Do you approve or disapprove of the Cannon, Capstan and Helm prices?

• Ahoy Mates!
    I'd like to know if the community approves or disapproves of the Cannon, Capstan and Helm prices.
    Are they too expensive or are they a fair price the way they are now?
    Let me know!

Views
    community
  • I don’t know my Ocean Crawler Set is locked behind an Commendation :)

• I think it depends a lot on how and how long you've been playing the game.

The skins of the 3 different regions are blocked according to the level of the factions, so the new players can't already unlock them immediately. So I don't think prices are a big problem when you get to the level 50 of a faction.

For those at Morrow's Peak Outpost, you need to unlock their commendations first where some require to sell items and earn gold. As they are at the same price as the sails, the hulls or the figureheads, I personally don't see the problem with their current price.

And in any case, prices are goals to be achieved in order to obtain these items. Also, as a reminder, before Cursed Sails the cosmetics of the ships were all at 70k, which is already a good reduction at the price they are now.

I find that you can earn gold really fast now and this in multiple ways, so I think these goals are pretty quickly achievable. But afterall, my opinion is inevitably influenced by my way of playing. I remember my first days where I thought I would need so much time before I could buy a single item at 70k while now I get them so easily.

For the Legendary items, well that's another story as I'm sure they are at 300k :P

I just think right now it's more lacking in variety but hopefully Rare will quickly finish the other skins.

• @sgt-palooggoo prices are set to low nowadays and they have made it way too easy to get mass amounts of gold in a day .. new ship parts should cost more imo lets go back to the 149k days

• @king-deka I wish the one I wanted was locked behind a commentdation. Mines locked behind like 15 lvls in OoS...

To answer OP question. I think they are a little too high. It makes sense in a way to hike the prices up so high since the current community has a high % of no-life pirates with 500k + gold and we don't have that many options for these new ship cosmetics yet. However, in the long run I think it will be very frustrating for new players(if this game manages to attract them) because of how much of a gold sink it is now to fully customize your ship. There are quite a few ways to solve this in the future: gold is easier to earn in general, future cosmetics are cheaper, future cosmetics require unique loot to make rather than gold(or a small amount of gold), etc.

• @ant-heuser-kush
    Aye, especially nowadays with all this new loot lying around.

• Bought a complete set and an extra steering wheel after a couple of sessions. I feel the prices are fine. The gold is so easy to make now. I did just leave a ship filled with randoms who will not see much money for quite some time. I always know I am in for an interesting session if I spawn in on a sinking boat. The next time they hit a rock, I watched them “bailing” the water from the bottom deck onto the middle deck. I tried to help by explaining but they must have been in party chat. I left. My guess is they might agree the cost of some items is too high. They do not know how to make money, or even stay afloat.

• Fair price I would say.

I earned 1.2million getting to Pirate Legend so plenty enough to do your ship.

There is nothing to do once you reach PL so if your like my mates, you will likely stop playing then anyway.

• Seems fair to me. Something to work towardsz

• @skulliah yeah gold is super easy now - I have earned about 100k in the past 6 hours of gameplay just from forts!
    We also killed a Kraken yesterday to find a box of bone dust which was nice and when sailing with @Clumsy-George last night we sank (well our surgeon on the cannon George did) it in about 2 minutes!

• I don't think the prices really matter that much (I know, easy for someone who played since launch to say). But I remember the early days, looking through the store and setting my sights on particular items I wanted to buy, and saving for them. It had a certain satisfaction when I finally had enough for that ship hull or fancy new dress. It gave me small goals to aim for...

I don't see how it's any different now really.

• I own more than a million golden bucks. There must be some very expensive things, what else can I afford? What am I supposed to do with all the money if every saleable embellishment is sold off cheaply? I want to show glitter, gold and diamonds! I want to show off and impress!

• I'd have loved for them to be half the price, but seeing as I was rounding out my collection of Ship cosmetics I'd say I'm fine with the current price, gives me something to work for. I can understand how this is a punch in the gut for some of us who play a lot less.

• It's all subjective really. As @LucianSanchez82 has mentioned, when we first started playing we would gaze longingly at the shipwrights wares and plan on what we was going to buy first and how long it will take (and this was back before the price drop), we even used to 'go halfs' on ship sets, where one of us would buy the sails and the other the hull. And it was satisfying when you completed the set.

But now that we have more gold than we know what to do with, it doesn't really matter.

So back to the OP's question. It all depends if you ask a new player or a salty sea dog I guess.

• The only price I find ridiculous is 40 Bilge Rat Doubloons for that stupid tiny flag nobody uses.

• @princes-lettuce said in Do you approve or disapprove of the Cannon, Capstan and Helm prices?:

The only price I find ridiculous is 40 Bilge Rat Doubloons for that stupid tiny flag nobody uses.

First thing I bought from Duke :)

• @lem0n-curry said in Do you approve or disapprove of the Cannon, Capstan and Helm prices?:

@princes-lettuce said in Do you approve or disapprove of the Cannon, Capstan and Helm prices?:

The only price I find ridiculous is 40 Bilge Rat Doubloons for that stupid tiny flag nobody uses.

First thing I bought from Duke :)

aye...kinda im saving dabloons from shrouded spoills incase they do something over christmas like a santa sleigh set so my dad brought the whailing barnical and 1st thing was the flag full whailing barnical is cruently our flag ship XD

• i think the prices are fair. cant wait to see more cannon styles and such in future!

Views
community
1 out of 18