Shrouded Spoils Creator Contest
A mysterious fog has come to the Sea of Thieves with our latest free content update: Shrouded Spoils! But that's not all this update brings with it. As well as navigating this new emergent threat, you and your crew will have to face off against feistier Krakens, fearsome new Megalodons unleashed in the wake of The Hungering One, six freshly infested Skeleton Forts and, of course, you'll need to be on the lookout for roaming Skeleton Ships.
But with new dangers come new rewards! Magic-infused gemstones, extended ship customisation and spoils to be won in Kraken and Megalodon battles.
We don't know about you, but to us this sounds like the perfect opportunity to get out there and create some incredible Sea of Thieves content. Sound good? Excellent!
Shrouded Spoils Creator Contest
From December 5th 2018 to January 2nd 2019, we want to see your best Shrouded Spoils-related content!
The winning entries will uncover a treasure trove of loot. Our top two picks will receive a Sea of Thieves Limited Edition Controller, Shrouded Spoils T-shirt, 30 Bilge Rat Doubloons and an Ebon Flintlock Pistol for your pirate!
Three runners-up will receive a Shrouded Spoils T-shirt, Sea of Thieves Journal, 15 Bilge Rat Doubloons and an Ebon Flintlock Pistol!
We'll be looking for submissions in the following categories:
- Best Shrouded Spoils Video - We want to see your best video clips from Shrouded Spoils! With the treacherous fog rolling into the Sea of Thieves, we’d love to see familiar islands in a new light or unexpected encounters in the fog. We’re also keen to see crews taking on newly populated Skeleton Forts or previously unseen Megalodons for their rich rewards.
- Best Shrouded Spoils Fan Creation - Has Shrouded Spoils inspired you to get creative? Perhaps the array of Megalodon patterning has made you feel like breaking out the paints, or you’d like to recreate some of the new spoils such as the Mermaid Statue Gems or super new Stronghold Gunpowder Barrel? Don’t keep your talents hidden under a shroud!
Members of the Sea of Thieves team will be judging your submissions based on the following criteria: Creativity and Originality.
If you've taken part in any of our other Creator Contests, you'll be aware that there are some rules. If this is your first time then please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the following:
- Keep your videos and fan creations family-friendly.
Please keep your entries free from bad language and inappropriate content.
- Keep an eye on video length.
Please keep your video submissions to 10 minutes or under.
- Consider full crew participation.
We actively encourage you to get your crew involved in this! However, only the account that submits the content will be eligible for the prize.
- Content must have been created by you.
Please do not submit clips or creations that another pirate has made. The content you submit must be your own.
One winner will be selected from the Fan Creation submissions and one winner will be selected from the Video submissions for a total of TWO overall winners. They will each receive a Sea of Thieves Limited Edition Controller, Shrouded Spoils T-shirt, 30 Bilge Rat Doubloons and the Ebon Flintlock Pistol.
Three runners-up will be selected from all Fan Creation submissions and Video submissions for a total of THREE runners-up. They will each receive a Shrouded Spoils T-shirt, Sea of Thieves Journal, 15 Bilge Rat Doubloons and the Ebon Flintlock Pistol.
How to Enter
- Tweet your submission to us on Twitter using the hashtag #ShroudedSpoilsCC in your tweet.
- Upload your submission to Instagram using the hashtag #ShroudedSpoilsCC in your post.
- Enter on Facebook by leaving your submission on our wall with the hashtag #ShroudedSpoilsCC.
- Submit your content here on the Forums.
- If you're submitting video content to us, it must be hosted on YouTube.
Submissions posted in this thread will not count as an entry.
Winners will be contacted on January 9th and we'll announce them via our social channels and on our website on January 16th.
This contest opens on 00:01 GMT on December 5th 2018 and closes at 23:59 GMT on January 2nd 2019 inclusive (the “Entry Period”). Entries received outside of the Entry Period will not be considered. Click here for full Terms & Conditions.
Good luck, pirates!
@realterrortesin Do you have to enter on twitter instagram and Facebook or just one of the 3? Also can you submit multiple entries or is it 1 per person?