Purchase supplies

• Purchase supplies from the ship merchant. Makes for a quicker supply run and we need more ways to spend money! I’m hoarding gold

Views
  • @rpk-9000 I agree, and you are the not the only one that wanted this to happen. I mean the barrels that are scattered throughout the world can also be usable when on the go and you want to get a quick full up, but it would be convenient. Spending about (from what my friend said, like 25,000 to fill one set of material).

• Unfortunately, buying supples presents balancing issues for combat, especially combat centered around forts. If someone sinks at the fort, they are less able to counter-attack and try to reclaim the fort for a second attempt.

This is a good thing, not everyone enjoys fending off the same ship repeatedly. However, if they are able to spend gold for a quick supply up, that ship has now a slight advantage. While you defend the fort you burn your own supples and you are limited to what you brought, as well as what you can pull from the fort. Meanwhile, the ship you just sunk has full wind, supplies, and its headed your way. If it was a close match the first time you fought, how will you defend it off again?

Views
1 out of 4