STOP asking for people's levels when making LFG post.

• Its either you don't want new players or you want Pirate Legends. Pick one, because it makes no sense asking for someone's levels as it's irrelevant and anyone can simply lie about it. If you need an experienced player then just ask for a Pirate Legend as it represents experience in of itself as well as pirate legends can provide the highest level voyages/Athena's.

Views
  • @celaw
    I guess it's fair that they ask but I would never join those that do. Perhaps they want only experienced crew to join but on the other hand they might want lower levels for the easier voyages too?

• @celaw

There's a few things you could ask for besides levels, which might give a more reliable indication of experience including 'miles sailed'.

• @timboagogo I don't join those crews either. If a group leader is asking for levels that just tells me that they maybe prone to being toxic. However that being said, the ONLY time where you'd want lower level crew members was instances such as the commendation for doing Order of Souls voyages during the Forsaken Shores event. So its rare when that happens, but I also understand where you are coming from.

• @celaw Levels usually provide a better representation of one's skill rather than relying on that player stating whether they're good or not; not only that, but it's also much quicker and provides a greater insight into what kind of faction they're oriented towards. But that's just my preference and I definitely don't expect others to agree with what I say.

However whilst this may be an annoying occurrence to you and a few other people, to many, stating your level has just became second nature. I always give my level regardless of whether the LFG asks for it because I would appreciate it if others did the same.

To end this off I'd just like to say that you're choosing to be annoyed by this; as crummy as it sounds, just ignoring the posts that ask for your levels would be much better than working yourself up over such an insignificant thing. But I'm not gonna tell you what to you - I mean no disrespect to you or your opinions and I bid you a good day/night .

• I don't rely on levels, but rather use the LFG feature to see how many voyages a player has completed - this is a good indicator of whether a player is relatively new, lazy, or as someone who gets the job done. If you have less than 200 voyages completed, you're not what I'm looking for.

• @galactic-geek ouch. May wanna rethink that number, there's a lot of great players out there with less than that. Now I'm not saying I'm "great" as we all have different expectations of that word but I WILL say that at 50/42/40/5 with 151 voyages and barely over a million miles sailed... I'm not at all a bad player, and especially not a lazy one.

My point: it also REALLY helps to compare the voyages and miles to their levels. :)

• Ranks mean nothing. I’ve steamrolled fellow pirate legends. If you’re LFC, simply ask for experienced players. It hasn’t failed me.

Views
5 out of 8