radial.

Thing is , if servers were based on input which I propose, controller players wont be faced with this.

So in my arguement it really does become a non issue.

• @vorondil1 said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@troubled-cells macros don't provide a substantial advantage -- Barrel 2.0, weapon wield animations, and more have all significantly reduced their use cases until now they basically can't do anything that a player can't do just as fast. I'm not concerned about them, and I don't know many informed xbox players who are concerned either. PomalotacusMk3 didn't reference them (though I'm not quite sure what he meant by "hotkeys").

I was just saying if you macro something then assign it to that extra key it will work as a hotkey if it breaks ToS i dont wanna name the company but it's very well known brand even if all of that he mentions was met I'm guessing he would just move the goal post and find something else

• @muffinstuffingu said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@vorondil1 said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

I was just saying if you macro something then assign it to that extra key it will work as a hotkey if it breaks ToS i dont wanna name the company but it's very well known brand even if all of that he mentions was met I'm guessing he would just move the goal post and find something else

I know what you are saying , but the instructions received by the server end is still the programmed string of Individual keys with timings, not a singular hot key.

I also suspect the brand's you are on about, one brand I use even packs the function In with its provided software.

@troubled-cells

And rightly so.

Not true multiple people i know have been using it for 2+ years with no bans it would just send the same signal as you pressing the buttons yourself (as far as i know) and i assume why the people i mentioned have not been banned with m&kb support being added to console the debate should be over they fixed it.

So then how comes macros have options to edit the timings between input? The inputs can be monitored as the server is receiving them. Suspicious activity is flagged in some games when exact patterns with identical timings occur. If rare don't have this implemented via a automated monitoring algorithm, we should provide appropriate feedback to encourage it. After all their own rules state that it is a offense punishable via a ban.

If you suspect macro usage I would also encourage people to raise a support ticket with rare, I get the feeling not enough people do this and instead come to the forums to rant. They can definitely investigate manually.

All you have to do is provide the users gamertag and the approximate time the incident occured, video footage can also help as they accept this.

I have no clue it don't change the fact
    Multiple people i personally know have been using it for 2+ years across multiple games (many FPS including fortnite) with no bans the detection system must not work that great or the system for macro use on controllers are to good to detect and Microsoft is to lazy to keep up with it i imagine it's hard for a player to know if someone is macroing rather than just pressing buttons fast

@troubled-cells

And rightly so.

I have no clue it don't change the fact
    Multiple people i personally know have been using it for 2+ years across multiple games (many FPS including fortnite) with no bans the detection system must not work that great or the system for macro use on controllers are to good to detect and Microsoft is to lazy to keep up with it i imagine it's hard for a player to know if someone is macroing rather than just pressing buttons fast

Which is why reports should be made for investigation.

The games your friends play, it might not be against the terms of service to use them.

But with SOT we know for sure you can get banned.

Let's just hope your friends dont bump in to me on the seas lol

• @muffinstuffingu 😂😂😂😂
    Your so funny!!
    Well I guess most console players are just no good at the game lol
    Ohh everyone on console who know about the pc advantage/ disturbance apparently you are all cry babies because muffinstuffing says so! Lol how immature of you to say such things of people, especially those who seek the devs to fix problems in the game, not their skill set.
    Bout time you exit the forums and allow the adults to do the talking. Oh wait did I miss something here?? Is this where I vent at you and you vent at me🤔
    Nope this is where real problems get addressed for the game to evolve.
    Oh by the way muffin if you ever want me to prove to you this is an issue I’m more then happy to gather the best of the best on the sea of thieves and take you through the steps of what is messing it up for console players. But I’m sure you don’t want to be proven wrong nor do you? Your here to attempt to debunk others by trying to have the best argument. Come out with us and sail, infact I’m happy to take anyone out and show them exactly what happens when pc interacts or is just within seeing distance of a console player. I can call it before it happens mate. That’s because I have proof and want to play a game I enjoy just like the rest of us. So stop your whatever this is and sail into the truth.
    Oh that’s right you can’t handle the truth or is it you just don’t want to loose your advantage as a pc player 😂😂🤣

• @jellyfishapod2 said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@muffinstuffingu 😂😂😂😂
    Your so funny!!
    Ohh everyone on console who know about the pc advantage/ disturbance apparently you are all cry babies because muffinstuffing says so! Lol how immature of you to say such things of people, especially those who seek the devs to fix problems in the game, not their skill set.
    Bout time you exit the forums and allow the adults to do the talking. Oh wait did I miss something here?? Is this where I vent at you and you vent at me🤔
    Oh by the way muffin if you ever want me to prove to you this is an issue I’m more then happy to gather the best of the best on the sea of thieves and take you through the steps of what is messing it up for console players. But I’m sure you don’t want to be proven wrong nor do you? Your here to attempt to debunk others by trying to have the best argument. Come out with us and sail, infact I’m happy to take anyone out and show them exactly what happens when pc interacts or is just within seeing distance of a console player. I can call it before it happens mate. That’s because I have proof and want to play a game I enjoy just like the rest of us. So stop your whatever this is and sail into the truth.
    Oh that’s right you can’t handle the truth or is it you just don’t want to loose your advantage as a pc player 😂😂🤣

I will happily sail with you, i play on both platforms, and realise what issues there are / was.

I am also more than happy to provide legitimate solutions to these issues that do not involve splitting the player base by platform. As seen multiple times in this thread.

• @jellyfishapod2 For one making fun of someone for being negative, you are an extremely condescending person and probably should fix that issue.

• @jellyfishapod2 said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

you just don’t want to loose your advantage as a pc player 😂😂🤣

I'm sorry if this seems like a barrage of mentions, friend, but I just want to flag this as something I'm REAL tired of. Even if you're correct about the facts of the matter, I'm confident that you're capable of conveying that without assuming and insulting the intentions/motivations of everyone who disagrees with you.

Also, I'd love to start seeing some source references. You've mentioned "thousands" of friends participating in a test, you've mentioned 60 software engineers of "high regard" participating in a test, and more -- yet I've never seen a reference to so much as one other person who can back you up. Links to outside sources of any kind would be much appreciated.

• Soooo...can I opt out yet?

@jellyfishapod2 said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

you just don’t want to loose your advantage as a pc player 😂😂🤣

I'm sorry if this seems like a barrage of mentions, friend, but I just want to flag this as something I'm REAL tired of. Even if you're correct about the facts of the matter, I'm confident that you're capable of conveying that without assuming and insulting the intentions/motivations of everyone who disagrees with you.

Also, I'd love to start seeing some source references. You've mentioned "thousands" of friends participating in a test, you've mentioned 60 software engineers of "high regard" participating in a test, and more -- yet I've never seen a reference to so much as one other person who can back you up. Links to outside sources of any kind would be much appreciated.

I suspect it doesn't exist, as I mentioned before , those testers would have signed NDA's , it would be extremely stupid to put those people at risk that he knows and I can imagine they wouldn't be to thrilled either because he would have clearly broken their trust.

@muffinstuffingu 😂😂😂😂
    Your so funny!!

First of all i play mostly on console and it wasn't just me who basically called people who complain about advantage crybabies it was the devs when they said "a feeling of a even playing field" i have yet to see you make a post with any kind of constructive criticism beside OMG devs i got proof super secret proof but im not telling any of you but OMG its super secret and cool and true trust me and thanks but i will not exit the fourms as i have the facts and evidence on my side and have yet to be rebutted and i appreciate your offer to sail with you but i only play with adults i don't like squeaky children screaming in my ear about hacks and advantage instead of playing the game I'm sorry I think it's you who cant handle the truth that you're just not that good as you think and people don't need any kind of advantage to beat you

• @muffinstuffingu okay you keep telling yourself all that dude.... Update on the opt out will be happing before the April 30th Update.
    Not sure what you mean by I’m not that good as I think I am, seems just about everyone I play with has a completely different opinion I guess the majority rules hey. Seems in more situations then just this one. Bye bye now and happy sailing for all the console players.
    Not sure if you had an invite from me?? I’m more then happy to take you out and prove everything to you. I have pc friends that are happy to assist. Oh and it’s okay if your pc we can show you the proof to. But like everyone else we invite out you all go quiet and never take us up on our invites. Clearly your not interested in seeing what all the actual issues are, instead you just wine and carry on here and do your very best to try debunk what’s going on out on the seas. With all the effort you have put in here you could have helped by getting involved with issues at hand, now that would have been constructive. But I must thank you so much because it’s people like You who actually help Keep 😌 this topic in the Spotlight and you don’t even realize it. So from me and all the other Genuine players of SOT we thank you. Good day now 😁

• @muffinstuffingu Oh bye the way Sqeakers?? Really??
    You want to talk about being an adult?
    Okay how about you act like an adult put aside your anger and approach this situation as an Adult and sail with us Mature adults and just openly and honestly see what it’s all about. Can you Be a grown adult on this situation?
    The offer is always refused by those who don’t want to see and be involved with the true experiences of what the majority is talking about. Your correct in some ways I can not hand you over the evidence on forums NDA but I do offer you the evidence first hand so you can experience it. Now there’s no NDA on sailing and experiencing situations.
    Come on mate just admit you won’t sail with us because you will be proven wrong. If you could prove us wrong I’m deff man enough to admit it if it were the case but it’s not.
    I hope you either Sail with us or keep responding to this thread as it really is healthy to have it in the spotlight.
    Oh one other thing, I won’t mock you nor will I post anything about our sailing experience once you understand, so you don’t have to worry about those immature antics.
    Cheers again Muffin

• @j0n3sey The devs mentioned briefly that it will be available before the April 30th update.
    That all the info we have on the opt out right now.

• @pomalotacusmk3 Driving this platform narrative is the only solution. You are absolutely correct with all the advantages big or small they add up! We were astounded 😳 with what we found.... looking for the obvious things led us to Learning far more then we bargained for and it was disheartening. It’s a very long list and can be rather confusing wich is why I do understand people actually having a different opinion about this. The only way is to take people out and get them involved with the things that occur ( giving explanations ) and show them what creates the problems and what people use or unknowingly use to counter some of them. From the start all we set out to do is find the truth and then find ways to counter the abnormalities. Unfortunately it’s weighing the scales in favor of certain platforms. To be honest it’s very simple- the more modern and up to date your system is the better your chances are of having minimal issues. And an Xbox cannot compete with a PC. Unfortunately it’s that’s obvious.
    Anyway the Opt out has been said by the devs to be available before the April 30th update.
    This will have the consoles only experiencing the normal stuff that most other games show, like the slightest bit of server lag wich is actually tolerable in almost all cases. We will no longer see the mechanics been disrupted and unable to actually use the controls in real time. It’s Time for console players to experience just how great this game really is!!
    Think your hooked now?? Just wait till your game runs normal!!!

@muffinstuffingu okay you keep telling yourself all that dude.... Update on the opt out will be happing before the April 30th Update.
    Not sure what you mean by I’m not that good as I think I am, seems just about everyone I play with has a completely different opinion I guess the majority rules hey. Seems in more situations then just this one. Bye bye now and happy sailing for all the console players.
    Not sure if you had an invite from me?? I’m more then happy to take you out and prove everything to you. I have pc friends that are happy to assist. Oh and it’s okay if your pc we can show you the proof to. But like everyone else we invite out you all go quiet and never take us up on our invites. Clearly your not interested in seeing what all the actual issues are, instead you just wine and carry on here and do your very best to try debunk what’s going on out on the seas. With all the effort you have put in here you could have helped by getting involved with issues at hand, now that would have been constructive. But I must thank you so much because it’s people like You who actually help Keep 😌 this topic in the Spotlight and you don’t even realize it. So from me and all the other Genuine players of SOT we thank you. Good day now 😁

Yes i think this outing with you would be like tagging along with a guy who says bigfoot is real and has proof it's very stupid and a waste of your time.

And how would you prove this to me just tell everyone here your super secret proof or do i need to have top level government clearance and be sworn into the MIB and only then you can tell me and then you can show me the UFO that crash landed at roswell that would be cool

Your not under any NDA you would have already been booted from the fourms as what your speaking of would break that NDA

• I'm just worried about the game dying on PC, since the majority of players come from Xbox.

@pomalotacusmk3 Driving this platform narrative is the only solution. You are absolutely correct with all the advantages big or small they add up! We were astounded 😳 with what we found.... looking for the obvious things led us to Learning far more then we bargained for and it was disheartening. It’s a very long list and can be rather confusing wich is why I do understand people actually having a different opinion about this. The only way is to take people out and get them involved with the things that occur ( giving explanations ) and show them what creates the problems and what people use or unknowingly use to counter some of them. From the start all we set out to do is find the truth and then find ways to counter the abnormalities. Unfortunately it’s weighing the scales in favor of certain platforms. To be honest it’s very simple- the more modern and up to date your system is the better your chances are of having minimal issues. And an Xbox cannot compete with a PC. Unfortunately it’s that’s obvious.
    Anyway the Opt out has been said by the devs to be available before the April 30th update.
    This will have the consoles only experiencing the normal stuff that most other games show, like the slightest bit of server lag wich is actually tolerable in almost all cases. We will no longer see the mechanics been disrupted and unable to actually use the controls in real time. It’s Time for console players to experience just how great this game really is!!
    Think your hooked now?? Just wait till your game runs normal!!!

And yet you still provide zero evidence with your claims / accusations

You already broke the NDA

Might as well go all in now right ?

For the second time I will happily sail with you, so you can mention to me your complaints , to which I will give you legitimate solutions that dont require platform division.

Edit: I have added you on XBL, feel free to accept and return a request in kind.

• I should be more oriented to the type of controller that you use. I am a PC player with command and play with console players, and if Xbox players enter with a keyboard.It would be the same problem

• @muffinstuffingu Wow just WOW!
    Just go to bed kid.

@muffinstuffingu Wow just WOW!
    Just go to bed kid.

So you going to accept my offer so that we can discuss issues after sailing ?

Or are you going to continue to ignore them?

• Personally, I feel there's enough diversity in larger crews that the difference won't be as great as some believe. If you want to play with your PC friend, you gotta allow crossplay. As a bonus, a larger crew with half PC/Xbox can still function well so long as roles are assigned appropriately.

Time will tell, but I'm pretty hopeful for this one. Most of the folks I know who want controller-only servers prefer to play either solo or in smaller crews, which makes a lot of sense. If you're fighting a crew larger than your own, you really do need to be smarter, faster and more accurate.

• Amen..... Arrrrrrrrr!

@muffinstuffingu Wow just WOW!
    Just go to bed kid.

Well unlike you i don't have a bed time because I'm not a child. I think you better have your mommy tuck you into bed your getting cranky without your nap.

• Opt-in has been delayed :)

With the stock response of "not working how we intended"

I find it strange how they spotlighted how it is coming to arena first , it's a bit odd.

Would be nice if they could go in to specifics about what they are dealing with

Opt-in has been delayed :)

I find it strange how they spotlighted how it is coming to arena first , it's a bit odd.

I imagine its easy to tell the platform you're on i bet they are doing imput based matchmaking and having trouble telling KB&M vs controller. Thats my guess

Opt-in has been delayed :)

I imagine its easy to tell the platform you're on i bet they are doing imput based matchmaking and having trouble telling KB&M vs controller. Thats my guess

If they can separate controller from keyboard and mouse on console ( same as pc architecture) then they can deploy those same techniques for pc, literally remove the API for K+M for controller only sessions on both pc and console.

• I understand a lot of the complaints, but I also see players complain anytime they die is due to a PC player.. when in fact it was another xbox player using a controller.

Regardless, the separating of m/kb from controller will not work as they want. Players will still use m/kb on xbox while being put into the xbox controller only category.

Look at R6:Siege for console. You are not allowed to use m/kb in it, yet people get around this easily. So while some complain it's not an equal playing field due to precision, you can easily purchase a m/kb for console.

Then those complaining PC has better load times.. I've seen it PC players load faster and slower than console. My load times vary, and I'll load in slower than console friends just as many times as they load in slower than me.

As for splitting the playerbase, it's up to Rare on the choice. I disagree. Keep it arena only. Definitely good for arena. But open world gameplay needs the playerbase. Splitting it will be felt unless they change server priorities on the back end.

• The option for Xbox players needs to be added asap. People can agree to disagree on what advantages PC players have, but I for one am not playing until this option is added. Then I will judge for myself if it's just better players or unfair equipment/software advantages. I want to thank the devs for listening, now it's time to act.

Views
2336 out of 3601