Double Gunning (Ideas?)

• As far back as I remember playing SoT I never had trouble with double gunners until Rare released the video talking about it.
    At first I was angry, but maybe why they did it was so they could collect data on how it works.

After that is how do one solve this?
    The solutions I seen so far has been just one.

1. Make Cutlass a Primary and that you can only pick one gun to go with it.

And as far as I have considered that is probably the best option. Fairest in it doesn't create confusion, it doesn't mess with other combinations that can be withstood.

Except the Blunderbuss in the face, but that is really a good shot if they pull it off.
    Anything involving the cutlass can be blocked if you respond correctly.

The other ideas i was gonna suggest was:
    1: Slower swap between weapons. (Won't happen, to annoying.)
    2: You can't swap until you reloaded your gun. (More probable but still annoying, but it would make pistols much more desirable compared to the EoR.)
    3: Make all guns equipped have the same ammo and reload, making it so if one gun is fired, both of them needs a reload. (Very unlikely and would punish new people unnecessarily.)

What are your thoughts on the matter? do you like any of the other options I created and dismissed?

Views
  • First off there's already tons of other recent threads about this topic. Second it's all in the hands of pioneers right now as to how the double gun will be addressed. I'm sure rare will be trying some ideas on how to fix the issue on the pioneer server.

What's most likely to happen? Not sure, but I'm reasonably sure that they won't force the sword. People will probably still have two guns.

• Rare didn't cause this. The community tried to warn them of this but nothing was done. And now a streamer by the name of Sunmit or something has popularised it and we're all suffering for this. (well most of us anyway).

Rare is working on a fix here's what I think wil happen:
    Rare will make seperate slots for melee and ranged weapons.
    Now I hear some people say: "But what about customisation I'm forced to use a sword now?!" And that's where joe Neate's Surprise comes in: A new melee weapon to mix it up.

That or Rare will either make it so a weapon is unloaded after switching (so you can quick switch but you need to reload before you can shoot) or by having shared ammo (5 ammo max for both guns)

• I highly doubt they'll prevent double-gunning, that's not really the issue on its own. So I don't think they'll force a sword + gun combo on players - the game has always had the mantra "tools not rules" (Mike Chapman's phrase).

More than likely, they'll just nerf the switching with additional forced animation (reload or whatever) and maybe make the sword more appealing.

Views
1 out of 4