Why doesn't loot slide down from slopes players can't stand on?

• alt text

Tried dropping a chest off the mountain down to a friend, didnt see the slight slop shown here on the northeast side of devil's thirst. Rip chest. Why doesn't all loot just slide down from slopes where a player can't stand? Would be a very welcome change so stuff doesnt get stuck in unobtainable places.

PS: Tried to jump down past it to grab it and use geysirs to get launched near it and grab it, neither of which worked sadly. It was left behind in the end. :(

Views
  • Sorry to hear that. My brother had a very similar issue. Totally ticked him off.
    Simplest reason...it's easier.
    Because in game design you either have a static object or a non-static object.
    If you create a non-static object, you then have to dial in the attributes of the object to interact realistically with every other kind, type of object whether they be other objects or surfaces (boats, land, docks, trees, rocks, water, etc.) to behave with the physics engine.

Take the boat for instance...what a nightmare that must have been to get these to behave as amazing as they do.
    They either didn't want to poor much attention into the chests and other treasure like objects....or....felt that they'd cause some glitchiness that they didn't want to suffer through.
    Much easier to just assume that an object will behave one way and one way only. (except in water in this case).

• We need grapple hooks and ropes they cant expect us to leave loot like this it hurts. :(

• We need Rico from just cause he’ll get it.

• That happened to me a few times but I managed the get the item back by sliding near it and quickly pressing the button to pick the item up. Sad that you didn't managed to get it back but it's a marauder chest and that is easy to find from voyages or just randomly on islands, you just need to know the spawn spots. Good luck with your future adventures!

• Yeah I agree, Rare should eventually make a patch that removes the Spider-Man gene from the loot.

Views
5 out of 6