Stopping Meg attack

• Dear Captains!

I've noticed that during a meg attack u can shoot it to cancel its attack. At the moment it feels a bit random. It happens when u shoot the mouth/nose of the meg during its incoming attack. It will even dive under. I was wondering has anyone figured out timing and position on this?

If done correctly u can totally negate the meg attack and not get damage. So no bail, no fix ship and more time to fire upon the meg. This would be a good tactic for solo players to use.

So anyone know the position to hit the meg?
    Anyone know the timing?

If 2 late it will still attack if 2 soon it will dive under but pop up for the attack again.

Views
  • Sometimes it works, sometimes no... Maybe that's a random feature.

• I do not know if it is a tactic or something just goes wrong. I have only seen the same meg twice in several long play sessions. Meg surfaces, take a shot or two at it, and it disappears under the surface to never return. Very disappointing!

In several sessions not only did the meg not stick around, have not seen any of the others. Same for no fog or Karen. Has been very disappointing seeing none of the new content when there are others saying they see it all the time. Obviously the game is not running as one would expect on different servers. Even more disappointing as the game is running sluggish frequently without any content seen to cause it.

• @weakdexx I thought it happened when you did enough damage to it during the charge. On the sloop I was able to get three cannonballs off on it while it was charging and it dove down. It worked the second time I pulled it off as well.

• @ionei-falcon
    I would agree that it doesn't matter where you hit her during the charge attack, but rather how much damage you do to stop the attack.

• @x-crowheart-x
    Are you raising sails and stopping when she turns up? Also get a couple of sniper shots into her ASAP to make her mad.

• @weakdexx during the Hungering deep it was when they charged and opened wide. Tonight it worked once and failed the second time. I dont think it always works. But at least the hit still counts.

• @ionei-falcon said in Stopping Meg attack:

@weakdexx I thought it happened when you did enough damage to it during the charge. On the sloop I was able to get three cannonballs off on it while it was charging and it dove down. It worked the second time I pulled it off as well.

didnt think it work like that. Sometimes we hit with 6 cannonball when it charges and dont make it stop. Other times we hit it with a sniper and it dives.

Just hoped someone got the timing and posistion

• Everyone thanks for your replies.

I got some ideas to try now and figure it out :)

Good community we got going here!

• Among all three ship types, I always the cancel the charge with two cannon shots after the music cue. It usually seems to charge once it picks up speed, but I've onlu fought the Hungering One, Crested Queen, and Ancient Terror. The damage threshold could very well be true and perhaps is more prevalent with the stronger Meg variants. Regardless, I always stop for Meg attacks as they drop Stronghold loot quite often; hope you guys have the same luck!

Views
4 out of 10