An Impressed Midshipman

• I've only been sailing these waters for a few days now, but consider me well and truly on board for the duration of the voyage. Thus far I've been sailing naught but a sloop to find my legs, but the time is coming soon when I'll be looking for a crew to join.

I was excited at the thought of sailing, utterly thrilled when a megalodon erupted immediately abaft, and wholly enraptured when I found my first treasure maps in a bottle on a beach, but the moment that had me fully shanghaied was my second time at sea. I was en route from Old Spire to Shipwreck Bay when I decided to try the hurdy gurdy I'd found below.

The sun sparkled in the spray off the bow, the wind was snapping in the sail and the slow, mournful notes of 'becalmed' wafted across the rollers. Well can I say that just sailing around the islands would keep me happy, but with treasure and peril as well? Now that's the makings of "sailors' tales to sailors' tunes ... and all the old romance, retold exactly in the ancient way ...!" I've never played a game that better captured its chosen spirit!

Not to break the mood, but I am playing on an Xbox so my "pirate" name is my gamertag. It's Gaelic for 'rude hound' or 'rough dog' and pronounced kind of like Gar-chu (else Garuv-chu) where the ch is like Scottish 'loch.' (It's properly spelled garbhchú.)

I could go on, but I will leave this here and see what response comes back on the tide.

Views
  • I'll be the first to return on the morning tide.

Yes this game has an amazing atmosphere. My friends and I have played a lot of games together but this has been the only one we have come back to consistently. we may take breaks to prevent burnout, but our hearts truly belong to the sea, with all its charms.
    See you on the seas good fellow, if you are ever in need of a crew or have some random questions as you gain infamy feel free to hit me up on xbox.

Views
1 out of 2