Wave of Terror

• Sailing through storms seem to be a "no big deal" situation nowadays as there isn't much to worry about except for few holes.

How about a wave of abnormal size that only spawns in a storm area.

Wave of Terror (too dramatic?):
    Spotable at reasonable distance followed by changing music.

3-5 (random count and place) holes on hit.

Fills up quarter of your boat with water on hit plus some holes on the starboard, port side.

No water if it hits the rear (minimal water on sloop), holes to the back side of the boat.

No holes if it hits front, water does fill regardless.

Random damage to players depending on their distance from the wave when it hits the boat.

It may seem overly powerful but it is just a suggestion of idea.

The amount of holes depend on ship to ship basis.

Thoughts?

Views
  • This is a fun and dramatic idea. Would you like this to be added to the Community idea's Master List. It sounds like a type of Rogue Wave or Tsunami style of water hazard.

• @enf0rcer Yeah sure. That would be great.

• Would be cool if it maybe did less damage, more water filling, and would knock anyone on deck around so it could potentially throw you off your boat.

• Sounds amazing.

• @idevilsdocry said in Wave of Terror:

@enf0rcer Yeah sure. That would be great.

Your post has been added to the Master List under "Wave of Terror" I thankyou for your contribution.

• I think it would be cool if the wave Didn't cause damage to your ship and would only fill the ship a small amount/knock players off if it hit your ship side on. This would mean that if the ship sailed directly into the wave it would be able to avoid filling.

• A rogue wave is a very good idea for such a game, adding it into the storm is great.

I wish devs thought about a tsunami mechanic in the devil's roar when too many vulcanoes are erupting.

• @idevilsdocry I also feel like the storms are underwhelming and I like your idea to make them more interesting.

• If there was a way to tell in storm variations such as maybe cloud color then I’d be all for it. Like I listed down below. Although if not labeled then I really don’t know about that, might be hard for solo players or players on a single leveled ship. But good idea.
    -dark Grey cloud with no lighting flashing could be a regular calm storm
    -dark grey with flashes could be a lighting storm
    -Black clouds could be the wave
    -Black clouds with flashing could be wave and lighting.

Views
1 out of 10