Streamers

• So, we all should know that sea of thieves recently has become very popular amongst streamers, with Sumit1g Starting it and now drdisrespect and Timthetatman, hopping on it really is a great thing, with all the views as well as new players joining its defiantly increasing the lifespan of the game. But with the new streamers i think its become apparent that the new players have brought with them a wave of toxicity that i feel a lot of the hardcore fans are really disliking.

The issue is, is that most of these streamers arriving have a very divided community that arnt the best of people but can be, they also can be very toxic, and i mean very. Furthermore when looking at what the streamers play, most are from Fortnite, which as well all know are very, toxic to say the least, and most are kids, so its very hard now especially since the community im saying is increasingly bigger, to hold it very close and nice amongst us. And what was once a very calming sea has become one what was envisioned from the title of it, its full of players who are willing to risk it all to earn a couple coins and ruin other peoples day.

Benefits of streamers:
    More players
    Gets the game out there
    Increases rares public image (Very good for the game and company)
    And i imagine more but thats all i can think of

Negatives of the streamer wave:
    quite a bit of toxicity
    arguments between the devs and the streamers
    Kids(And by this i mean kids that get the game cause ninjas got it and dont really understand then complain about it and cry basically because they couldnt get their castaway sold)
    The community is getting more divided

I do believe streamers are a good thing for the sea, but i dont think its good for the community, as there will be a big divide now between og players and ones who joined recently. These people are the ones who complain and argue that everyone should get time limited cosmetics after they're time on sale has gone.

good but bad, people who scoop the poopdeck vs captains, thats how i sea this(yes i did mean to put sea when i meant see)

Views
  • what game doesnt have toxic players. who cares.

• @garb4569 Yes, the attention the game is getting is both a blessing and a curse. My only worry is that Rare will cave in and cater to the streamers more than to the community as a whole. When I first started playing, Rare was all about the community, and not only took input, but would round table that input with the community. We have not had that from Rare in quite some time. Some of that was the holidays I am sure, and some of it getting ready for the Arena (which honestly, is probably going to end up being the streamers choice). But Rare seems to have placed a bit of focus on streamers lately, and I while they do impact the game, they are not the community or even represent the community. So I truly hope that Rare doesn't ignore us to appease the streamers.

• @garb4569

Being able to watch gamers of all types is a brilliant thing for Sea of Thieves as a whole, something which helps to introduce the game to players who might not have considered it a year ago, or who've played a little and this new exposure might encourage them to set sail once again.

Like all games, I believe it's both the existing community and the attitude of the developers which determines how these new players settle in. We now have a broader playerbase - families, couples, children, players from all corners of the world.

With Sea of Thieves we have a defined Pirate Code which sets out how we'd expect all pirates to behave on the seas, we have the Xbox Code of Conduct and we have tools to report players who bring those less desirable traits to the seas.

But.... the first impression we give to those who are new is also important. It may take them some time to settle in, to become accustomed to the forum rules, for example, to find information, to get to know us.

I'd like to think we're welcoming while still having patience for those who are new as they find their place here as well as communicating clearly that the Code isn't just guidelines and despite this being a pirate game, there are certain ways of playing which we're not happy to see on the seas. There's room for us all.

Views
1 out of 4