The Stranded Sailor

• This story begins with the end of a night, but the beginning of a new friendship and a great adventure.

As the crew and I turned in the last skeleton fort spoils for the night we decided to send off the ship in a true Gonnies fashion. As our ship sailed out of view over the horizon, my crew began to say their goodbyes. Being the last behind, my curiosity got the better of me and I had to see the condition of the ship.

Taking the merperson back to the ship I found that it was slowly sinking, and I wanted to make it to Blinds Man's Lagoon before she sank to the depths. Bailing and reaching the island in true Jack Sparrow fashion, I saw that I had an Order of Souls mission there as well. So with nothing better to do, I began killing skeletons and barely staying alive with the little resources the island had to provide.

As I reached my last slice of life a saw a Sloop sailing in my direction and proceded to swim towards it. Getting closer and closer to the ship, I proclaimed that I was not a danger and offered the loot of the island. Climbing the ladder to greet my saviour who proclaimed "Holy ****!" and began swinging a sword at me as I attempted to calm him.

Explaining to my new friend Moral Flatulence that I was a Pirate Legend with no boat and had no need for his loot, he finally calmed down. We completed both his and my Order of Souls mission on the island then we started toward an outpost so he could trade in his loot.

On our way, he began asking how I like Sea of Thieves and about all the updates and new features. Soon I found out that Moral Flatulence had not played since closed Alpha and was back with a free trial of Game Pass. We continued talking about Shrouded Spoils, our play experiences, and Accommodations. The poor man had been Kraken'd twice that day and killed by too many Megalodons to count.

As a gift, I decided to show him the Devil's Roar and as much of the game as I could in our short time together. He then asked me about what I thought about people saying, "There is nothing to so in Sea of Thieves". My answer to this question is something I have always felt true about Sea of Thieves from day one. "You make your own fun. Play how you want to play. There is nothing in this game that says you need to do this, or you can only do that. Have fun, explode your friends or PVP others it's about how you have fun".

This adventure is a great testament to this! I would have never made a new friend and went on an amazing adventure had I not stranded my self on an island for fun.

Thank you to Mortal Flatulence for trusting in a random stranded sailor, and providing a great story for others to enjoy.

-Over2Take

Views
  • This is why I take chances with open crews... The random good apples are worth all the haters and squeelers combined. So every time I get a random that joins and drops one of my barrels on my ship. I sigh a little inside, and think of all those wonderful friends I have made here.
    It is a pirates life!

Views
1 out of 2