Should the Skeleton Sloops Roam the Seas?

• Ahoy Mates!
    When Shrouded Spoils launched it added the Roaming Skeleton Ships.
    Roaming Skeleton Ship

And along with those also came the Skeleton Sloops.
    Skeleton Sloop

But Skeleton Sloops are part of the Skeleton Ship Battles and the random encounters/ambushs.
    They don't roam the seas freely.

So my question to you today is:

Should the Skeleton Sloops Roam the Seas?

Let me know!
    Until then see ya on the seas!
    Palooggoo

Views
    communityfeedback
  • They should as well as skeleton brigantines when they are made. To have them only for the fleet battles is just a waste when they could be the perfect difficulty version of the ships for those on sloop and respectively those on brigs with the well brigs.

This would allow them to rotate in the other two as the server starts flagging up that the ship is taking them out with ease to ramp up the roaming challenge the longer they sail.

• Yes

Apparently I have to type at least 8 characters

• I would think twice before challenging a galleon skeleton crew when going solo, but sloops would make it much easier and level the playing field here. I say why not?

• Im wanting it, because I tried a few times to defeat an Skaleon, but I lost every time, dunno why! But an Skelly Sloop would be better and pls introduce that Skaleons can’t spawn on Sloops :)

• @th3xr34p3r said in Should the Skeleton Sloops Roam the Seas?:

They should as well as skeleton brigantines when they are made. To have them only for the fleet battles is just a waste when they could be the perfect difficulty version of the ships for those on sloop and respectively those on brigs with the well brigs.

This would allow them to rotate in the other two as the server starts flagging up that the ship is taking them out with ease to ramp up the roaming challenge the longer they sail.

Aye, Skeleton Brigantines would be a great addition!
    I wonder if they're in the road map anywhere?

• @sgt-palooggoo yeah there should be skeleton sloops it's boring fighting skeleton galleons all the time xD

• The answer is yes. All three ships need to roam freely. We need to be able to share the love and cannonballs so we can sink them all.

• Judging on past tendencies, of course Rare will release skellie sloops into the open sea.

I haven't even seen one yet, so soon I hope.

• @sgt-palooggoo I think this what Rare wants to do I'ts the Technical limitation have proven 2 difficult as of now for them to overcome as all ships take a large portion Client Memory and in order to balance the smaller AI ships agianst The Larger player ships they would need to have more of them but this would prove to be the challange as the Game is already reached the limits of the Client memory which is set to the OG Xbox 5 GB. Not to metion they would have to make both a Skelly Sloop and Brig more Distinguishable at farther ranges. It's easy to Identify a Skelly Gally as it has 2 extra Lights at he top of the Bow. Plus there A.I. coding skills are not the best. As the A.I. in the game is very simplistic although it is understandable as it is harder to program good A.I. in an open world enviroment verses a closed liner game environment and again this may have also been a design choice to save on limited client Resources.

I do hope they get added one day but this will also limit the chances of having more Player Ships in the future.

• The only gameplay reason I could think of that maybe they chose not to have them roam was that it was more difficult to distinguish them as skelly ships and not player ships.

But I think it's much more likely there's some sorta technical issue here. And it's not really a question of whether or not players want them to roam free, or whether they should be. Of course they should be.

• Wait, there's skeley sloops? I play this game about 3-4 hrs a night and have yet to see one.

• @seamus-hound
    They exist mate.
    alt text

• Aye, yes.

• @sgt-palooggoo

The OP is asking / suggesting that they be encountered on the open sea: Not just as part of skeleton ship battles under a ship cloud.

• @surveyorpete
    Aye, that's what I'm asking.

• @sgt-palooggoo yes the sloop should mate

• I hope my comment is not unwelcome. I'm still finding my sea legs as it were, but I've run across skeletal sloops on several occasions though never took them on myself.

The skeletal galleons seem far more prevalent for sure. Just the other day I formed an alliance with two gentlemen of fortune sailing their own sloop. To make a long story short a skeletal galleon came on us unawares, but after an intense battle we managed to sink it. We'd lay to for what loot we could salvage when a second one hove in from round the island's headland!

My point is that methinks the skull-cloud is only useful to locate a skeletal crew from a distance. Their ships seem to prowl at will, hunting for unsuspecting crews.

• @sgt-palooggoo
    Yes most definitely! I’m in love with fighting those tiny ships and I’d love to be able to find them outside of Skeleton Ship Raids!! They are honestly one of my favorite editions from last update lol. Now all they have to implement is a skeleton brig.

• I agree with letting the Skeleton Sloops (And future Brigs) roam the seas freely!

#Freetheskeletonships #SkeletonSloopsMatterToo

Views
communityfeedback
19 out of 20