Win 10 Can't Use Voice in Game

• I know, I know first step is to make sure the app is allowed to use my Microphone......yeah been there done that.
    So my issue is that it doesn't even show up with the indicator that chat is going through the game. I turned Push to Talk off so voice is always on and there's nothing.
    I use a Yeti Mic if it matters, works for Discord and everything else I've used it for.
    I've been able to get my push to talk key to work sometimes but when the chat indicator comes up, it's blinking instead of solid in the top right corner. Friends say it's blinking over my head too but nothing is going through the game.
    I've tried just about everything I can think of and I cannot get this to work. It's like it doesn't even register I'm using the PTT key and I've tried different ones.
    When it does register, the chat indicator blinks instead of stays solid to signify I'm talking in game.

Thoughts??

Views
  • @cakekyst Ahoy matey!

Is there the possibility that you are in Party Chat and they are in Game Chat? Or the other way around? That's one thing that always throws me... that's also when your crew can see you talking (the green icon above your head) but they can't hear you.

It may be worth switching between the two to try kick start it too!

• @musicmee But I play on PC not Xbox. How would I have even went into Party or Game chat?

• @cakekyst said in Win 10 Can't Use Voice in Game:

I know, I know first step is to make sure the app is allowed to use my Microphone......yeah been there done that.

Did you allow it for Sea of Thieves AND the XBox app? I think it needs to be allowed for both. If its working intermittently (blinking indicator), try increasing the mic volume in game settings - I can't remember if there is an activation point for the mic but you may want to adjust that also if its there.

• @cakekyst Using the Xbox App, but since your response, I doubt you haven't turned that on by mistake.

Are the rest of your crew Xbox or PC? Maybe THEY are in a party chat?

I don't know if you have taken a look at the following support guide which may help further?

• @musicmee The whole issue is I can't talk with Random Pirates I meet because my voice isn't projected in game. I'm not worries about teammates as we use Discord for that.

• @d3adst1ck I just checked it a min ago, its on both.

• @cakekyst, In that case, matey you might want to check your Xbox online privacy settings here:

Privacy Settings

And allow all online communications via text/voice.

• Weird, the only things I can think of is that you by some chance have a different mic selected in the xbox app's settings or that you accidentaly muted yourself ingame (default hotkeys: win+alt+m)

• If anyone comes across this later, I solved the problem.

Turns out that in Recording Devices in Windows Sound settings, it had my headset Mic as default communication device. I disabled everything in there except my Yeti mic and it works now.

Views
1 out of 10