Cannot install SOT

• Hi, sorry if this is in the wrong place but this is the only category I am able to create a post in!

I wanted to test Sea of Thieves however the game does not appear in the microsoft store, I've done the usual windows upsates, wsreset.exe and I checked my store and pc region are both set to the UK.

The only way I can get an option to "install" the game is at this link https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/sea-of-thieves/9p2n57mc619k?activetab=pivot:overviewtab, It gives me the option to choose which device to install the game to, I want to install it to PC however the only option I have is my Xbox, it does not give me the option to install to my pc.

I clicked the "get more information" link in the popup box and went through the process of manually adding my windows device at https://account.microsoft.com/devices/

Microsoft recognises my PC but it does not give me the option on the sea of thieves install page.

How can i fix this?

EDIT - When I am on the sea of thieves page and i just click "install/play" it opens up the microsoft store and says:
    "The thing that you are looking for is not here"
    "We probably do not have it, but just in case, try searching for it."

Views
  • Probably dumb question, but are you on windows 10? because it's only works on 10

• @bundui Windows 10 Pro, tried searching for solutions online, there must be tens of thousands of people who have has issues with this game not being available to them, really surprised this sort of thing is still an issue tbh!

• @saltmajortv I know some people encountered this problem because they are living in different region, even if they change region it didn't help them and also I know that if you have pirate version of windows its not going to work either, thats all I know

• @bundui Meh, living in the UK so not sure what the issue is, it's a legit Windows. So frustrating!

• @saltmajortv did you buy the Digital version or the Physical Disc for Xbox?

• @triheadedmonkey No, I just want to test the game on pc using my gamepass. Not downloaded on Xbox before.

• @saltmajortv are you sure you are signed into the Microsoft Store/Xbox site with the Microsoft Account that has Game Pass?

If you open the Windows Store App for Windows, does your profile show in the top right corner? (If not, log in with the account that has Game Pass)

Then click the 3 dots - Downloads and updates, and on the right left side there should be a list (all owned, installed, ready to install, downloads etc) and one should say Game Pass, click that and you should be able to find Sea of Thieves.

Although it is odd it doesn't show when you search...

• @triheadedmonkey Problem solved.

For some reason Windows 10 scan found that my PC had the latest updates, I tried sfc /scannow and it found an error with the updater but could not fix it. was going to reinstall windows but instead tried the microsoft update tool found at https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

It found about 18 months worth of updates lol, updated it fully and SOT appeared, not sure why it was saying there was no updates available.
    Anyway, got the game installed but having a new issue with the actual game where it glitches out constantly. Making a new post about that now.

Thanks for your help all.

• @saltmajortv glad to hear you finally got it installed...hopefully, there are some pirates that are wiser than me to actually get you on the Seas!!

Views
9 out of 10