This game is way to hard for solo sloop players. Computer controlled enemies need to be scaled back. It makes me not want to return to the game.

• So I logged on starting at like 11:30 p.m. Eastern Standard Time and I'm pretty sure I had a dead server which is good for me because I am still a low-level player (17, 26, 20) and I wanted to get a decent amount of gold and rep while I was playing tonight so I loaded up an OOS voyage from the Devil's Roar, after about two hours or so I had already gotten maybe about 8 skeleton skulls, I found a treasure chest and I had a couple of gems on my boat so I started heading back to the Outpost to turn some of that stuff in and on my way back I got attacked by both a skeleton Galleon and Meg at the same time. That is way too much for a solo player to overcome. I lost all but one skeleton skull. It is so incredibly frustrating to put in that much time and have it all be worth nothing just because the game completely out numbers you. I would not be mad if another crew made me lose all of that loot but just because it was AI controlled enemies and they stacked the game against me, I'm completely frustrated right now. Honestly it makes me not want to come back and play this game.

Views
  • @crimsoninsomnia

The new update has certainly made the seas more perilous to players who play by themselves. Solo players/sloops now face the same threats that larger crews do, and no longer have it as easy as they used to have. However, right now is also Shrouded Spoils and as with every event it is dialed up for the duration. I do not believe the amount of encounters we have now is representative of the amount of encounters we will have when it ends.

Solo slooping has always been the hardest way to play. Having to do everything yourself and look out for everything is no easy task. It might seem hard, and impossible, but it isnt. To avoid the meg, you could have hugged an island for example. To get away from the skelly ship, you could have turned into the wind and use manoeuvres to keep them from having a good angle. Hard, not impossible. Don't be discouraged losing your loot like this once, look around the forums for tips on how to deal with them. And always stock up on supplies.

• @crimsoninsomnia
    Sorry to hear you had a bad run. I mainly solo sloop and have had a few days/nights similar but they are far outnumbered by the really good days. No doubt you will learn a lot from this adventure and over time you will improve. Sail with some really experienced solo pirates/crews if you can through LFG etc and read up on some of the great advice here on the forums too. Awesome adventures await if you keep at it. I'm happy to share some tips so let me know if you're keen to sail with me sometime.

• @timboagogo

I feel you completely. I usually only solo sloop and 9/10 times, its a disaster. Whether it's crews, the Kraken, or spawned ships, i get trounced. Next time you're on, add me: DemonicHedgehog. Maybe a partner in crime is all we need.

• @crimsoninsomnia if you know what you are doing skeletons ships are maybe the only challenging thing for me at least also pvp but that depends on the ship and players

• Most Solo Sloopers know that this is the hardest mode of the game. But these are experienced players , a lot of new players don't know this and try anyway and get...dissapointed or frustrated. That's sad ...SOT is a game where you learn by mistakes or mishaps. Certainly if you play alone, you can't gather big hoards, the chance you lose your hoard grows by every treasure you have reapt...Skeleton Ships, Kraken, Megalodonodons ,storms and so on are more than enough ingredients to end your adventure like a failed dish...

Although losing isn't fun still you win if you learn from what happened....A Solo Slooper is a Jack or Jaqueline of all Pirate Trades ,but not one have become this good by giving up...Sure, they have lost and may have lost a lot but still they learned and enjoy their solo time now...

So don't give up, get downed ,crawl back up and try again. Use yer adaptation skill and you will see that it isn't that bad at all. One hint, repair yer ship is first priority, escaping or fighting back comes second...

• @demonichedgehog
    No problem, I will be on again on a couple of hours and add you then, cheers!
    The only real trouble I'm having (a few times now) is being knocked off the ship while solo and not getting back quickly due to ship speed and no/slow mermaids.

Views
6 out of 7