Voice chat issue Fix Found USB Mics Do Not Work.

• Okay so I don't know 100% if people already had found this out or not but I don't believe so because I have been scrounging the forums looking for an answer my self.

So a lot of people may know that voice chat in the game is broken for like half the people who play with no answers as to why and the devs gave a fix that doesn't work for 50% of the people including me.

I am using a Steel Series Siberia 150 gaming headset which is USB not a Line In style headset. After multiple attempts to get my 150 to work I took my older Steel series headset out which WAS a Line In style headset with both a headset and microphone plug and the chat worked 100% fine. I tested this by going back and forth between both headsets and the Line In never gave me issues, my 150 had the latest drivers installed also.

I believe the game doesn't support or work with USB style headsets for whatever reason beats me but this should be fixed ASAP. I hope this helps a lot of people if you have a USB headset you're probably gonna have to wait this out. Hope this helps.

Views
  • @schleemboy Hey there. Sorry to hear you are having issues.

Try this first: https://support.seaofthieves.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115012749647-Windows-10-Audio-Chat

If it doesn't help, raise a support ticket: https://support.seaofthieves.com/hc/en-gb/requests/new

I am using a USB headset and don't have any issues, so the game definitely supports it.

• @schleemboy I use a USB headset with no issues.

• @schleemboy Hi

I'm using a steelseries siberia 350 Headset usb and I can't hear nor speak with people in game. I do have the game sound but not the players.
    Discord works, my voice chat in SoT works if i'm using my native pc mic.
    Drivers updated
    Settings of Xbox check
    Settings of Win10 check
    Settings of Microsoft account check (lan an online)
    SoT allowed to use my mic

I've try each solutions offered by Rare (see below), I opened a ticket, tried the solutions of the support, opened a SECOND ticket when theses solutions didn't worked and I received today the exact same answer I had for the first ticket.

I'm a bit desperate, anyone have something new to try ?

the answer of the support :

#############

Fix #1
    Check your Microphone is listed as the default device.

1. Right click the speaker icon found in the taskbar
    2. Select Sounds
    3. Select Recording
    4. Right click your desired Microphone and select Set as Default Device
    5. Right click the desired Microphone and select Properties
    6. Select Levels
    7. Insure the Headset Microphone level is set to the desired value
    8. Select Apply then OK
    9. Talk into your microphone at this point to insure the microphone itself is working

If the Microphone is not outputting any audio please make sure it is not muted, should this not be the case please refer to your Microphone / Headset manufacturer.

Fix #2
    Check you have allowed Sea of Thieves access to your microphone

1. Press the Windows Key
    2. Type in Privacy
    3. Select Microphone
    4. Insure Sea of Thieves has access to your microphone

Fix #3

Head to the below URL

Select Privacy and online safety
    Insure the settings allow for online communication

Fix #4
    Press the Windows Key
    Type in Xbox
    Select Settings
    Scroll down to Microphone
    Insure the correct Microphone is listed on the drop down menu

Fix #5
    Press the Windows Key
    Type in Apps and Features
    Select Sea of Thieves
    Select Advanced Options
    Select Reset

If the above does not work, please disconnect and reconnect your headset, check your drivers are up to date, and ensure all other programs that may use your microphone are closed down.

#############

• @xcalypt0x Hey, my usb mic (hyperX quadcast) used to work when i played SOT, but recently 2days after i bought it on steam it stopped working :/

Views
1 out of 5