Region Locked :(

• I don't know if this is the thread to post about this topic, but here we go. I studied in the United States in the past so I had no trouble playing and enjoying this game but upon graduation I came back to my country (Kuwait) and convinced some friends to get Sea of Thieves but the game kept rejecting their purchase saying that it wasn't available in their region. I even purchased a gift copy and sent it to them to no avail. Will this be changed? Please help as I would love to spread this game to more and more people.

Views
    news
  • @capt-soul-beard

I believe this is something you'd need to reach out to Microsoft with as it's unlikely Rare has any control over distribution.

• @capt-soul-beard • At present Kuwait is not a Supported Market by Microsoft., as only Localised Regions (that is a Region with a Microsoft and IARC (International Age Rating Coalition) presence) is supported.

This as a note is why the Xbox One (S / X) are only Retailed in Select Regions.
    A Full List of Regions is available here: https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/live/countries

Now you can have your friends play provided they Change their Local Region (see:

)

As I recall Kuwait is between Israel and UAE (which are supported) … which they'd prefer to use., eh... yeah not touching that Political / Theocratic Hot Potato with a 10ft barge pole.

Still keep in mind, it's an option.
    With this said, also keep in mind that there is ZERO Requirement (or resources) to Translate into Arabic … so it will mean everything will Default to International English.
    Although I have a feeling that won't be an issue.

As a further note Changing Region, does Localised Currency / Store / Xbox Live Servers; so ideally they'll want the Closest Region.

• Thank you both for the valuable info!

Views
news
3 out of 4