Which is your favorite Vessel?

• Appearance wise, the galleon by a country mile. As far as playability and fun, the sloop wins hands down for me. It's just so much easier to co-ordinate one other player and get everything done right in a sloop than it is on a galleon. On the galleon there just seems to be an attitude amongst many players that someone else will get it done, or they'll go afk, even for a short time - and ofc, that's when a meg or a ghost ship will come at you - or other players lol.

The brig just isn't fun for me at all. The lower deck is cramped and when you're on the wheel, the thing just looks like a banana boat the way the deck curves lol.

The rowboat though... that thing is worth its weight in gold. So many bad encounters saved due to a rowboat to collect all the loot in whilst the fresh ship sails back to you. Almost always Karen's fault :P

• @sgt-palooggoo Brig for sure. Galleon second.

• This is difficult..

I really want to love the galleon the most.. it looks great and its big so i can walk around good. Nice to see all guns firing. The boarding plank is nice, and its high making it nice for docking with the ladder and plank..
    But its slow to operate and start moving or to slow down and its not nice to park near islands and its so visible...
    The biggest issue i have is getting a crew that fits my playstyle and a good master and commander to play captain.
    With 4 people talking it gets chaotic and it makes me tired.. last round i just turned off the headset and start using text-.- i primarely sail galleon if we do athena voyage but i dont like it since i have no good crew and captain for it and they rush athena's to a point where i consider it grinding and not enjoying a voyage :(

The brig is nice for its speed and easy to sail i like this to play solo merchant since i need to travel from outpost to outpost making many miles.. but its not stealty and sink easy

The sloop is not great looking but its the best playable for its stealth to stop at every island and explore and to play with just 2 people but i dont really like the sailing it needs so much steering.. but with my black loading screen its the best boat i might be back just in time not to sink from one hole -.-

• Bring for sure...

Views
community
38 out of 39