Ladder Bug

• I've been having trouble with the ladders ever since I got the game a week ago. None of my other friends have a problem with them. I swim up to a ladder and attach myself just fine. I climb up to the top - whether it be on a boat, dock, or Crow's nest. And as my character finishes climbing and goes through the stand up animation sometimes I'll just fall straight back down. No matter how I approach it - it still happens. Literally just holding W to climb up and looking straight forward and will sometimes just fall back down when I reach the top.

I've searched the forums and read that some people have had this issue but never found a solution. Someone attributed it to lag or packet loss but using the Xbox App determines I'm not having any connection issues and my ping is fine. So not sure if that's the problem.

Anyone have any solutions or have had this problem as well?

Love the game so far! Would love it more if I wasn't falling off of the ladders 30% of the time.

Views
  • I have the same problem with the ladders :(

• Yeah I seem to have this problem but intermittently. Some sessions it never happens and other sessions nearly everytime. Frustrating! (I'm on X1X).

• Not sure if this is the case with others but I played a full session on a Galleon and had no problem. Afterwards we switched to a Brig and it started to happen again. Not sure if it's coincidence or just a bug on Brigs. Will make sure to test it more tomorrow.

• This bug has been prevalent since launch. One time, I tried to feed a pig a banana without being close enough for the x button prompt. One(hundred) time(s).

Views
4 out of 5