Griefing

• I was doing an athenas with a friend of mine only to be joined by [Mod edited] who then proceeded to throw all our loot into the water constantly try to have other players kill us and spend the entire time griefing till we were forced to just leave the crew. How Rare allows these kinds of players to do nothing but create toxicity and troll their community endlessly blows my mind. Allow us to report people like this directly to you not to Microsoft through xbox.

Views
  • @Sarthy Please refrain from calling out users on the forums by username, as it is against our forum rules. You can report users for toxic behavior through filing a support ticket at any time. Your post was edited in accordance with the rules.

Witch-hunting and Call-Outs
    Posting gamertags or screenshots of conversations in order to name and shame community members is not allowed on the Forums. If you believe a post or thread violates community standards, please flag it for moderation.

If you believe a player has been toxic in the game, you can report them to Xbox Live here. You can also submit a support ticket to Rare Player Support.

Topics and posts with this content will be locked, deleted and the users involved warned. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

• Just report the player.

• i would return their griefing by just going afk. do some dishes while messing with the controller every so often. start rambling nonsensically. ask them about what movies they like. play music incessantly without pause.

• @sarthy

Try closed crew or be ready to put them in the brig. I sometimes brig underperforming players (for instance they get on the wheel without a clue of the crew's intentions and don't listen to orders). I don't use the sloop anymore simply because it is too easy for 1 player to grief. They can't throw anything when they are safely behind bars. A friend and I once brigged a guy for simply climbing our crow's nest when we had powder up there on a well stocked boat. Dude turned on his microphone and we explained why we put him behind bars. He explained he understood and helped us take down several waves of skelly ships. Turned out it was one of the first times he had turned on the game. You can jail them without griefing them. Key to the game is communication, but let someone sit behind bars if they are messing with you that much. If they want to sit there and get credit for what you sell, so be it. Most players have a 15 minute tolerance or less behind bars. When they leave, you can hopefully get a less toxic player. If he stays there for 2 hours, that too becomes a story to tell, which is why we play this game.

• You went with an open crew. Your decision. Don't blame Rare if it goes wrong.

Views
5 out of 6