Can someone explain me how to enjoy the Game ?

• Hi everyone

I have been playing Sea of Thieves since the scale test.

My first hours were awesome.
    Discovering all the tools you got, playing music everytime, drinkinng, showing the treasure map to your friends...

Then I loved to discover the Islands caves and secret locations.

Afterwards, I have just played the game after the content updates to see how it is.
    The first time you meet the megalodon, a skeleton ship, the kraken, a skeleton fort...
    All of this encounters are full of feelings.
    And after 4 hours of gameplay, I didn't feel satisfated.

But there is big holes between content updates and I've played enought not to be surprised by anything as I know most of the tools and content the game has.

My last sessions on the game were just farming the Order of Souls or the Gold Hoarder with some other french people I've met on a discord sever.

So can you explain me how to play the game, and have strongers feelings than repeating the sames mooves, seeing the sames skeletons and digging the same chests.

Views
  • @rakan-le-rouge

• Work on commendations - flames, mermaid statues, thrones etc
    • Seek out the white Meg
    • Try to sneak on enemy ships - help them out by lightening their load
    • Form an alliance / Protect ships under attack
    • Iron man - basically don't hand anything in until the end of the session, big risk but makes things tense.
    • Just have a poke about islands looking for washed up treasure, especially in Devils Roar where there's rumoured to be a box of wondrous secrets
    • Captain a crew of new players and show them the ropes

These are the main things I do to keep it interesting for me.

Generally I would say not to focus too much on any one thing, finding some variety by mixing it up and reacting to whats around. The best moments for me are the emergent game play from the crew or other crews. The worst thing you can do is farm the same voyage type if you're not enjoying it.

If you're really really stuck and can't find any joy in the game, then take a break! I did, and it was refreshing.

• @macdoland
    Thanks for all your advices.

So I need to improove my relations with other crews and don't play for the quests

• My Honest way to enjoy the game as much as you can:

Step:

1. Find a nice crew, a discord with fun people in it or a X-Box group. Don't rely on friends because often they're not like minded (great if they are tho) nor should you rely on open play (not saying you can't have fun there but it's not a given).
    2. Set sail yeah simple right but that's not all
    3. Mindeset: Here's my important tip for having fun: There is no Grind there is no Endgoal there's only milestones and an open sea. See as long as you don't see this game as a grind to an endgoal and in stead have fun from the word go with the tools the game gives you it changes completely.
    4. Profit!
  • rule one:

Dont take the game seriously-Play for fun. Lose loot say "good job" dont ever rage quit. I have had many bad games turn amazing.

• oh cool another one of these posts

• Find what you like to do on the seas and do it, whether that be making gold, goofing around, sinking other ships,
    Completing commendations, ranking up etc and with a crew using mics, Makes the game fun interacting with people, I personally liked all aspects of the game including the grind to pl since day one but got stuck in grind mode mentality and really started to re-enjoy the game when I stopped and just let thing happen more naturally and not be too concerned with gold/rep/cosmetics since its all meaningless anyway, the real part is how skilled can you get and leaving the game at the end of the night knowing you had fun

• I'd recommend stop looking at the game from a grinding perspective and just accept that eventually you'll level up. I love the ship cosmetics in the game, that's MY thing so I prioritize commendations and goals based around obtaining as many of them as I can.

Find your thing and go for it! If you like being sneaky try to get as good as you can at boarding other players ships and sneaking about. You'll fail at times, you have to accept that, but other times you'll get amazing stories out of the adventure and that's what this game is all about!

The key is finding a good group of people to enjoy the game with.

Views
1 out of 8