Kraken won't let go of my ship!

• I love the krakens difficulty now!, it feels threatening whenever the ocean turns dark and it arises out the water.

So good job on its buff, but just one thing..how do i get it off the ship when it wraps a tentacle around it?, i shot 20 lots of bullets from my blunderbuss at close range while my mate was sniping it, it didn't work. Then we tried swording it, it didn't work.

Do we have to wait until it lets go?, though we cant do that as we got shut on top because it wrapped itself over the way down so we sunk. If there's a way to get it off help would be appreciated, and again i'm not complaining about it's difficulty as i might just be doing something wrong or using the wrong weapon. Cheers!

Views
  • Someone posted yesterday that when it wraps your ship, there will be a tentacle head poking out of the water on one side (and it can switch sides apparently). Blast that to make the tentacle release.

• @ant-heuser-kush I can't verify that its true, as it seems the Kraken is afraid of me and I have yet to run into her :(

If its not true, then something with the Kraken must be bugged because it seems to require way too much damage on the tentacle across the deck to force it to release.

• @d3adst1ck i'll give it a go as i have seen the head poking over the deck but never tried to shoot it as i was focused on the wrapped tentacle, if it works i'd say that's a good mechanic.

• Same issue, once I get wrapped its over. We had whole crew hitting wrapped arm. I will need to look for head in water 2. fought it 4 times beat it only once due to the wrap move.

• Hi, posted this a few days ago, may it help you also!

But yeah, we had the problem were we couldn't get the tentacle to let go. It wrapped around us on a brig, blocking the door to the hold, and four of us hacking and slashing away at it, blasting with guns, couldn't get it to let go. We sank.

This time I noticed that the "head" of the tentacle wrapped around the ship pops up right next to you, in view of the cannons. Two shots in the mouth and it lets go.

Be aware, it can switch sides to try and duck you!

https://youtu.be/A6GI2m7FjnE

Views
5 out of 6