Fort Key Chat Wheel

• *TL;DR at bottom

Why is the Fort Key the only item in the game a player can interact with, but not declare somehow? To that regard, it is a fairly important piece of player item/interaction in the game, again with no way to state or declare via chat wheel.

I understand the nature of a key being used immediately after acquiring it AT the fort you've clearly obtained it from. I am also aware of the music/sound/visual cues the vault door gives upon opening is also a good indicator of what's going on.
    However iirc, you are able to use the Key at the next active fort and of course even travel around with key and go back to the original Fort if there is pressure/threat in the immediate vicinity. While traveling with the key, there is no way to indicate that anyone has the key unless that crew member has a mic. There are plenty of deaf/mute and micless pirates around!

*TL;DR- would be valuable Quality of Life improvement to have the ability to declare intent w/the Fort Key via full chat wheel

Views
  • Good observation! I wholeheartedly agree!

• Makes sense. I like it.

• I agree, just last night we had 2 ships attack as we were starting the Captain wave of a fort. A crew member decided it best to set sail and attempt a ship to ship to ship battle before returning to finish the fort. our ship took off and engaged the other two slowly circling the fort and when we passed back near the fort a crew member whose first language is not English (but was a good player) cannon shot hinder to the island to finish the wave and get the key.

It was quite difficult to try to figure out what he was saying when he was telling us he’d beaten the fort and had the key. It would have been nice for him to be able to hit the chat wheel to tell us he had the key. For all we knew another crew finished it and the key was in someone else’s hands.

• I went in to approve this message and then I saw the bump. You sir have lost my goodwill and I'm destraught.

• @bigheadguy69 Please refrain from Bumping threads as it is against our Forum Rules. If you have more to add then do so but bumping for the sake of it is not permitted.

Bumping Threads
    Bumping threads with content that is not providing additional information to the original post is not permitted. Resurrecting very old threads is also not permitted. A warning will be issued and the thread locked. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Thanks.

• Acknowledged.

Anyone think this would be a valuable QoL improvement?

• I have submitted a general inquiry regarding this. Stay tuned.

Views
5 out of 9