Skelly ship kill registration.

• So I was solo slooping saw a wandering r skelly ship and decided to try my luck.

I knew in a straight up fight I would not win as I had next to no supplies, so I did the ram and bucket move I’ve seen on YouTube.

Sunk the ship, patched my holes and waited for my treasure to surface. Nothing came up so I looked under the cursed sails menu and noticed it didn’t even register that I had killed one

Am I supposed to get atleast one cannon shot on it or something?

Views
  • @someskinnydudex I have sunk several of those and I don't think the loot just appears. im pretty sure you have to board the ship and take the loot off of it before it sinks. or sink it in shallow water. not sure though

• @someskinnydudex Aye, as far as I've heard ye need to get at least one cannonball in on the approach for achievement purposes. Not sure about the lack of booty, could have something to do with it.

• Every skeleton ship will have random loot on it. I can't really be certain but I'm sure every ship has at least one item on it. This loot can be in many different places on the ship. As far as I've seen though, it's all on the lower decks. This loot can also be anything in the game except the wondrous box of secrets or whatever it's called, and maybe stronghold pieces. I'm not 100% on that because I know you can get stronghold pieces from megs. I don't think I've ever seen stronghold pieces on a skelly ship though. This loot table does include kegs though so you can get a lucky cannon shot on a ship and set off a keg below deck.

You can board the ship and steal the loot from them or you can just sink the ship. Either works. When the ship sinks it will eventually disappear, it may do this far away from where it initially went down. I've seen skelly ships take off underwater after they sank taking the treasure far from the spot they stopped and capsized. At the moment the ship disappears, the treasure will start floating upwards in the exact spot it was on the ship, usually the few pieces will be a little spread out in the water because they were spread out on the ship. It takes a while for the ship to go down, disappear, and the loot float to the surface. This is a good time to park your ship near by or drop the rowboat to chase it down.

Sometimes however, the skelly ship will leave diving back into the water. Usually if it's one that appears to attack someone and it sank the ship it initially attacked, it will dive back into the water and be gone. I'm not sure but I think random roaming ships will do this too if they end up sinking a ship. I've been on a skelly ship when this has happened and the loot will go with it. If you find yourself on a skelly ship that starts to dive into the water, grab some treasure to keep before it disappears.
    Do not confuse this with a skelly ship despawning. If a ship beaches itself for too long, it will just suddenly disappear. This goes for all ships. When any ship does this, the loot will fall to the ground. The east beach of cannon cove is a common spot for skelly ships to beach themselves until they suddenly disappear and drop all the treasure on the beach and in the water.

I've always tried to put at least a single cannon into it just to make sure I got credit for sinking it. Kegs may give you credit too but I've never tested it.

Views
1 out of 4