Fireworks Confirmed!

• Ahoy Mates!
    I just received a special seasonal Email from sea of thieves!
    (I'm sure many more people have received one as well)

I read through it and at the end of the long Email I saw this:
    Fire Works

Fireworks Confirmed!

Views
    communitynews
  • @mr-dragon-raaar

They don't always arrive in a timely fashion, I think it has a lot to do with your provider, I received my Gilded one today as well.

Fireworks for New Year???

• @katttruewalker said in Fireworks Confirmed!:

Fireworks for New Year???

Oh boy, I wonder if they're for the Arena or an update down the road?

• Yes I got the email today as well. Hopefully we will get fireworks to celebrate the new year and be able to shoot them out of our cannons. Just have to keep the crew from getting drunk when they do it.

• @x-crowheart-x
    Hey you might be on to something there!
    Maybe they'll add em as New Years celebration stuff!

• @Sgt-Palooggoo

Fireworks? Duh. I see a cute and lovely little crab... only thing I care about! :P

• @skulliah
    Wow, 2 easter eggs in photo!

• Unless they patch the game in January I don't think so, 'cuz they've said that this was the last patch of the year

• @eggamer13
    Yeah, it'll probably be for the Sea of Five Winds Expansion next year sometime.

• The email also states:

Unusually for pirates, we're a generous lot. That's why we're giving away some very shiny Sea of Thieves merchandise every day before the holidays on our social media channels as a way of thanking you for your support in 20‍18.

I wonder if "social media channels" includes these Forums?

• @surveyorpete said in Fireworks Confirmed!:

The email also states:

Unusually for pirates, we're a generous lot. That's why we're giving away some very shiny Sea of Thieves merchandise every day before the holidays on our social media channels as a way of thanking you for your support in 20‍18.

I wonder if "social media channels" includes these Forums?

For the moment they do that only with Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. It's more a tactic to win followers and visibility on social networks: mention a friend, follow, like... ;)

• @sgt-palooggoo I want this I hope we get this soon

• @closinghare208 Aye!

• I assume these are more the "signal flares" people have been requesting for a while. I'm sure they can obviously be used as fireworks and it certainly wouldn't surprise me if we get a patch some time right after the New Year that included these fireworks / signal flares.

I think they'd be great for getting the attention of other pirates, setting plans into motion depending on the color launched, or simply just letting fellow crew mates know "hey I want you to come grab one of these chests."

Here's hoping it's not just a random bit of marketing.

• @je0rgie-p0rgie
    That's a really new and interesting way of using fireworks!
    NEW AND INTERESTING WAYS!!!

• @mr-dragon-raaar
    Aye I've been having the same issue. I used to get emails. Now I don't I've been finding everything out here 2nd hand. Kind of lame.

Views
communitynews
15 out of 16