Simple notification of crew changes

• When joining a crew or starting a journey, the full crew is listed. Also you can manually see who is in your crew from the menu.

However it is sometimes hard to notice when someone decides to leave, or when a new pirate has joined the crew.

I would love a simple on screen notification just to state:
    "Pirate ... has joined/left your crew!"

That way you know who is around, and in the midst of a fight know who you can count on or if you're all alone.
    It seems pretty helpful to myself to know if there is a new crew member that can help you out, and greet him/her by there name.

Views
  • @acexbox1

I was going to say it always seems good manners to announce yourself, or mention you're leaving and also to welcome new additions, but perhaps a notification alongside this would be really useful :)

• @katttruewalker That's common courtesy and I agree full.
    But I can think of enough situations when just joining a crew makes it not the right moment to do so, like in the midst of a battle or if the ship is empty because the rest is fighting on a fort or something.

Especially if you're fighting a skelly ship, kraken of other crew, and you are doing repairs, knowing if a crew member bailed and having a hand short is essential in surviving I think.
    Just a notification that one is missing could be crucial.

I think it's a simple addition that could help a lot.

• @acexbox1 said in Simple notification of crew changes:

@katttruewalker That's common courtesy and I agree full.
    But I can think of enough situations when just joining a crew makes it not the right moment to do so, like in the midst of a battle or if the ship is empty because the rest is fighting on a fort or something.

Especially if you're fighting a skelly ship, kraken of other crew, and you are doing repairs, knowing if a crew member bailed and having a hand short is essential in surviving I think.
    Just a notification that one is missing could be crucial.

I think it's a simple addition that could help a lot.

Views
3 out of 4