Any ideas on proximity chat being choppy?

• Tried searching googles...

Xbox One X
    My crew in-game chat is fine, but when someone outside of our crew rolls up, their voice is choppy aand can’t he understood.

I have my settings at:
    Crew Chat Output : Headphones
    Proximity Chat Volume : 100%
    Proximity Chat : Directional

Choppy voices outside of my crew. Any ideas?

Views
  • @Uberkull
    I am having the exact same issue. X1X as well. Though I usually use party chat for crew chat unless I am soloing. Had this issue since Christmas time.

• @lux-fatalis Interesting.

I agree on party chat for the crew, but it seems if you don’t speak with incoming players from other crews, they attack most the time.

I tried looking at NAT type...but mine is ‘open’ which is supposed to support all voice chat.

Also, it seems if you set settings to Headphones....the crew chat comes through my headset properly, but the choppy non-crew player speech comes through the ‘speakers’, not my headphones.

I also agree that this seemed to work early December, but now...not.

• My NAT type is also open.

And I am also experiencing the choppy player speech coming through my home theatre rather than my headset. My headset is wired to the official MS headphone control module that attaches to the controller.

I'm glad it isn't just me... I'll be trying a few things later this evening and will keep you posted if I have any success.

• @uberkull
    What happens if you set:
    Crew Chat Output: Speakers

And then if no change:
    Proximity Chat: Omnidirectional

@Lux-Fatalis
    Are you saying it only happens through home theater, and not your headset?

Views
1 out of 5