Turning the tables... Pirate style! (and the most dedicated new player I have met)

• This is a tale of revenge and adventure on the high seas.
    My tale begins on my solo sloop, I see a galleon doing battle with Skeleton ship in the distance, i raise anchor and go to offer aid (the ship bore no insignia or cosmetics so i thought they may need a hand) i sailed over and just as i arrived the skelly ship sank beneath the waves. I parked my sloop, pointed cannons to the sky and hailed the galleon crew. My cries of peace and cooperation were met with poorly aimed cannon fire and a boarding party that i avoided attacking for as long as i could. Eventually it became clear there would be no peace. I simply waited for my parked sloop to sink from the single hole they had shot in it and played a tune as i was repeatedly sent to the Ferry.

Once my ship had sunk I hailed the xbox LFG seeking a pirate to help me reclaim my treasure from this foolish galleon. A fine gentleman joined my crew and together we set sail for the last know location of the galleon. As we found them another skeleton ship already giving them a withering broadside. We slid in behind them and caught them in a devastating crossfire. After only a few seconds their ship slipped into the sea. All was not over yet for the Skellies had turned their wrath on us and we were forced to choose between the last crewmate escaping in a rowboat with my treasure and the crew of angry bone bros bearing down on us. We let the rowboat and its contents slip away and worked desperately to stay afloat, but to no avail. As we swam about the waves we spied another galleon bearing the sails of an overachiever. we hailed him with request to come aboard. they were granted and we teamed up to sink the skelly scourge.

As it was the captain of the ship was taking the new year in stride and was streaming and helping new players find their sea legs, he was a PL and Athena's 10 along with being a pioneer, and one of the nicest chaps ive meet on the sea. Me and my mate joined the empty spaces on his crew and went to find and sink the first galleon. We found them retrieving a crewmate and my loot from a nearby island. After a short skirmish we sunk them and went on our way drinking and singing shanties.

And this is where the greatest part begins. We find a solo sloop who willingly joins our crew as a servant and sinks his own ship after ally with us and comes aboard to help however he may. He is a fairly new player and we begin to show him some tricks as we sail to pick up an Athena's voyage. at the outpost he asks how to get titles for his pirate, in the following discussion we learned that he never knew to speak to the factions and purchase promotions to get better voyages. This poor Bilge Rat had ground up to rank 20 in some factions using only the default free voyages! I couldn't believe it! I was so impressed that I surrendered my spot in the galleon crew to our inexperienced friend. I hope our Legend showed him the ways of the sea.

TLDR: a tale of revenge that became an amazing voyage and opportunity to instruct the most dedicated green pirate I have ever met.

If anyone took the time to read all of that story thank yee, and remember: there is always someone who can use a helping hand on the Sea.
    Cheers!

Views
  • @yolo-swaggines thanks fer the offer mate I thanks ye if I ever sees you on the seas you can come aboard matey

Views
1 out of 2