Athena AFKing is rampant and we need a solution.

• @d4m0r3d Play with your friends and you have no use for the kick feature, because there are no afkers - the problem solved with your solution without the need to introduce the kick feature.

• @archaell not everyone is able to get 3 friends on at a time

• @archaell to defend from the kick feature dont do athenas with people you dont trust doesnt mean the kick feature is useless, you can still be in games where you have 1 other friend and then there are 2 others but one of the teamates is being useless, or only have 2 other friends on and they the other guy is doing nothing.

• @archaell if you are gonna do an athena, do it with at least one friend. any other mission no one is gonna kick you unless you are doing nothing, or you are being annoying.

• @archaell it seems pretty easy to me, woks better than having the guy get kicked after 10 mins of being in the ferry of the damned, if you can think of a better idea go ahead

• @d4m0r3d I am a solo slooper. The reason I join the open crews is to do the Athena. Giving players the option to kick me after I have spent 3 hours doing the voyage does not work at all. It's actually much worse than the problem with the afkers. I don't care about having to solo the whole voyage while other people afk, as long as the voyage is on the table I will eventually finish it and get my rewards. The kick feature would allow players to deny me said loot and there would be no way to avoid it. I had premades that joined me mid voyage before that made the journey more difficult by doing stupid things like pvp, going for the forts or bragging kids about the Athena to all the other ships we met so they could try to steal it. Adding the vote kick to the list would be much worse than any of that. It's too much of power that you can't defend against.

• Step 1: Make a short video of the "legend" afk'ing, long enough to see the loop (using an item every x seconds or just plain spinning etc)
    Step 2: Open a Browser or the X-Box console menu.
    Step 3: Report the "Leg-end"
    Step 4: Profit! It's a bannable offence so with proof it's a ban and he will never do it again (because he can't play)

• @archaell you shouldnt even be doing athenas until you are pirate legend, and im sure you can make at least one friend mate come on. tell me how you cant defend against it, did you even read anything i said. its pretty easy to defend against lol

• @hynieth i like that idea although the one time i have tried reporting someone on the xbox app it didnt work, maybe because im on pc

• @d4m0r3d said in Athena AFKing is rampant and we need a solution.:

@hynieth i like that idea although the one time i have tried reporting someone on the xbox app it didnt work, maybe because im on pc

Yeah on PC it doesn't work with the app, on PC you need to do it on this verry site. It's annoying but I'm the type of guy who'd be great at writing parking tickets :-P I revel in this type of thing. I report these guys even if they're not on my crew.

Views
42 out of 80