[CLOSED] Shrouded Spoils Creator Contest Submissions

• Ahoy there!

For those of you who'll be taking part in our Shrouded Spoils Creator Contest, this be the right thread for you. Please post any and all submissions below. For those of you who have stumbled upon this thread by mistake and have no idea what I'm talking about, you best sail on over to our announcement post and learn all the details so you can get involved.

Please remember that this thread is ONLY for submissions for our Shrouded Spoils Creator Contest. Anything not related to a submission will be removed. If you have any questions for this contest, please feel free to ask them in our announcement thread.

Views
  • alt text
    here's my submission for the shrouded spoils creator contest
    had a lot of fun working on this

• For Christmas this year, I created a gold hoarder quest for my wife. She will find the key to her chest after solving the six clues, written using pieces of eight font, and rolled in twine. The chest is loaded with various pirate themed gifts, including a Bone Croncher shirt, rounds of pirate mini golf, an obsidian equipment xbox code, chocolate gold coins, a kraken jewelry box, and more. There will also be a Dogs of Rare calendar via a message in a bottle side quest, if the calendar arrives in time.

The first clue, attached to the outside of the chest:
    Arrrgh! Ye found no key, its quite a blunder. Solve six clues to find ye plunder. Rods of iron, fixed by cat. Many dawns, here ye sat.

Answer: My wife's makeup stool where she applies makeup before work. It has a small repair completed with Hello Kitty duct tape.

I'm very excited for Christmas morning. Thank you, Rare, for this great game that my wife and I love playing together.

#shroudedspoilsCC

Chest Contents

Chest Closed

Chest Wrapped

• Our Entry for the Shrouded Spoils creator contest is episode 4 of On the Map! We try to navigate the fog, talk about what the new update brings with it, and we sail with our old pal Derrick, The Son of Merrick!

On the Map - Episode 4 - The son of Merrick Returns!

• @cq-trippz She loved it!

• The Romantic
    My Submission, portraying a Galleon possessed by a relentless soul, The aftermath of a wedded couple's haunting, Appearing through the Shrouded Spoils of fog:

'The Romantic'

And what about some lore for this mysterious vessel?
    Well...

The Tragedy of The Romantic

It started as star crossed lovers. Captain Truth Bentley of the Scarlet Letter and Emily Hathaway, soon to be miss Emily Bentley of a civilized empire were engaged and were awaiting their wedding. The wedding was grand, the pirate crew of the Scarlet Letter and the royal guards lowered their swords to celebrate the wed of the two unlikely lovers. The Honeymoon was aboard Truth's Ship: The Scarlet letter.

His crew sailed gently into the Sea of Thieves' loving mist on a warm night. They cleared the poopdeck for the couple to dance sweet songs like all the sins of piracy and the order of empires didn't matter. The dance was alluring. The hearts of stone cold marauders melted, and everybody was happy. The couple eventually retired to the captain's quarters in the galleon, free from peering eyes. Legend has it, all throughout the waves, Emily was fully in trust of her new spouse, but difficult as it would be to describe, Truth had a demon within scratching to get out, and destroy his happiness for good.

In the cabin, the two embraced in pure love as a new family aboard seas was surely in sight. Suddenly, Emily felt cold, stinging pain rocking in her back, from Truth's warm embrace lied a Ceremonial Dagger, stained in her blood. Emily's life was draining, and through the last seconds of her existence, she felt nothing but anger and sadness. No rhyme or reason for her murder, no emotion was expressed. Truth watched in possession as she stumbled onto the wooden floor gasping for life. Her body faded, but not to the ferry of the damned like traditionally. Fate had a worse fate for Truth Bentley.

Her blood and soul merged into the Scarlet Letter. The mist turned into fog, the ship's beautiful white now showed a black hunter hull. The flag of the Scarlet Letter still flew, but Emily's image was suddenly crested on the flag. Her body became the Figurehead.

She became the ship

Her soul was not merciful to Truth. Anger frenzied the spirit and out of the figurehead sprouted four insect like legs spiked like fingers scratching wildly at the air. The claws soon merged all around every mast, cannon-stall, and sail pulley. The basement became her heart, and she made her presence known. The Claws scratched on the ship's crest the name it would be known by: "The Romantic".

All who sail under the Scarlet letter then were doomed to sail under Emily, or as she's now known by her posessed and emotionless crew: the Entity. The crew wanted to live, and the entity was most humane. They would never be themselves again, forced to see through through her mind in a living death. Now dressed in sovereign clothes (Grey with white trim) and wearing reaper facepaint, the Crew was forever bound to the Romantic, and the Entity forever angry at her love for the horror of an abrupt promise. Truth against all odds, turned tail and disappeared into the Sea of Thieves, narrowly escaping the bitter screams from the monstrous ship.

The Romantic roams the Sea of thieves angry, enveloped in red fog wherever she goes. She awaits sacrifice of the foolish sailors who come too close to her. The crew takes pirates captive, and sacrifices them to the entity to feed her power and get closer to getting the wedded couple the haunting justice they sourly mourned for.

So if you are to venture into the Shroud, keep your wits about you, and watch out for blood red fog within the shroud . For within the fogs of plenty lies something... unpleasant, and relentlessly hunting scurvy ne'er-do-wells, like you.

• Here's my (and crew's) entry for the Shrouded Spoils Creator contest. We call it; The Big Boom. With 66 powder kegs and 1 stronghold keg, this mighty gunpowder plot was a great end to our voyage that took place in the fog!
    Here's the link:
    https://youtu.be/zQ__xFRe69s

• Combined all the wonders of the Shrouded Spoils update and the Holiday festiveness in a song we call... Jingle Sails #ShroudedSpoilsCC

• Hello again,

Lord Szarvas here.

I'm submitting Captain Spearhand. She was a ruthless Meg hunter back in the day and suffered the fate of losing her hand to a Meg. So she strapped her famous spear to her arm. She likes to use grenades/bombs too. She guards a secret cove in the SoT after completing a long quest line about where Meg came from.

Spoilers. She chased Meg around the sevens seas. Both got lost and are now found in the Sea of Thieves.

Anyways. Hope you enjoy. My last submission was a photoshop. This is an original watercolor and hand-drawn picture. It has color in the original but I saw the Sepia effect when I took the photo and thought it looked good like something you'd see posted in a Tavern before an adventure.

Rare, thank you for an awesome year. I've never followed a game on the forums like I have SoT. I've never been so tuned to the dev-updates like I have with your game. I love this game. I hope you don't take the critics too personally (I was critical too about your launch). Anyways, your updates were great. Keep em coming. I look forward to the future of this game.

alt text

• "the heart of who we are"

#ShroudedSpoilsCC

Video

• Before I even knew about there being a creator contest I had wanted to theme my tree and gifts this year around Sea of Thieves. I started with the Athena's tree, decorated with different types of bounty skull ornaments. The garland is rope displaying many of the flags available for ships in-game, topped off with the notable Ghost Flag. The crates, chests, and book were all designed to be used as gift packaging. The cursed cannonballs for peace and cheer (aka grog) seemed most appropriate for the season. The skelly's even have an over-sized bottle of kraken grog to enjoy.
    I got to learn a lot working on this project. I had fun putting all the pieces together to create real life versions of some of the loot that brings back my fondest memories in-game. I definitely have a better appreciation for the amount of work that went into designing and creating all of these things for the game.

alt text
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text

• Hello Mateys :)

This is my Submission to the Shrouded Spoils Contest, I did post it a short while back with all the hashtags but did not know about this thread until later, it took me a decent amount of time to put this together with my crew. share your thoughts!

• #shroudedspoilscc

here's my submission for the shrouded Spoils Contest, i hope you like it.

Views
1 out of 16